EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Beach Club new lounge http://flic.kr/p/py5rSd

I am having trouble posting pics. But if you click in that link you can flip though photos. I didn't take any of the seating areas but there were about 15 tables, 3 TVs and a little sitting area with chairs.

Thank you for posting these! It is a lot more modern than I thought it would be! I can't wait to see it in person!

I booked a club level stay at BWI back in May. I made my own ADRs. I did contact IPO a few times for help with random reservations. I need a BBB location changed, I need a dinner reservation for one night in DHS, and I also needed a Le Cellier for lunch one day ( I booked Le Cellier on my iphone and didn't book for enough people, ugh). They were supposed to be checking daily for each of these things. I get a call from IPO about a month after the requests were made, telling me that they needed my credit card info so they could make a reservation, should they become available. What??!! I get that they can't magically make reservations appear, but I wasn't looking for those reservations, because I thought they were, but I gave them my CC info and blew it off.
Every time I have called, the CMs in the IPO have been less than friendly, they haven't been helpful or offered alternative suggestions or anything.
Then today I called because my daughter suddenly requested a princess breakfast....at 36 days out!!! So I called IPO to request they keep an eye open for me. The lady that answered the phone told me to keep looking everyday! Having someone to make ADRs for me is one of the perks I paid for. I am a full time RN, have 3 kids, my DD is undergoing lots of medical testing that consumes a lot of time, and I am back in college pursuing an advanced degree. I just don't have the time to stalk the ADR availability.
Also, a few weeks ago, I found the Le Cellier ADR that I was looking for.....the one that IPO was supposed to watch for and book.
I am really regretting booking this expensive club level room. I, just today, booked a Room Only room at AoA because we are going to arrive a day early. I wish we could change our whole reservation over to AoA now.
Someone tell me some good things to make me fee less ambivalence about my trip.
I felt so bad for you reading this. Please remember that the IPO that you talk to now and the Cm that you will be talking to and dealing with at the hotel are not the same. My husband and I just returned a week ago from our third stay at the BWI CL and probably will never stay any place else at Disney. The cm at the BWI are top notch and will do everything they can to make your stay as magical as possible. Please remember to spend one evening walking out on the boardwalk watching all the different performers, they are really talented. We ended each evening with a glass of wine sitting out on our balcony relaxing and planning the next day. Breakfast in the lounge every morning is so much more relaxing then trying to make a morning ADR before the parks open. A little tip for the quiet pool is to use the stairs at the end of the club level hallway. They bring you out right beside the quiet pool that also has a hot tub, and of course the main pool and slide is really great as well. Don't worry you will have a great time! If you have any questions ask away.

I booked a club level stay at BWI back in May. I made my own ADRs. I did contact IPO a few times for help with random reservations. I need a BBB location changed, I need a dinner reservation for one night in DHS, and I also needed a Le Cellier for lunch one day ( I booked Le Cellier on my iphone and didn't book for enough people, ugh). They were supposed to be checking daily for each of these things. I get a call from IPO about a month after the requests were made, telling me that they needed my credit card info so they could make a reservation, should they become available. What??!! I get that they can't magically make reservations appear, but I wasn't looking for those reservations, because I thought they were, but I gave them my CC info and blew it off.
Every time I have called, the CMs in the IPO have been less than friendly, they haven't been helpful or offered alternative suggestions or anything.
Then today I called because my daughter suddenly requested a princess breakfast....at 36 days out!!! So I called IPO to request they keep an eye open for me. The lady that answered the phone told me to keep looking everyday! Having someone to make ADRs for me is one of the perks I paid for. I am a full time RN, have 3 kids, my DD is undergoing lots of medical testing that consumes a lot of time, and I am back in college pursuing an advanced degree. I just don't have the time to stalk the ADR availability.
Also, a few weeks ago, I found the Le Cellier ADR that I was looking for.....the one that IPO was supposed to watch for and book.
I am really regretting booking this expensive club level room. I, just today, booked a Room Only room at AoA because we are going to arrive a day early. I wish we could change our whole reservation over to AoA now.
Someone tell me some good things to make me fee less ambivalence about my trip.

I'm so sorry. :( Club level isn't right for everyone, if you feel this bad about it now then maybe you should investigate a change?? Speaking from experience, after my brief stay at AOA two weeks ago I definitely won't be staying there again. Way too many screaming toddlers, jammed packed double buses, and a noisy crowded food court. That is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. I jokingly nicknamed the resort the Art of Toddler Meltdowns! :lmao: In two days of going back and forth to the parks I never got a seat once. And coming back from MK the cue line filled 6 double buses before I got on. No thanks. :sad2:
The main reason we stay club level is so we have the lounge to use as an extension of our room for taking breaks and having snacks. Also we love the cast members and all the personal attention they provide. I don't use them often for ADRs, I do those myself, but they have been great over the years with providing extra help with things like birthdays or setting up special activities or events. I love the deluxe resorts, I want to be pampered and I want to feel like I'm on vacation. Maybe if my kids were still toddlers I wouldn't mind AOA, but I'm soooo far past that point in my life I can't tolerate the stress of it.

IPO was really helpful for me. They got everything on my list except one thing - Dine with an Imagineer- which didn't open for booking at 180 days. It was about 5 or 6 days later before it was bookable and I did stalk it myself just because there are so few openings per day. I consider the IPO a major assistance.

WL IPO successfully changed all our ADRs from a party of 4 to a party of 5. It saved me TONS of time on the computer doing it myself. I consider that a major asset to club level. :) 71 days!!!! :cool1:

Hi all! We are looking to stay CL at BC for the first time and was wondering about room locations. I have two small kiddos and is it better to be closer to the lounge? If so is there a room number suggestion or is it better to have a room in another location ie closer to getting to EPCOT? Also do they have adjoining rooms at BC?

Just got a great cast rate of 60% off all 3 rooms I have booked for BWI CL in January!!!! I am beyond happy about this. Got a discount on dinning too.:cool1:pixiedust:

That is an awesome Discount!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are now officially booked for Poly CL in Jan! We saved $1247, which helps me justify the cost of CL ::yes:: Can't wait to watch Wishes from the lounge while having dessert and an adult drink!

Nice!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm so sorry. :( Club level isn't right for everyone, if you feel this bad about it now then maybe you should investigate a change?? Speaking from experience, after my brief stay at AOA two weeks ago I definitely won't be staying there again. Way too many screaming toddlers, jammed packed double buses, and a noisy crowded food court. That is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. I jokingly nicknamed the resort the Art of Toddler Meltdowns! :lmao: In two days of going back and forth to the parks I never got a seat once. And coming back from MK the cue line filled 6 double buses before I got on. No thanks. :sad2:
The main reason we stay club level is so we have the lounge to use as an extension of our room for taking breaks and having snacks. Also we love the cast members and all the personal attention they provide. I don't use them often for ADRs, I do those myself, but they have been great over the years with providing extra help with things like birthdays or setting up special activities or events. I love the deluxe resorts, I want to be pampered and I want to feel like I'm on vacation. Maybe if my kids were still toddlers I wouldn't mind AOA, but I'm soooo far past that point in my life I can't tolerate the stress of it.

"Art of the Toddler Meltdown" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That had me rolling!!!
I felt that way when I took my oldest and we stayed at POP in August. I definitely like to pay more and be waited on.:thumbsup2

WL IPO successfully changed all our ADRs from a party of 4 to a party of 5. It saved me TONS of time on the computer doing it myself. I consider that a major asset to club level. :) 71 days!!!! :cool1:

Nice!!!:cool1::woohoo:

Hi all! We are looking to stay CL at BC for the first time and was wondering about room locations. I have two small kiddos and is it better to be closer to the lounge? If so is there a room number suggestion or is it better to have a room in another location ie closer to getting to EPCOT? Also do they have adjoining rooms at BC?

I would definitely recommend requesting "close to lounge" because that will keep you close to the snacks, the CMs, and the elevators. If you want to see room numbers here is a map:

bcfloorplan_zps5c0311d1.png

We had 5666 last year and thought it was a good location. Close to the lounge but not too close. If you get the rooms right by the lounge entrance you will hear noise. We were all the way down at the very end of the hallway this year, I didn't like that location.

I felt so bad for you reading this. Please remember that the IPO that you talk to now and the Cm that you will be talking to and dealing with at the hotel are not the same. My husband and I just returned a week ago from our third stay at the BWI CL and probably will never stay any place else at Disney. The cm at the BWI are top notch and will do everything they can to make your stay as magical as possible. Please remember to spend one evening walking out on the boardwalk watching all the different performers, they are really talented. We ended each evening with a glass of wine sitting out on our balcony relaxing and planning the next day. Breakfast in the lounge every morning is so much more relaxing then trying to make a morning ADR before the parks open. A little tip for the quiet pool is to use the stairs at the end of the club level hallway. They bring you out right beside the quiet pool that also has a hot tub, and of course the main pool and slide is really great as well. Don't worry you will have a great time! If you have any questions ask away.

Thanks for the great tips. This makes me feel better :).

I have stayed CL a few times before and have loved it. I'd stay every time if budget allowed. This is the first CL stay where I haven't felt the magic, but I'm hoping that will change once I check in. I think your nickname for AoA is hilarious! I hope it is better while we are there (but I won't hold my breath!). I'd rather have POR since we will just be using the pool/hot tub and going to DTD, but it is full at this time. Hopefully someone will cancel! Thanks for the heads up on AoA.

I would definitely recommend requesting "close to lounge" because that will keep you close to the snacks, the CMs, and the elevators. If you want to see room numbers here is a map: We had 5666 last year and thought it was a good location. Close to the lounge but not too close. If you get the rooms right by the lounge entrance you will hear noise. We were all the way down at the very end of the hallway this year, I didn't like that location.

Where is the lounge in terms of this map which is very useful! Thank you!

Where is the lounge in terms of this map which is very useful! Thank you!

They took out it was either two or three rooms (I wasn't paying too close attention when the cm was telling us) for the expansion of the lounge so 5648 and 5650 are gone. That is now the lounge. Not sure about 5652. We were 5664 and it was pretty close but I didn't count how many rooms it was away from the lounge. And the desk are right outside the lounge.

:thumbsup2:cool1:

Beach Club new lounge http://flic.kr/p/py5rSd

I am having trouble posting pics. But if you click in that link you can flip though photos. I didn't take any of the seating areas but there were about 15 tables, 3 TVs and a little sitting area with chairs.

It looks very nice but does not have a Beach Club feel, IMHO.
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Thank you for posting these! It is a lot more modern than I thought it would be! I can't wait to see it in person!

That's what I thought!

They took out it was either two or three rooms (I wasn't paying too close attention when the cm was telling us) for the expansion of the lounge so 5648 and 5650 are gone. That is now the lounge. Not sure about 5652. We were 5664 and it was pretty close but I didn't count how many rooms it was away from the lounge. And the desk are right outside the lounge.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. This is obviously an old map, it doesn't show the new lounge or the correct view categories.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:thumbsup2:cool1: It looks very nice but does not have a Beach Club feel, IMHO. Thanks for sharing the pics! That's what I thought!

I agree, not beachy at all. It looks more like the breakfast area of a Hilton garden inn as far as the colors and surfaces. But it was so needed for the BC crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter