Fall Promotion to be released...

True but isn't HP World opening in June? The current promos already account for that time frame and 2 months past it. This is thier competing w/ WWOHP deal I think.

IF after WWOHP opens and it really makes attendance dive at Disney then I could see some better promos coming down the pike but for now I think this is what we can expect until attendance starts to be effected (which won't happen till after the opening in mid/late June).

Most people will want to avoid large crowds...I know I would...I also would want the ride to be out for a few months so that way they can adjust any kinks.

MAYBE!?:) Disney will INCREASE room rates and park tickets!!!:confused:

Then hardly any one will book and the parks will be really empty and NO LINES, NO STANDING ON BUSES, No need for FAST PASS, NO RESTURANT RESSIE'S NEEDED!:thumbsup2

:wizard: "A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep "princess:

:rolleyes1 :dance3:

I'm expecting that price increase. When talking to a CM about ticket prices he said " You also have to take other things into account, like the price increase...er...if the prices increases then, you know add another ten dollars to be safe." It was like he was trying to back peddle what he has said. So, might mean nothing, but I'm going to assume different.

Good point, I didn't think of Harry Potter opening up! That does bode well for us Disney fantics! :goodvibes

However, the opening of WWoHP will bring people to Orlando that might not have planned a WDW only trip - like us. We had a WDW only trip in Feb. but, we want to go back in the Fall to check out WWoHP and since we will be in the area :rotfl: we will spend a few days at the World.

Not trying to start an argument - just showing some other perspective. :hippie:

I am so disappointed in this deal that they announced, its pretty close to the one that just ended! They need to post travel dates AFTER August 14th!

I'm expecting that price increase. When talking to a CM about ticket prices he said " You also have to take other things into account, like the price increase...er...if the prices increases then, you know add another ten dollars to be safe." It was like he was trying to back peddle what he has said. So, might mean nothing, but I'm going to assume different.

Typically... Disney increases ticket prices in August and sometimes January.. and rarely May.

Whenever Disney raises prices.. NOBODY knows til about 3 days prior.. including the CM's at the call center. Seriously. They do it under cover of darkness and tell NOBODY til it is a done deal ...

Ticket discounters, front line CM's .. those at the ticket sales locations.. EVERYBODY finds out at the same time.

Those who DO know.. know to keep their mouth shut under penalty of dismissal. And people do get dismissed from Disney from speaking without authorization..

Its VERY reasonable to assume that ticket prices will increase this August.

So.. that's probably the basis he was speaking on.

Well DisneyVisa updated their site and taken off the outdated promo.

The only promo listed is 'Resort offer for some of our best friends.
Kids 3-9 stay, play and dine FREE when you purchase a 4-night/5-day vacation package that includes room, Theme Park tickets and Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan"

The wait continues - :surfweb: :rotfl:

Typically... Disney increases ticket prices in August and sometimes January.. and rarely May.

Whenever Disney raises prices.. NOBODY knows til about 3 days prior.. including the CM's at the call center. Seriously. They do it under cover of darkness and tell NOBODY til it is a done deal ...

Ticket discounters, front line CM's .. those at the ticket sales locations.. EVERYBODY finds out at the same time.

Those who DO know.. know to keep their mouth shut under penalty of dismissal. And people do get dismissed from Disney from speaking without authorization..

Its VERY reasonable to assume that ticket prices will increase this August.

So.. that's probably the basis he was speaking on.

If this happens (price increase) am I still guaranteed the quoted rate I was told when I booked and placed down my deposit for my pkg??

I have a confirmation receipt that says I owe $x,xxx.00 by July 13th. Will that price increase? or do they honour the price by locking you in to the price quoted at the time of placing your $200.00 deposit??
Thanks for clarifying

If this happens (price increase) am I still guaranteed the quoted rate I was told when I booked and placed down my deposit for my pkg??

I have a confirmation receipt that says I owe $x,xxx.00 by July 13th. Will that price increase? or do they honour the price by locking you in to the price quoted at the time of placing your $200.00 deposit??
Thanks for clarifying
You are not locked into any rate until you are paid in full. All ressies come with a disclaimer that prices are subject to change until it is paid in full.

MouseSavers just posted:

May-August Savings of up to 30% Off

Stay dates: 5/2/10-8/14/10. Get a 15%-30% discount off regular "Rack" rates. Percent off varies by resort type. Use code TD7. Some dates will be blocked out. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.

Save 15% at Disney Value Resorts
Save 20% at Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 25% at Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 30% at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Note that you CAN add tickets and Dining Plan to this offer, effectively making this a vacation package. If you do this, your booking will probably fall under the vacation package rules. You must book room and tickets to get the dining package.

Thanks for clarifying

In the past the only time the price has gone up on reservations already locked in with a deposit is when the tax rate increased. Disney can't control that. If you were paid in full it didn't go up but if you still had a balance outstanding then it increased by the 1% or .5% or whatever it was that increased.

When ticket prices have gone up it's been only for new reservations. If you already had a confirmed reservation with at least a deposit paid, then your price was locked in already. They cover their butts by saying that the pricing can change until it is paid in full but I don't recall ever seeing it go up except for the tax increase.

Thanks for clarifying

Yes. Tickets in a package bought before a price increase were 'bought' before a price increase.

Yes. Tickets in a package bought before a price increase were 'bought' before a price increase.
Unfortunately that's not true if the package isn't paid in full (which it seems was what chimo2u was asking about). Until a package is paid in full, prices, for the room and/or the tickets, are not locked in. Does that mean Disney WILL charge the difference? No, most people have not experienced that. But it has, even on a minimal level, happened. Here is the disclaimer from my current package reservation:

All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, package price is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities.

In the past the only time the price has gone up on reservations already locked in with a deposit is when the tax rate increased. Disney can't control that. If you were paid in full it didn't go up but if you still had a balance outstanding then it increased by the 1% or .5% or whatever it was that increased.

When ticket prices have gone up it's been only for new reservations. If you already had a confirmed reservation with at least a deposit paid, then your price was locked in already. They cover their butts by saying that the pricing can change until it is paid in full but I don't recall ever seeing it go up except for the tax increase.

Just wanted to say that nothing is considered locked in until it is paid in full. A deposit doesn't mean a price quoted is the guaranteed final price you will pay. On two separate occasions, I've had friends have their package price increase due to the ticket price increase. They expected the ticket price increase, so they weren't surprised when their packages went up (though really not by much). I knew about the disclaimer, just never really paid it any attention until they had it happen to them. The first time happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and it again happened about 2 years ago. Not to the same people. Now if you ARE paid in full, it is considered locked in (at least in terms of their own price increases...any issued by the government can be something different).

You are not locked into any rate until you are paid in full. All ressies come with a disclaimer that prices are subject to change until it is paid in full.

Good to know... I thought once something was booked, that was the price.

Ah well. For those who are to pay their balance in full by the end of July - are probably good if the ticket prices do not go up until August then.

Oh! I guess I better mail off my pmt. shortly then....I was just waiting to see if Free Dining came through or not. I have all the money sitting in my US account, ready to mail at any moment. I think I'll give it another week or so and then mail off my payment early.
I would hate for the cost to change significantly to what I was quoted!

March 10 (Bloomberg) -- Walt Disney Co., the world’s biggest theme-park operator, will begin selling tickets that will be valid at all of its U.S. parks.

The “premiere passport” will go on sale tomorrow and have no blackout dates, Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger said today at Disney’s annual shareholder meeting in San Antonio, Texas. He didn’t announce a price for the pass.

Shareholders asked the company to create the all-parks pass at last year’s meeting in Oakland, California. Disney is reducing discounts that reached as high as 45 percent at its theme parks, which last year posted their steepest decline in operating income since the 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S.

Disney, the world’s biggest media company, rose 2 cents to $33.33 at 4 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The shares have gained 3.4 percent this year.

Just wanted to say that nothing is considered locked in until it is paid in full. A deposit doesn't mean a price quoted is the guaranteed final price you will pay. On two separate occasions, I've had friends have their package price increase due to the ticket price increase. They expected the ticket price increase, so they weren't surprised when their packages went up (though really not by much). I knew about the disclaimer, just never really paid it any attention until they had it happen to them. The first time happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and it again happened about 2 years ago. Not to the same people. Now if you ARE paid in full, it is considered locked in (at least in terms of their own price increases...any issued by the government can be something different).

That's odd. We've had several trips where the ticket price increased is announced after we booked but before we paid in full and our price has never been increased except that one time where the resort tax rate went up by either .5% or 1%. I remember getting a call from my TA telling me that if we wanted to avoid the increase, we had to pay in full right away. We decided that since the increase was minimal, we would rather wait since we didn't have cash on hand to pay off the trip right then but we would by the payoff due date. The interest we would pay on the credit card by not paying it off that month would have been more than our savings. Never has the ticket price increase changed our package rate though.

I realize they put the disclaimer in, and that is what I meant by saying they cover their butts, but I've never seen them actually utilize that by increasing pricing after it is secured with a deposit. I wonder why they would change some and not others?

That's odd. We've had several trips where the ticket price increased is announced after we booked but before we paid in full and our price has never been increased except that one time where the resort tax rate went up by either .5% or 1%. I remember getting a call from my TA telling me that if we wanted to avoid the increase, we had to pay in full right away. We decided that since the increase was minimal, we would rather wait since we didn't have cash on hand to pay off the trip right then but we would by the payoff due date. The interest we would pay on the credit card by not paying it off that month would have been more than our savings. Never has the ticket price increase changed our package rate though.

I realize they put the disclaimer in, and that is what I meant by saying they cover their butts, but I've never seen them actually utilize that by increasing pricing after it is secured with a deposit. I wonder why they would change some and not others?
A random selection perhaps? I really have no idea as the vast majority of people I know have never experienced it, and neither have I. :confused3

Oh! I guess I better mail off my pmt. shortly then....I was just waiting to see if Free Dining came through or not. I have all the money sitting in my US account, ready to mail at any moment. I think I'll give it another week or so and then mail off my payment early.
I would hate for the cost to change significantly to what I was quoted!

Usually the only price increases are the tickets and that typically happens in August and/or January. Most people have never experienced a change in the package price...just letting you know about their disclaimer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter