• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall free dining offer!

I called a little after noon today and waited on hold for 45 minutes. Then I booked :cool1: 8 nights with free dining at Pop Century (I upgraded to the regular plan)... very excited!!! I'm going to surprise DD with the trip somehow.. not sure how yet. :thumbsup2

I have reservations for the All Star Music Resort, Standard Room, Oct 31-Nov 12. Does anyone know if this resort and room combination are included in the free dining offer? Thank you.

Nov9-16 at French quarter was already sold out of dining plan pkgs an hr ago when I called. Upgraded to AKL!!!! :cool1:

Nov9-16 at French quarter was already sold out of dining plan pkgs an hr ago when I called. Upgraded to AKL!!!! :cool1:

French Quarter was already sold out Monday for Oct. 19-27 when I called to book FD with my Disney Visa. Only the royal princess rooms were available at Riverside. So we went with Coronado Springs which I love anyway!

French Quarter was already sold out Monday for Oct. 19-27 when I called to book FD with my Disney Visa. Only the royal princess rooms were available at Riverside. So we went with Coronado Springs which I love anyway!

French Quarter is also sold out 11/28-12/4. Trying to figure out what my back up plan is right now :(

Already booked Wilderness Lodge Oct. 13-21. FREE dining period begins Oct. 19, ARE WE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE DINING or out of luck??!!:confused3
Thanks!!

Already booked Wilderness Lodge Oct. 13-21. FREE dining period begins Oct. 19, ARE WE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE DINING or out of luck??!!:confused3
Thanks!!

Unfortunately not. :( You have to check in on one of the dates that the promotion falls on. You could do a split-stay (13-19 & 19-21) and get the FD for the 19-21, but you would have to re-check in, might have to change rooms etc.

I have reservations for the All Star Music Resort, Standard Room, Oct 31-Nov 12. Does anyone know if this resort and room combination are included in the free dining offer? Thank you.

Free dining available select nights 9/30-10/4, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 11/23-11/29 and 12/10-12/13/12.

I would get on the phone right away and change your reservation to FD. FD will cover your entire stay, as long as you check-in during one of the FD periods. I changed mine this morning, at All Star Movies.

I also upgraded the QSDP to DDP for $16.55/day.

I modified our remaining two packages today and between our 3 reservations we had we ended up saving $1,517 for the equal packages we had already booked! :cool1:

FYI....it did take over 30 minutes of being on hold and then completing the process.

French Quarter is also sold out 11/28-12/4. Trying to figure out what my back up plan is right now :(

Our first choice was Riverside and then Coronado Springs so I'm glad we got one of our two pics. We only stayded at French Quarter once a long time ago and I personally didn't care for it much. Carribean Beach is okay but the thing that BUGS me about that resort is the bus stops. WAY TOO MANY. I think there are nine??? It feels like you have to around the whole resort before you're on your way to the parks. Too time consuming!

On a side note.....while being on hold for so long I got to hear a lot of "stuff" while waiting. One of the things I heard was the "in 2009 what will YOU be celebrating?" Really? After 3 - 4 years you can't change that already? :confused3

On a side note.....while being on hold for so long I got to hear a lot of "stuff" while waiting. One of the things I heard was the "in 2009 what will YOU be celebrating?" Really? After 3 - 4 years you can't change that already? :confused3

While on hold, they were advertising the dining plan. It said QS has 2 snacks. Somebody is gonna be surprised later.

Do they usually offer free dining for this time of year? We are thinking (waaay ahead) of a 2015 trip

I was inspired by this thread to drop DV an e-mail expressing my frustration that I have been a cardholder for many many years, but have as of yet, never received any e-mails for offers such as the ones being discussed on this thread.

Their response this morning was...

Date: 07-12-2012 13:55:14
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry
Dear XXxxxXXX,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your Disney account.

Based on our review I am unable to locate an offer for a
Free Dining offer at Walt Disney World.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

So before I respond with a link to the offer that is right on their website right now, can you clarify for me...

1. Did any of you receive an actual e-mail concerning this latest offering or only e-mails back in May when the other offer was there?

2. Did your e-mail come from Disney or from Disney Visa?

Thanks for all your help :thumbsup2

I was inspired by this thread to drop DV an e-mail expressing my frustration that I have been a cardholder for many many years, but have as of yet, never received any e-mails for offers such as the ones being discussed on this thread.

Their response this morning was...

Date: 07-12-2012 13:55:14
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry
Dear XXxxxXXX,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your Disney account.

Based on our review I am unable to locate an offer for a
Free Dining offer at Walt Disney World.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

So before I respond with a link to the offer that is right on their website right now, can you clarify for me...

1. Did any of you receive an actual e-mail concerning this latest offering or only e-mails back in May when the other offer was there?

2. Did your e-mail come from Disney or from Disney Visa?

Thanks for all your help :thumbsup2

Mine came from Disney Rewards on the 9th.

Anyone have any luck getting FD to pop up on-line? I'll call if I have to....just not sure it's worth the time.

We are 4 Disney adults (3 "real" adults and my 10 year old) and 2 kids. We're actually staying at AKV from Dec 6th - Dec 15th. We hadn't planned on using the dining plan at all, and just going OOP (because, with my 10 year old, the cost of the DP just isn't worth it).

Wondering if it's worthwhile to book a room (or 2) from the 10th - 15th...just to get FD. We'd "upgrade" to 9 day tickets, through Disney, and pick them up early.

For us, tickets (through Undercover Tourist) + DDP cost for 5 nights would be about $3120. Anything under that would mean we were saving money by booking a room we won't use, and just taking the dining.

Anyone have any luck getting FD to pop up on-line? I'll call if I have to....just not sure it's worth the time.

We are 4 Disney adults (3 "real" adults and my 10 year old) and 2 kids. We're actually staying at AKV from Dec 6th - Dec 15th. We hadn't planned on using the dining plan at all, and just going OOP (because, with my 10 year old, the cost of the DP just isn't worth it).

Wondering if it's worthwhile to book a room (or 2) from the 10th - 15th...just to get FD. We'd "upgrade" to 9 day tickets, through Disney, and pick them up early.

For us, tickets (through Undercover Tourist) + DDP cost for 5 nights would be about $3120. Anything under that would mean we were saving money by booking a room we won't use, and just taking the dining.

In order to get the FD, your check in date must be before any black out dates. From what I've read from other DISers, it can be done, but as a split stay. Others who know more about split stays can help you with the specifics.

Mine came from Disney Rewards on the 9th.

DH and I are Disney Visa card holders and I was very surprised that we did not receive any notification about FD. The only way I knew about it was, of course, from the DISboards. Could be b/c we don't have any room left on our card. But that's ok. We got the GP FD offer yesterday and it's already been applied to our package :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter