Favorite Breakfast on Property?

Loved Ohana for the kids and the food was pretty good too. Looks like I'll need to check out Boma on our next trip.

Be Our Guest right now.

Also love Crystal Palace, Ohana's and Tusker House.

Looking forward to trying Boma this summer.

I tend to go with the quieter option. Kona and Ohana are very noisy and busy. I would suggest Trails End, Olivias or Captains Grille. We love the buffet at Captains Grille

If you are on the DDP and still have a QS dining credit left then I guess BOG would be a good option for you. If you are paying OOP then there is no way on God's green earth I'm paying $24 for Disney's version of an Egg McMuffin and a few Entenmanns quality pastries or $14 for a bowl of Corn Flakes or Raisin Bran.

If it's a TS you are looking for my personal favorite is Crystal Palace. I'm 52 years old and still love Pooh and Friends. I enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant, the fresh omelet station (hate pre-made eggs) and the Breakfast Lasagna is perhaps the most perfect dish for breakfast, I'm addicted to that stuff. :goodvibes A few breakfast locations I like are Boma (though a bit of a pain to get to), Cape May (wish it had an omelet station), Captains Grille and The Wave.

Kona, Crystal Palace before MK opens, and Captain's Grill are top of my list. All have delicious options and reasonably priced (even CP, for a character meal IMO).

We stayed at Swan for the first time in March and ate at the Med. Cafe at Dolphin (can't remember the name) for breakfast. Loved it. They have a buffet (which I hate and don't normally do) but also have an egg and pancake station. They will cook you eggs anyway you want them. We loved the food and better yet the service was great.

I love GF Cafe and miss Kat Cora's Kouzzina's (best turkey and sweet potato hash on the planet!!) - excited to try Trattoria al Forno in it's place.

This time around, we are trying Kona as well as Tusker House for breakfast - hopefully we love it - looks fantastic!

We all love breakfast at Captain's Grille. Buffet is fresh and delicious. Ordering off the menu has great choices too. Not crowded at all and the servers are very attentive.

Love Boma and Tusker House. But I must say that I can eat fried rice and eggs at every meal. . .These two offer some excellent versions of fried rice. Some with raisins, some with coconut, some with spring onions and garlic, the varieties are endless. . .on any given day the buffet can change up the rice 8 times. I am not a huge fan of breakfast but will do these two at least once in August when I am there. . .

If I were to pick just one, I think it would be Crystal Palace. I like the atmosphere and the characters - it feels more relaxed to me than Chef Mickey's or Tusker House, for example. And the food is fantastic - a plate of cheesy potatoes and Pooh's Puffed French Toast is all I need!

Hello! Tweaking my ADRs for our upcoming trip and I'm debating our breakfast ADR on our last day. We don't fly out until late so we have plenty of time and I'd like to enjoy one last great breakfast. Currently, I have an early BOG reserved for that morning but we will be dining there for lunch earlier in the trip so I'm open to changing it to something else. Where is your favorite breakfast spot in WDW (parks or resort, characters or no) and why?

Our favorite breakfast on property is Cape May, followed closely by Ohana. We like Cape May for the atmosphere, the characters are cute as they are dressed in beach wear, and the buffet has a lot of variety. We also love Ohana as the atmosphere is fun, and while there's not as much variety as Cape May, it's a little more relaxing as the food is brought to your table with a decent variety of breakfast items.

Crystal Palace mainly for sentimental reasons but we've never had a bad meal there.

We always used to book the Crystal Palace for our departure day breakfast ... it was a happy, fun way to end what is almost always a great trip. Last Spring, however, we had an earlier flight and as we were staying at the Boardwalk we made a last minute decision to forego CP and get something closer ... we booked a breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and loved it! The food was great and the atmosphere was lovely. It was the perfect place to relax and reflect on our trip before facing the hustle and bustle of the airport. We have booked it again for our departure day for next week's trip so I think we have a new tradition!

Besides, we're getting older and perhaps it is time to leave Pooh, Piglet and the Hundred Acre Wood Gang for younger mousketeers.

Looks like you're staying at Poly based on your ticker, so my pick would be Kona. No character hassle, no buffet. A relaxing, good meal with Kona coffee!

My other favorite breakfasts are Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and Tusker House because they have unique offerings being large buffets. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge also has a good breakfast.

I see lots of recommendations for Boma. We had breakfast there for the first time last October while we were staying at AKL, and thought it was good but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to go there. We didn't think it was anything particularly special that would warrant a special trip there. JMO of course!

Last edited:
I really liked Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Didn't try the buffet, but got the lemon ricotta pancakes twice. The dark chocolate waffles are good, too.

We really enjoyed the buffet at Captain's Grille. Good selection and very reasonable (about $19). Didn't try the lemon ricotta pancakes or waffles, but they sound delicious as well.

Bonus: Usually not as crowded as other locations, so getting a table shouldn't be too hard at all. Also, 10% discount if you pay with your Disney Visa CC.

As a follow up - because our return flight got pushed back a few hours I'm considering a last breakfast before we leave. We don't have an additional day of tickets (and I'm not buying another day just for breakfast), which place would you choose for breakfast outside of the parks as far as ease of transportation goes? We are staying at POP during the last half of our trip so we'd be taking the bus to and fro from there. Also if you had to pick between Chef Mickey's and O'Hana which would you choose? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter