Fantasy 12/26/2015 -01/2/2016

Mediadance, we are staying st mco hyatt. We sayed there on a day pass a few years ago and it is nice. They take your bags to the busses from your room, nice not to have to fool with them. It was $159/nt when we booked.
We ended up getting a room there. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. I'm starting to think about transportation to/from Port, deciding whether to book a night at WDW after the cruise or just stop there for lunch and then fly home. Last I read Southwest will open its calendar on May 14th - so I need to figure out which return flight to book. Has anyone else started narrowing down their excursions? I feel like on Eastern Caribbean I knew exactly what sounded the best at each stop. I am still completely undecided on all ports for this cruise. Just over 8 months to go!!!

I've been wondering about excursions too. Has anyone done this itinerary before? I'd love to get some tips and suggestions.

Booked our flights today!!!! We land around 4 on Christmas Day and fly out around 4:30 on the 2nd.

We get in at 7pm Christmas night and stay at mco hotel. Going to be hectic between our home, grand parents, grabbing luggage packed for 2 weeks of cruising and 3 WDW days, and hustling to airport. More at mental and physical challenge than a vacy. I'll put a "26" marathon sticker on my car if we get thru it!

We get in at 8pm Christmas night and are staying at the same MCO hotel. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no issues with our flights... Too soon to be anxious. :earsboy: If you had one extra day in Orlando, what would you do? We saved almost $2000 on plane fares by staying in Orlando until Monday. Would you go to one of the parks, and if so which one? I live near Disneyland, so Disney World doesn't top the list.

If you haven't been to WDW, I would go. We are going to be there 3 nights after the cruise. If you don't want to do Disney, then I would definitely go to Universal. My 6/8 year olds had a blast there last year. You could do most of the good stuff out there in a day (although you'd have to be prepared). It's much smaller than WDW and simpler. But great attractions.

I have never been to Sea World, but I imagine you have plenty of that out West.

We have Disneyland and California Adventure, but we don't have Epcot or Animal Kingdom. We also have Sea World, Legoland and Universal Studios - though Harry Potter won't be ready until 2016. I guess as I think of it, we should pick between Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Votes?

In that case, it depends on kids' ages/interests. Epcot was a bit of a snooze to 6/8 year olds. They enjoyed HS the best, then AK. If you have older kids, I would think it would be a contest between AK and Epcot. Animals versus Cultures. Personally, I wasn't that wowed by Epcot--I thought it was dated (and I've traveled all over Europe, so not as interesting for me). But some people love Epcot and the variety of food/restaurants (I really enjoyed San Angel, or whatever it was called, the Mex restaurant in the Mayan temple along with river ride).

In that case, it depends on kids' ages/interests. Epcot was a bit of a snooze to 6/8 year olds. They enjoyed HS the best, then AK. If you have older kids, I would think it would be a contest between AK and Epcot. Animals versus Cultures. Personally, I wasn't that wowed by Epcot--I thought it was dated (and I've traveled all over Europe, so not as interesting for me). But some people love Epcot and the variety of food/restaurants (I really enjoyed San Angel, or whatever it was called, the Mex restaurant in the Mayan temple along with river ride).
Thanks for the feedback. We haven't been to HS yet, while we have been to the other two, so that might be the answer. I will look into it more thoroughly. When we were there last year, it sounded like it would be too similar to California Adventure, but other local friends said that they love it. Okay back to work for me.

I'm also a frequent DL visitor. Again - depends on kids ages/interests but when my kids were younger we did 1/2 day at HS or AK tops. At HS - Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Disney Jr show, etc. BUT Aerosmith Rock'n Roller Coaster is fantastic. Animal Kingdom - Everest is also a favorite of ours. I like Grizzly River Run MUCH better than AK's Kali River Rapids and the safari is nice. EPCOT - we don't waste our time on Soarin' there. We like Test Track and love wandering the World Showcase. But if your kids just want rides - that might bore them. My kids loves coloring in each country, collecting stamps, trying treats. It was sort of a down day from the fast pace of the other parks - so it is great - but maybe not for just one day. I asked my kids this question and they answered Blizzard Beach - of course we haven't been in winter. Because of DL, Magic Kingdom is lowest on our list at WDW. Feel free to ask away if you want other thoughts. When I was looking at flights for each day - I was toying with getting a one day hopper and hitting 2-3 parks based on hours. Hit one early, use pre arranged fast pass at one mid day and then end night at one - that way I could focus on all the non-DL stuff. My husband didn't think ending a relaxing cruise with a crazy day was how we should end our vacation - so we fly back to Arizona Saturday...

I'm also a frequent DL visitor. Again - depends on kids ages/interests but when my kids were younger we did 1/2 day at HS or AK tops. At HS - Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Disney Jr show, etc. BUT Aerosmith Rock'n Roller Coaster is fantastic. Animal Kingdom - Everest is also a favorite of ours. I like Grizzly River Run MUCH better than AK's Kali River Rapids and the safari is nice. EPCOT - we don't waste our time on Soarin' there. We like Test Track and love wandering the World Showcase. But if your kids just want rides - that might bore them. My kids loves coloring in each country, collecting stamps, trying treats. It was sort of a down day from the fast pace of the other parks - so it is great - but maybe not for just one day. I asked my kids this question and they answered Blizzard Beach - of course we haven't been in winter. Because of DL, Magic Kingdom is lowest on our list at WDW. Feel free to ask away if you want other thoughts. When I was looking at flights for each day - I was toying with getting a one day hopper and hitting 2-3 parks based on hours. Hit one early, use pre arranged fast pass at one mid day and then end night at one - that way I could focus on all the non-DL stuff. My husband didn't think ending a relaxing cruise with a crazy day was how we should end our vacation - so we fly back to Arizona Saturday...
Thank you so much for your feedback. This is very helpful, too. Perhaps we will do a couple of parks, while Epcot isn't a favorite the kids absolutely love the Agent P World Showcase - though it may be too much duplication to whatever scavenger hunt is on the ship. Perhaps AK in the morning and HS in the evening...

Our manageable list, so far:

Mitch, Urania, Helen (9), Allen (7) 6582
Jennifer, Kevin, Ryan (Girl - 10), Anna (also girl - 8) 7570
Graeme (33) and Jenn (33) 5688
Jay (adult)Rebecca (adult)Millie (7 year old girl)Michaela (7 year old girl) 6510

I am wondering at what point will we close the list, so we can start our shopping/creations?

I think a limit is a good idea (lest we all feel burdened by large numbers to gift for). Maybe a few more families, if there are any interested. Maybe folks are going to start planning more seriously in a few months? I am an early planner (Boy Scout), but a lot aren't.

I think a limit is a good idea (lest we all feel burdened by large numbers to gift for). Maybe a few more families, if there are any interested. Maybe folks are going to start planning more seriously in a few months? I am an early planner (Boy Scout), but a lot aren't.
I am a planner too hence my question... Helps me with the budget and stress. Thanks so much.

Maybe "pods" of 10 families each--if we get that many. If there are a good number more than 10, the later families can organize their own pod. I guess I'm using dolphin lingo in keeping with the nautical theme . . .

Hello Everyone
I posted on this page a very long time ago and have only just come back to it. I see that you have made a list for FE could you possibly add my family to it.
We are the Garner family originally from the UK but living in Abu Dhabi (UAE). There is Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17).

Hello Everyone
I posted on this page a very long time ago and have only just come back to it. I see that you have made a list for FE could you possibly add my family to it.
We are the Garner family originally from the UK but living in Abu Dhabi (UAE). There is Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17).

Hamitchell has volunteered to organize the fish extender for our group. I think he just needs your room number.

3MouseLovers: Post with your cabin #. So we can leave you stuff at your door.

Our list so far:
Mitch, Urania, Helen (9), Allen (7) 6582
Jennifer, Kevin, Ryan (Girl - 10), Anna (also girl - 8) 7570
Graeme (33) and Jenn (33) 5688
Jay (adult)Rebecca (adult)Millie (7 year old girl)Michaela (7 year old girl) 6510
Garners: Robert, Ann and daughter Sally (17) ________

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter