Fantasy 12/26/2015 -01/2/2016

Hello.

...we have seen the FE in the past and always wondered what they were and how to get involved. We would love to join in this year if possible ?

Same here--we haven't done FE yet, and this will be our third Disney cruise. ...

I am on board as well with FE. !!! we can make a list when we get a drop closer I will update this list soon!!!!

CANNOT WAIT!!

We'll participate. Give us a little primer on FE and what we should bring.

...We're are happy to take part in the FE list if there is one.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Hi Everyone

I saw this on another thread - Champagne Girls. Ladies would get together and do a champagne "tasting". They have said it's a fun activity for a sea day.

Thought it might be a fun thing to do. They dress in pink/wear pink feather boas, tiaras etc or not if it's not your thing.

Maybe the men could do a beer/whisky tasting so they don't feel left out.

If anyone is internet then let me know and we can arrange something.

Jenn

Thanks Webmaster Doc.

I can keep a list. We are momma Urania, daddy Mitch, Helen 8 and Allen 6.

Our second Fantasy cruise, and we are fired up. At least parents are, kids will get a surprise Dec 26 when we take the airport exit instead of heading to the mountains on I-40.

Post you info per Webmaster's note.

Mitch

We are interested in FE. We have two adults and two girls who will be 8 and 10 at cruise time. This will be our second cruise - last one was also on the Fantasy last March. Last cruise was Eastern so excited for new ports this time.

Kevin and I did a mixology with our meet group last time and loved that. I'm up for any kind of tasting. Well - probably not scotch...

Has anyone done the western before? I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on excursions.

So excited!!

I just read the link on Fish Extenders, and we'll need everyone's cabin number as well (you have to deliver gifts to the FE outside your cabin door).

Our cabin is 6582.

Mitch

Okay so we are also sailing on this cruise! It is 2A and DD 9 and DS 4. We are travelling with friends 2 A and 3 kids, DD 8, DS, 6 and DD 3. We are starting to look at airfare and our heads are spinning. Any suggestion on when to book for best pricing????

I just read the link on Fish Extenders, and we'll need everyone's cabin number as well (you have to deliver gifts to the FE outside your cabin door).

Our cabin is 6582.

Mitch
Hi Mitch,

Thank you for taking the lead on FE. We are super excited to participate.

Cabin 6510
Jay (adult)
Rebecca (adult)
Millie (7 year old girl)
Michaela (7 year old girl)

Much appreciated, Rebecca

We are coming in from Los Angeles and are not planning to go to the parks before hand. For those of you who have done this before, is it better to stay a night in Cape Canaveral the night before the cruise or at one of the Disney World hotels and take the bus down? I'd prefer to get on the boat early to book all of the special extras. Thanks for your insight.

We are coming in from Los Angeles and are not planning to go to the parks before hand. For those of you who have done this before, is it better to stay a night in Cape Canaveral the night before the cruise or at one of the Disney World hotels and take the bus down? I'd prefer to get on the boat early to book all of the special extras. Thanks for your insight.

We have stayed at both the resort and at the airport and caught the DCL transportation. If you want there early I would recommend staying at the airport and getting the DCL bus. Never stayed at Cape Canaveral the night before but have read of other people doing it and they don't appear to have any issues.

Jenn

Hey, Rebecca, I had surgery so I haven't lurked here lately. Since you guys are the only ones giving mr your fe info, i guess you get the high end gifts! I need to check pm to see if others responded.

We have done 1 fantasy w, carib. And a carnival. In coz., we did nachi cokum and liked it, but it is more adultish. Kids loved playa mia, it is a water park and nice family beach--only downside is buffet is meh. I think we r doing paradise beach this time for a change. But either beach is fine. Cayman we have been to 3 times, and sting rays and rum pt is fun, but we r not sting ray people. We r renting a cabana at palm resort on 7 mi beach, we spent our fantasy excursion with friends staying at a condo near there, liked the relaxing and upscale beach.

Jamaica i have no idea, but one of the non disney beach breaks looks good. You can google island marketing jamaica and find decent resort day pass. Dont go to ocho rios, we hated it on a week vacay several years ago.

Castaway key we have been to 3 times, did a two stop on magic in 2010. We bring our snorkel stuff and kids as well as daddy have snorkel floats, so they hold on to my shoulders and do snorkel park. Weather can be iffy, so we take 2mm shorty wetsuits. Mommy and i run the 5 k while kids are in scuttles cove. Good times . . .

Hey, Rebecca, I had surgery so I haven't lurked here lately. Since you guys are the only ones giving mr your fe info, i guess you get the high end gifts! I need to check pm to see if others responded.

We have done 1 fantasy w, carib. And a carnival. In coz., we did nachi cokum and liked it, but it is more adultish. Kids loved playa mia, it is a water park and nice family beach--only downside is buffet is meh. I think we r doing paradise beach this time for a change. But either beach is fine. Cayman we have been to 3 times, and sting rays and rum pt is fun, but we r not sting ray people. We r renting a cabana at palm resort on 7 mi beach, we spent our fantasy excursion with friends staying at a condo near there, liked the relaxing and upscale beach.

Jamaica i have no idea, but one of the non disney beach breaks looks good. You can google island marketing jamaica and find decent resort day pass. Dont go to ocho rios, we hated it on a week vacay several years ago.

Castaway key we have been to 3 times, did a two stop on magic in 2010. We bring our snorkel stuff and kids as well as daddy have snorkel floats, so they hold on to my shoulders and do snorkel park. Weather can be iffy, so we take 2mm shorty wetsuits. Mommy and i run the 5 k while kids are in scuttles cove. Good times . . .

I missed your post saying you would keep the list, been more focused on our cruise at end of may just now.

We are in cabin 5688, we are Graeme (33) and Jenn (33)

Thanks
Jenn

Ok, Jenn, we are getting to critical mass--sending this to office so I can start a spreadsheet for FE.

Unless you are rich, these should be modest gifts. Apparently some folks are getting premium gifts and overdoing a bit. If you are rich, pls go ahead and overdo. ;-). The Mitchells were rich before getting tapped out by Disney, so beans and rice for the kids on our end.

Might do some Disney pins, stickers, etc for kiddies. Parents, we'll figure something out that is creative.

Mediadance, we are staying st mco hyatt. We sayed there on a day pass a few years ago and it is nice. They take your bags to the busses from your room, nice not to have to fool with them. It was $159/nt when we booked.

Just noticed the two sets of twins, I assume, on our list. 1 at a time is hard enough!

Ok, Jenn, we are getting to critical mass--sending this to office so I can start a spreadsheet for FE.

Unless you are rich, these should be modest gifts. Apparently some folks are getting premium gifts and overdoing a bit. If you are rich, pls go ahead and overdo. ;-). The Mitchells were rich before getting tapped out by Disney, so beans and rice for the kids on our end.

Might do some Disney pins, stickers, etc for kiddies. Parents, we'll figure something out that is creative.

What about doing a recipe exchange instead to help keep costs low?

We are in 7570.
Jennifer, Kevin, Ryan (Girl - 10), Anna (also girl - 8).

We did FE on our one other cruise and gifts we received ranged from Ziplocs with candy we could take to the shows/movies, pins, door magnets - handmade ornaments, personalized small photo books/frames (personalized to cruise itself, not each cabin). One person gave the kids giant Art stuffed animals (Monsters U). I have no idea how they carried them all onto the ship but my girls loved them.

Some people did separate gifts for each person, some did one gift per cabin - it can really be whatever you want it to be. It is more about the fun of coming back to your cabin to find surprises than it is to see how much loot you can get :) I waited to decide what to do until I saw how many cabins would be in the group - and how many kids/adults, etc.

I think I will see how many cabins we get before deciding FE gifts, too. I agree, it can be whatever you want it to be, no pressure. Make sure to put your family name on the gift so we know who gave it. I was thinking of plastic mini bottles if we don't have a long list (for the gents, or for ladies if they're drinkers).

Oh, I always forget something--please don't give us a lot of sweets. I just had bariatric surgery and all of us are watching our weight! It's sort of cheesy to make this request, but got to do it. If you do happen to give us sweets, we'll eat them anyway, so don't worry. Thanks.

Our manageable list, so far:

Mitch, Urania, Helen (9), Allen (7) 6582
Jennifer, Kevin, Ryan (Girl - 10), Anna (also girl - 8) 7570
Graeme (33) and Jenn (33) 5688
Jay (adult)Rebecca (adult)Millie (7 year old girl)Michaela (7 year old girl) 6510

My wife is a native spanish speaker, so if you are concerned about getting to transport at Cozumel, she can help. I personally, without wife, wouldn't be worried having been there and seen how honest/open things are. But the spanish is intimidating.

I can handle Jamaica and Cayman languages . . .;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter