"Extra" money this week

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I don't usually keep track, but a bunch of things came in this week.

$25 Lowe's GC - rebate from our dryer purchase
$10 off $25 purchase coupon at Lowe's came in the mail
$55 check for a survey
$5 check for a survey
$30 Visa card for a Cingular rebate
$100 security deposit returned from our summer vacation rental

Total: $225 in money/merchandise/discounts

Yes, these were mostly things I knew were coming but I tend to just put that stuff out of my mind and never include it in our budgeting or spending plans until it is actually in hand so it is always a bit of a surprise.

Awesome...

This week DH fixed his uncle's computer, and he gave him $100!

DH refused of course but he insisted...that $$ went straight towards our Disney fund.

Also, because he is a hotel manager, DH sometimes gets freebies...this week we ate at Chili's with a free $50 giftcard. He's gotten movie passes, resturant gift cards, and we get to do most of the shows/entertainment in town for free. (This is all in exchange for him putting their menus or show pamplets in the hotel & promoting them). We live in a resort town.

Gotta love extra money & freebies! :sunny:

We have been redoing our garage....we put in new cabinets (all the same, that dh bought and then assembled), took down the tool bench, and just went through stuff to dump and give away. Our garage has been a dumping ground for the 14 years we've been in the house, with just a few exceptions.

We threw away a dumpster worth of junk (the old cabinets, stuff in the side yard and so on) and gave away 2 truckloads of "stuff" for a friends garage sale (it's a benefit for a parents with special needs children support group).

I've also sold 4 Disney costumes (made $60) I have a man coming over today to purchase ds's old golf clubs (that should be $50). I still have 4 more costumes, a Little Tikes wagon and a huge Little Tikes play structure to sell. I'm not a EBAY person, I use Craigslist.

This money is all going into the vacation fund.

julia

disneysteve said:
I don't usually keep track, but a bunch of things came in this week.

$25 Lowe's GC - rebate from our dryer purchase
$10 off $25 purchase coupon at Lowe's came in the mail
$55 check for a survey
$5 check for a survey
$30 Visa card for a Cingular rebate
$100 security deposit returned from our summer vacation rental

Steve, just curious...how did you get hooked up with that $55 survey?

minnie1928 said:
Steve, just curious...how did you get hooked up with that $55 survey?
I'm a physician. I get asked to do online medical surveys all the time. They generally pay $50-$100 depending on the length. To be honest, I don't even do most of the ones I'm invited to do because I don't always have the time.

They are only open to doctors, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter