FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

Officially dessert at breakfast & frozen drinks are not included in the meal plan so try not to be disappointed when you are told no. You will of course find places that will let you. As far as your drink with breakfast I would pick up something you could use & open later on such as bottled water. From what I read since B&C doesn't have apps you would only get chips or fruit as a side. All desserts are included except the kitchen sink. Personally I wouldn't use a TS here.

I sortof have a DP question. My DSD is coming with us on this trip. If I do the plan & purchase 1 day tickets for all of us, could she use all of the 1 day passes for herself since we have AP's & leftover tickets already?

jjohnson said:
I sortof have a DP question. My DSD is coming with us on this trip. If I do the plan & purchase 1 day tickets for all of us, could she use all of the 1 day passes for herself since we have AP's & leftover tickets already?
If you get a package, each ticket will have a name on it. So if there are three of you, there will be three different tickets with three different names.
Now TECHNICALLLY if she is the one who uses the ticket, she is the one who's scan will be attached for that day, if she is over 10. BUT in the event that the scanners or ticket readers are down, they have the right to check ID by hand. So you risk having her holding a non-transferable ticket in someone else's name.
Does that make sense?

We are still trying to decide on the dining plan or not. I have already salivated over the menus on the DIS and allearsnet and narrowed it down (both restaurants and actual menu items!). I am for the dining plan but DH needs a little more convincing.

Does anyone know the price of the snacks if you buy them, I can only find the cost of water.

Snacks:
ice-cream bar
frozen fruit bar
Popcorn Scoop (single serve)
piece of whole fruit
Bag of Frito-Lay Chips (single serve)
20oz bottle coke, diet coke or sprite
24oz bottle of Dasani water - $2.00
medium fountain pop -
medium apple juice

am I missing any other snacks?

Thank you
Rachael

Rachael Q said:
We are still trying to decide on the dining plan or not. I have already salivated over the menus on the DIS and allearsnet and narrowed it down (both restaurants and actual menu items!). I am for the dining plan but DH needs a little more convincing.

Does anyone know the price of the snacks if you buy them, I can only find the cost of water.

Snacks:
ice-cream bar
frozen fruit bar
piece of whole fruit
medium fountain pop -
medium apple juice

Thank you
Rachael

If I remember correctly, all of the snacks were around $2.50. It seems to me it didn't cover any that were over that amount. :)

Oh, and at Pop century they allowed us to get mickey rice crispie bars.

I know the rice krispie Mickey ears were included on the plan at the All Star Movies Resort last September.

DisneyMom5 said:
If you get a package, each ticket will have a name on it. So if there are three of you, there will be three different tickets with three different names.
Now TECHNICALLLY if she is the one who uses the ticket, she is the one who's scan will be attached for that day, if she is over 10. BUT in the event that the scanners or ticket readers are down, they have the right to check ID by hand. So you risk having her holding a non-transferable ticket in someone else's name.
Does that make sense?

I thought the tickets were only non-transferable after first use. I was also wondering about doing this as we booked dining package last year and now have 4 one day passes that have not been used.

Tarzan said:
I thought the tickets were only non-transferable after first use. I was also wondering about doing this as we booked dining package last year and now have 4 one day passes that have not been used.

My DH has a ticket that we bought from a friend and he used it the very next day after she did with NO problems!

We did this to save my friend money...we didn't save a thing. We did this, because we knew the finger scan thing wasn't doing a thing. Another friend, has NO fingers, so when she was there last summer, either the CM just scanned their own fingers to let her in, or had one of her kids do it for her, or my sister. So, on her pass during that week, there were about 6 different fingers scanned on that one pass.

Also, we have given people those one day passes that you get when booking a package..that have our names on them and again, no problems.

Rachael Q said:

Snacks:
ice-cream bar
frozen fruit bar
piece of whole fruit
medium fountain pop -
medium apple juice

Thank you
Rachael

In December, my husband states Ice cream & frozen fruit bars were $3.00. We were on the DDP so, :) I really did not look at prices & that was a real luxury for me!!!

CarolynMink said:
In December, my husband states Ice cream & frozen fruit bars were $3.00. We were on the DDP so, :) I really did not look at prices & that was a real luxury for me!!!

We were there in December as well and they were still $2.50

MemoryMakers2669 said:
We did this to save my friend money...we didn't save a thing. We did this, because we knew the finger scan thing wasn't doing a thing. Another friend, has NO fingers, so when she was there last summer, either the CM just scanned their own fingers to let her in, or had one of her kids do it for her, or my sister. So, on her pass during that week, there were about 6 different fingers scanned on that one pass.

Also, we have given people those one day passes that you get when booking a package..that have our names on them and again, no problems.

The finger scan does work. The CM may choose to override the turnstyle and allow a guest through so I am surprised that they allowed someone else to scan thier fingers!

MemoryMakers2669 said:
We were there in December as well and they were still $2.50

We were there in September, and I thought different ice creams/fruit bars were different prices, ranging from $2 - $3, but we were able to get any of them on the plan.

eddieras said:
all credits are good until midnite of the day you check out-- meaning the rest of the day after you check out...
But what if you're checking into a second Disney resort (booked "room only") before midnight? Would your credits then expire upon check-in to that resort?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm new here and I'm still searching through the boards for the answer to this.

prprincess said:
But what if you're checking into a second Disney resort (booked "room only") before midnight? Would your credits then expire upon check-in to that resort?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm new here and I'm still searching through the boards for the answer to this.

The credits are still good until midnight of that day. :)

We have used the Meal Plan twice now. $90 for 2A and 2C and we have found just the dinners we have been enjoying themselves cost over $90 add on another $30-50 for a Counter service and Ice Cream snack another $10 it is not hard to see $150 plus a day. Yes, perhaps more eating than one would normally eat. Also have to time them a little better: later breakfast/ early lunch about 11a and earlier dinner around 5p plus need the time to walk off the appetizer and dessert you may not have gotten/ paid for if you were really using all of your money.

robinb said:
The finger scan does work. The CM may choose to override the turnstyle and allow a guest through so I am surprised that they allowed someone else to scan thier fingers!

It didn't seem to matter for my DH for sure, when he used the pass this past December that a friend had been using the three days prior. He went right in, turned green right away. With my friend, they might have been overriding, but why bother having someone else scan their fingers. The CM on a few of those occasions we did watch and she did nothing at all to override it...unless there is something at her feet she was hitting. But they did in fact have her two older sons, my sister and then a couple of them themselves just scan their fingers. I had posted about this before we went in fact and she carried her ID with her always just in case, she was worried she would have problems, but it wasn't.

Maybe it is a daily thing, which I think I did read somewhere else recently.

I wonder if you are able to take a day off the plan if you are getting in late. We are driving and may net get in until late, the old dining plan let you take off first and last. If anyone knows it would help in money planning

thanks
judy

No with the new plan it has to match the number of nights you are staying. The only way around it would be to book a seperate room-only reservation for you first night but you would have to check-in again the following day & possibly need to move into another room.

We plan on going for 10 days in August. Can we get 10 day park hoppers, stay 5 nights at POR, 5 nights at AKL and get only 5 days of Dining Plan? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter