Fantasmic Dining Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just able to book a Fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose for Feb. 7. I didn’t have to cancel my previously booked reservation there, the system let me know there was a conflict and cancelled it for me and replaced it with the dining package. 🙂

I just meant I’m not bothering her for that. She booked it for Jan 5. It’s definitely an odd coincidence if she canceled and it immediately showed up. Maybe it doesn’t work for every booking but it did for hers.
January 5 there were available F! until January 10, then from January 11-31 there were none and are none. Now on Jan 5 there is only one for MM at 2 pm, but, except for Sci-fi there are still a number from Feb 1-8 on the website with a variety of times. If you're planning on cancelling an ADR in the hopes of getting a F! instead, it is taking a chance and you had better decide if it is worth losing it.

On the website as well (you have to click on ‘available locations’

View attachment 724227View attachment 724229
My search looks nothing like this! I have never seen a list of all available times/restaurants for the package. I have had to select one restaurant from a drop down menu and then go through all the times. How/where are you going to get to this page in your screenshot? Are you using a Computer or phone?

My search looks nothing like this! I have never seen a list of all available times/restaurants for the package. I have had to select one restaurant from a drop down menu and then go through all the times. How/where are you going to get to this page in your screenshot? Are you using a Computer or phone?
I believe you’re going to the Fantasmic Dining package page and then looking at each individual restaurant from the drop down menu.

On the website, go to ‘Things to do’ from the menu on the left and click ‘Make reservations’. Filter for Hollywood Studios and ‘Lunch’ or ‘Dinner’

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Here is the Disney dining page (you can filter for parks+resorts); very handy when park hours are added and people dump resort ADRs in favor of in park dining at MK.

F878BED2-A792-4026-AB66-028C83DCE987.jpeg

Last edited:
Where are you seeing these? I tried the website earlier and there was nothing. Then I went into the app and was able to book one for, but for a day, time and restaurant I didn’t want.
When you go to the booking page and available restaurants are listed on the left hand side go to Fantasmic and click on the available Fantasmic Dining Packages, this will list what Fantasmic packages are available on that day and time. Click the one you want. Currently this is only for February 1-8 and is only on a laptop or desktop. This is available locations on Feb 2 at 12 noon:

Available Locations​

Hollywood & Vine
Disney's Hollywood Studios
$$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult), 4 Star, American
Reserve a table at
10:10 AM12:45 PM
50's Prime Time Café
$$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult), 4 Star, American
Reserve a table at
11:00 AM
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Reserve a table at
11:40 AM12:00 PM12:20 PM
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
$$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult), 4 Star, American, Italian
Reserve a table at
11:35 AM12:00 PM12:20 PM

When you go to the booking page and available restaurants are listed on the left hand side go to Fantasmic and click on the available Fantasmic Dining Packages, this will list what Fantasmic packages are available on that day and time. Click the one you want. Currently this is only for February 1-8 and is only on a laptop or desktop. This is available locations on Feb 2 at 12 noon:

Available Locations​

Hollywood & Vine
Reserve a table at
50's Prime Time Café
Reserve a table at
Reserve a table at
Reserve a table at
Are you talking about the website or app? I am still not able to find what you are looking at or what’s in your screenshot.

Available Locations​

Hollywood & Vine
Reserve a table at
50's Prime Time Café
Reserve a table at
Reserve a table at
Reserve a table at
OMG, I think I finally figured it out. None of the times you are showing, though.

Attachments

• 6F49E5D5-B077-4944-8F16-D8A4D20DDA85.jpeg
    6F49E5D5-B077-4944-8F16-D8A4D20DDA85.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 11
@Graycie25 My screenshots were from the My Disney Experience App.
My screenshot was from webpage, as I said, laptop or desktop, since I don't use the app here since my phone is usually off since we don't have a cell tower so no cell phone coverage so I don't bother putting in on just for apps.

Tried cancelling two tables for sci Fi for 4 people each to try and grab it as fantasmic for Feb 2. I can say it didn't work because it never showed up again. I think it split my reservation into four tables for 2 because I noticed availability for the exact times afterwards. I was lucky enough to grab a reservation for another day, albeit less ideal time. Definitely risky - may work or it may not.

Tried cancelling two tables for sci Fi for 4 people each to try and grab it as fantasmic for Feb 2. I can say it didn't work because it never showed up again. I think it split my reservation into four tables for 2 because I noticed availability for the exact times afterwards. I was lucky enough to grab a reservation for another day, albeit less ideal time. Definitely risky - may work or it may not.
Risky, especially two tables of 4. Glad you got another reservation although less ideal!

The Sci-Fi cars seat guests in rows of 2, with 3 or sometimes 4 rows to a car. So when a party of 4 cancels, it makes room for 2 parties of 2.

Sci-Fi, being one of the original DHS restaurants, is relatively tiny for today's park attendance. And the cars (as well as the tables in the back) being fixed in place means there’s no flexibility for staff to move tables together or apart to accommodate parties of various sizes. We had a party of 9 and were seated with 4 in 2 rows of a car and the other 5 in a 6-top table in the middle, several rows away from the car.

The Sci-Fi cars seat guests in rows of 2, with 3 or sometimes 4 rows to a car. So when a party of 4 cancels, it makes room for 2 parties of 2.

Sci-Fi, being one of the original DHS restaurants, is relatively tiny for today's park attendance. And the cars (as well as the tables in the back) being fixed in place means there’s no flexibility for staff to move tables together or apart to accommodate parties of various sizes. We had a party of 9 and were seated with 4 in 2 rows of a car and the other 5 in a 6-top table in the middle, several rows away from the car.
Ya, there were reports of people successfully rebooking sci fi as the fantasmic package. It seems like for sci Fi, on top of the risk of someone else grabbing it, there is a risk of them splitting the party size too. I guess it would be ok if you are willing to sit apart.

I am guessing you split your party of 9 into two separate reservations though. I don't think sci Fi has tables for 9, max is 8 from pictures I could find.

As one of the people who lost Sci Fi trying to cancel and rebook it as a package, I do not recommend doing it unless you're willing to lose it completely. It did not work for me.

People are selling ADRs so trying to get us to cancel
Wow, really? Not everyone is doing that. Like someone else just posted, their reservation clearly went back into the pool of tables but got split into smaller ones. Who knows how it works, but for some people it did and for some it didn’t. We’re not coming on here making up stories to try and get people to cancel.

Wow, really? Not everyone is doing that. Like someone else just posted, their reservation clearly went back into the pool of tables but got split into smaller ones. Who knows how it works, but for some people it did and for some it didn’t. We’re not coming on here making up stories to try and get people to cancel.
I could be wrong and it was a coincidence, but I’m 100% certain based on my own cancelling an ADR experience that an ADR doesn’t convert to a Fantasmic Dining package. Unless someone has screenshots to prove me wrong, I’ll only believe it if I see it. It’s my opinion just like you’re entitled to yours.

For others who hold hard to get ADRs I’m sure you’re happy as well that they didn’t get misled into cancelling weather it was intentional or unintentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter