FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

The word is, you could, but you'd have to use your credits or lose them, so to speak, when the 5 day res you made them with is up. No stretching :teacher:

Thanks. Just to be sure I understand, we would have six days to use them right? You can still use them the day you are checking out?

kmkja1 said:
Thanks. Just to be sure I understand, we would have six days to use them right? You can still use them the day you are checking out?
Yes, until midnight of check-out day, no matter if you check in somewhere else or not. :)

DisneyMom5 said:
Yes, until midnight of check-out day, no matter if you check in somewhere else or not. :)
I'm sooooooooo glad to hear this!!

By any chance, could you tell me where you got this info.--if it's in print anywhere? Only because I called WDW central info., and they said no, BUT I honestly think the CM misunderstood my question--I think she thought I was asking about extending my plan.

Thank you for doing this..I've tried reading through all of the pages, but there are SO many!

We're a family of 6 headed to WDW in Dec and are planning on using the dining plan..from my initial estimates comparing menus and such, this plan could save us over $1000!!!!

I'm still looking at menus and working out our budget and getting ideas of where/when we'll be eating, but this looks like it will really be a huge factor in our ability to afford this trip.

prprincess said:

By any chance, could you tell me where you got this info.--if it's in print anywhere? Only because I called WDW central info., and they said no, BUT I honestly think the CM misunderstood my question--I think she thought I was asking about extending my plan.

The best information is right here on these boards or allears.com As you learn more you'll find CRO is misunderstood on alot of information.

What you need to do is book is 2 reservations 1st as a package w/10 day tickets + dining and the 2nd as a room-only.

Rachael Q said:
We are still trying to decide on the dining plan or not. I have already salivated over the menus on the DIS and allearsnet and narrowed it down (both restaurants and actual menu items!). I am for the dining plan but DH needs a little more convincing.

Does anyone know the price of the snacks if you buy them, I can only find the cost of water.

Snacks:
ice-cream bar
frozen fruit bar
Popcorn Scoop (single serve)
piece of whole fruit
Bag of Frito-Lay Chips (single serve)
20oz bottle coke, diet coke or sprite
24oz bottle of Dasani water - $2.00
medium fountain pop -
medium apple juice

am I missing any other snacks?

Thank you
Rachael

We were just there last week and all the ice cream bars were 2.50, there were small dassani waters for 1.25, popcorn was 2.75, mickey krispy was 2.87 with tax at our food court and allowed for snacks, chips were $2, and fountain drinks were 1.99 at our food court.

Yvonne

prprincess said:

Honestly, I couldn't tell you where I got the info, but I CAN tell you that we used our credits after checking out from our hotel, and I have heard others say they did the same. Happy eating!

You have until midnight on the day you check out to use your credits.

With a little planning--I figure meals would have totalled about $150 for a family of 4 and sometimes we had a non-DMP child as well. So it runs about $90 for the DMP for 2A and 2C. Now if we had not done DMP--we may not have done a daily table service meal while in the parks. And also may not have sat down for a long dinner ordering appetizers as well as desserts. So, yes very good deal but a lot more food than probably used to--of course if you follow the DMP you are only really eating twice a day-so we go with early lunch at 11a and eat dinner between 5-6p and need that time to walk off the big meals. Best deals are the all-you-can-eat Buffetts. Worst deal is the table service Breakfast.

Hey there....I have read alot of the thread and done some of my own research and now would like confirmation from the dinsey experts on what I believe to be right....

My girlfriend and I will be going for a 9 night 10 day trip to WDW in the summer....I would like to utilise the dining plan but as usual nothing is as straight forward as one would like...

We want to split the trip up with 6 nights at the AKL and 3 nights at the Poly...now my understanding is this.....

1. We have to book the AKL and Poly reservations as seperate reservations but we can still take advantage of a 10 day "best value" park hopper ticket when booking the AKL reservation and just book the Poly as room only...however the dining plan would only be bookable for the 6 night/7 days we are at AKL and not during the Poly stay as its room only (although the 10 day park hopper ticket would still be in effect till the end of the combined trip supposedly)...

2. So the only way to have the dining plan for the entire trip would be to book AKL and Poly seperately and do a park hopper plus dining for the both seperate reservations, meaning that the 10 day "best value" park hopper ticket would have to be foresaken....

So is that right ?

If it is, might book AKL for 7 nights/8 days and just do Poly for 2 nights/3days as if you have till midnight to use your Dining plan credits it would only effect the last 2 days of the trip.....by the way reason we are so desperate to spend a few nights at Poly is we want to finish the trip with a bit of a romantic setting and we think Poly would be a great place for that :)

TIA

Thanks for the confirmation much appreciated.....

just to be sure, being that there are 2 of us going on the trip, EACH of us per night stay get the one snack, one counter service and one table service and its not the case where the two of us have to share per night stay one snack, one counter service and one table service....

TIA

I don't think you can call yourself a "newbie" :teeth:

Yes each of you get 1 snack, 1 cs & 1 ts per night of your stay. You can even share a few to stretch the credits to use until midnight of the day you checkout of your 1st hotel.

I forgot to add that Kona Cafe is wonderful for dinner & would be great value with the dining plan.

My family used the dining plan for 6 nights in July. I think you should just use the dining plan for your AKL reservation and wing it for the Poly portion of the trip. You will be so full from all the food you have eaten, that you'll be ready for a break!

Are you staying concierge at the Poly? The food there is wonderful and the evening service could easily substitute for a meal! Breakfasts and lunches were great too!

The Sweetness said:
Can anyone reserve this yet? Would it be the same for a FL res seasonal pass?

As of now the dining plan is not offered to AP holders only DVC after 4/1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter