Favorite Breakfast on Property?

As a follow up - because our return flight got pushed back a few hours I'm considering a last breakfast before we leave. We don't have an additional day of tickets (and I'm not buying another day just for breakfast), which place would you choose for breakfast outside of the parks as far as ease of transportation goes? We are staying at POP during the last half of our trip so we'd be taking the bus to and fro from there. Also if you had to pick between Chef Mickey's and O'Hana which would you choose? Thanks!

For ease of transportation outside the parks, my choices would be Whispering Canyon - bus to MK then boat to WL; Chef Mickey's - bus to MK, walk to CR; Kona - bus to MK, monorail to Poly; Cape May - bus to DHS, boat or walk to BC.

We much prefer Chef Mickey's over Ohana. Way more food options at Chef Mickey's, which is significant since they are comparable in cost. You definitely are paying for the character interaction at Ohana, because the fare you're served is basic breakfast food (albeit, it is all you can eat). We also found service to be slow at Ohana - both replenishing the food and also the characters coming by your table.

Hello! Tweaking my ADRs for our upcoming trip and I'm debating our breakfast ADR on our last day. We don't fly out until late so we have plenty of time and I'd like to enjoy one last great breakfast. Currently, I have an early BOG reserved for that morning but we will be dining there for lunch earlier in the trip so I'm open to changing it to something else. Where is your favorite breakfast spot in WDW (parks or resort, characters or no) and why?

First of all, I like your Zarina avatar. DD loves that movie!

Last week, we had breakfasts at Hollywood & Vine; Be Our Guest; Tusker House; and Garden Grill. Our very favorite was Tusker House. Great character interactions, excellent and attentive servers, and a wide variety of the buffets. We really loved it! Garden Grill was a close second for the same reasons.

Bona breakfast buffet is my favourite! The ham is amazing and the scrambled eggs are delicious. There is lots of familiar food and different things to try so you get the best of both worlds. Jungle juice is a must.
:simba:

Kona Café is my favorite breakfast in WDW. I always do an opening 7:30am ADR on either a MK or Epcot day, so we can hop on the monorail afterwards. The food is delicious - Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are my favorite, and the Kona press pot coffee! Great start to the day!

Grand Floridian Café is another favorite to start the morning. The food is so good. It is a nice and quiet atmosphere.

With characters - we really enjoy Cape May Café and Akershus. Garden Grill breakfast looks awesome, so that is on our list for next years trip to do. We always do dinner there, so it will be nice to change it up.

Im not a breakfast person. I normally just have coffee and wait for lunch.

However, I really enjoy 1900 Park Fare, and I have enjoyed Ohana in the past (will be trying for the first time in years on Saturday, so not sure how it's changed).

Stayed at Contemporary last year and was not a fan of any part of the dining options there. The atmosphere of a giant lobby and a monorail blowing by just isn't nearly as relaxing as the atmosphere at poly. So at a comparable price, can't say I'll be giving Chef Mickey's a try anytime soon.

Kona is nice as well.

AoA had a great quick service breakfast, but after reading the post earlier this morning about AoA, I'm hesitant to vouch for it.

As a follow up - because our return flight got pushed back a few hours I'm considering a last breakfast before we leave. We don't have an additional day of tickets (and I'm not buying another day just for breakfast), which place would you choose for breakfast outside of the parks as far as ease of transportation goes? We are staying at POP during the last half of our trip so we'd be taking the bus to and fro from there. Also if you had to pick between Chef Mickey's and O'Hana which would you choose? Thanks!

Neither.

1900 Park, Cape May, Kona, Olivia's would all be better choices IMO.

Kona ! Love the pancakes with macadamia nut butter !! I don't drink coffee but love the smell of the French press !!

Hello! Tweaking my ADRs for our upcoming trip and I'm debating our breakfast ADR on our last day. We don't fly out until late so we have plenty of time and I'd like to enjoy one last great breakfast. Currently, I have an early BOG reserved for that morning but we will be dining there for lunch earlier in the trip so I'm open to changing it to something else. Where is your favorite breakfast spot in WDW (parks or resort, characters or no) and why?
Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, and Kona are all fabulous!

Since you will be near MK that morning, some great places in the area are The Wave, which is just a short walk away from the bus drop off. The buffet is probably my favorite on property. Its always fresh, has a couple items unique to it. Another choice is a hop on a boat or catch the monorail to Kona. Always a cool place to eat, good food, and you cant go wrong hanging around the Poly for an hour or two. One other, Trails End. Breakfast is their best meal IMO. Very seldom crowded, and not that tough to get too. Catch the boat, and the dropoff point is just a short, maybe 3 min walk

If you asked me 1975 - 2014 I would have said Crystal Palace or Grand Floridian Cafe, but I went to Bomas for the first time last year and it is my new favorite!!!

So many favorites... Crystal Palace...Ohana...but for just the best food, I would say Akerahus in Epcot..love the cheesy potato casserole!!!

Im not a breakfast person. I normally just have coffee and wait for lunch.

However, I really enjoy 1900 Park Fare, and I have enjoyed Ohana in the past (will be trying for the first time in years on Saturday, so not sure how it's changed).

Stayed at Contemporary last year and was not a fan of any part of the dining options there. The atmosphere of a giant lobby and a monorail blowing by just isn't nearly as relaxing as the atmosphere at poly. So at a comparable price, can't say I'll be giving Chef Mickey's a try anytime soon.

Kona is nice as well.

AoA had a great quick service breakfast, but after reading the post earlier this morning about AoA, I'm hesitant to vouch for it.

I'm headed to AoA in a few days but didn't see that post... What did it say?

I tried The Wave and Tusker House for the first time last week and really enjoyed both. The Wave was especially nice as a quiet, peaceful start to the day with good food (sweet potato pancakes with honey pecan butter...).

I had to cancel 1900PF so I'll have to try that next time.

Coffee and Bailey's and whatever pastry at the cart on the way to France at Epcot. It's accessible prior to world showcases opening at 11.

I'm headed to AoA in a few days but didn't see that post... What did it say?

Said that the choices were severely reduced. Specifically a lot of the custom lines like "build your own burger" and stuff. Build your own pasta was still available but "all of the choices/ingredients that made it great are gone". Food was coming out cold, all the typical food complaints of a mediocre restaurant.

Like I said, I only read this from another poster. I have never been to Landscape and experienced anything short of the best quick service dining experience on property. However, it has been about a year since I've been there.

don't like to load up at a buffet 1st thing in am so for me it is make your own omelet at Pop FC or room service....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter