Fall Promotion to be released...

Usually the only price increases are the tickets and that typically happens in August and/or January. Most people have never experienced a change in the package price...just letting you know about their disclaimer. :)

:thumbsup2 Thank you! That is definitely a great thing to know! Shows you it is important to read the small print! :)

After reading the various responses, I think I should be pretty safe, ...

and if an increase does happen with the ticket prices, it appears it shouldn't make an overly significant difference to my balance! I will continue to wait with all the others with baited breath for the hopeful FD discount. Hope to hear some kind of discount in the near future that I can take advantage of :)

I had a price increase on lodging once. It was a very different situation though. We booked a campsite way in advance. The rates were not out yet. We were warned that the price could fluxuate up or down. It went up. I don't consider this time a usual circumstance though.

I had a price increase on lodging once. It was a very different situation though. We booked a campsite way in advance. The rates were not out yet. We were warned that the price could fluxuate up or down. It went up. I don't consider this time a usual circumstance though.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Sorry..... I was just reacting to the thought of Disney prices fluctuating "DOWN".......

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Can't help myself.........

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Sorry..... I was just reacting to the thought of Disney prices fluctuating "DOWN".......

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Can't help myself.........

This happened to me last year. I booked a standard garden wing room at the Contemp and had to put the deposit down on one nights stay. I was warned the price quoated were 2008 prices. I got a letter 2 months later saying that the prices had been set and I acutally saved about $20 a night I think it was. Not a whole lot but it did go down.

There will likely be a Feb 2011 discount code, but not for awhile yet. They haven't even gotten to mid August 2010 yet. ;)

Oh, I know.. and I could only imagine the anticipation you all are having waiting for the "discounts and offers" for this fall as I'm anxious with February of next year...

Search is disabled right now so this question may have been asked.....if I buy an annual pass am I still eligible for free dining or do I still have to purchase a one day ticket for it to be considered a MYW package?

TIA

Search is disabled right now so this question may have been asked.....if I buy an annual pass am I still eligible for free dining or do I still have to purchase a one day ticket for it to be considered a MYW package?

TIA

You still need to buy a package...I would save the 1day pass(remember not to use it) and use it when you renew your AP.

You need to purchase a Magic Your Way package with tickets to be eligible for Free Dining (if indeed it's offered). If you're buying the APs with the intention of using them for the first time during your Free Dining (if indeed it's offered) vacation this coming August - wait to purchase them. Book your package with the one-day base passes. Use those passes to upgrade to the Annual Passes.

It can be done at Guest Services at any park; since you're going in August, it will be most cost-effective to use the tickets to enter a park, then go to Guest Services some time that day for the upgrade. They'll 'bridge' the original value of the tickets to the current value*, then apply that higher amount to the cost of the AP.

*Ticket prices have increased once a year for the last four years, the first Sunday in August. Past history is no guarantee of future performance, but still...

And last year it was a 1 day pass. There has been some speculation that this year they may require a pass for the number of nights you are booking, like they have for other packages.

You need to purchase a Magic Your Way package with tickets to be eligible for Free Dining (if indeed it's offered). If you're buying the APs with the intention of using them for the first time during your Free Dining (if indeed it's offered) vacation this coming August - wait to purchase them. Book your package with the one-day base passes. Use those passes to upgrade to the Annual Passes.

It can be done at Guest Services at any park; since you're going in August, it will be most cost-effective to use the tickets to enter a park, then go to Guest Services some time that day for the upgrade. They'll 'bridge' the original value of the tickets to the current value*, then apply that higher amount to the cost of the AP.

*Ticket prices have increased once a year for the last four years, the first Sunday in August. Past history is no guarantee of future performance, but still...

That is interesting. So assuming nothing has changed this year. Big assumption, I know!! We could book a 1 day pass/or even a legth of stay pass and then upgrade it to an Annual Pass and still keep Free Dining?

That is interesting. So assuming nothing has changed this year. Big assumption, I know!! We could book a 1 day pass/or even a legth of stay pass and then upgrade it to an Annual Pass and still keep Free Dining?

I thought they fixed the "one day ticket purchase" last year and you had to buy tickets for your length of stay to get the free dining. Am I remembering correctly?

That said, I just booked a Free Quick Serv dining on a PIN and only had a one day ticket requirement. Good luck. I agree that if you want your AP then book a package and buy the tickets (even if you have a ticket requirement) and then upgrade then, at least you will get the free dining.

We did this exact same thing last year with the Free gift card promotion. Bought the tickets and then used our Gift card we got at checkin to upgrade the tickets to AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter