Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

When do they start running the special Holiday Meals? I am guessing that it is the week of Thanksgiving. What other TS restaurants have Holiday Meals? Are they included on the dining plan?

to help everyone get in the mood ROBO posted on another thread today this website. http://www.d-cot.com Has alot of music and even a really good Christmas section.

You do have to register. but is free.

:goodvibes

We have always gone during February but my husband and I are going for our second (really first) honeymoon December 28-January 1st. We will get there the 28th around noon and were hoping to go to the MK but from what I have read it fills fast....do we risk not seeing the MK that day???? What about leaving for dinner at one of the resorts and trying to get back in later....starting to stress out!!!

I called again yesterday about Candlelight Processional Dinner Pkgs...They are still 90 days like all dining adrs.The narrator list should be out in the next 2-3 weeks.

Disney Christmas is awesome! We went the 12 through the 21st last year and it was great! The CP is so nice, if you do the package you still need to get in line early, there are a lot of people trying to get great seats! I wanted to go again so I staked out a spot outside the theater just about the area where the choir enters, it was a good spot to stand. I started hearing more voices singing and was thrilled to find that many of the choir members from the earlier performances were standing with me enjoying the performance. They sang so it was like being surrounded by Angels voices.

Illuminations is beautiful as well, the Holiday portion is :worship:

Take time to visit the resorts to see their decorations, there are hidden Mickeys on most major decorations so enjoy the hunt! If you visit the restaurants, many have their own Holiday decorations made by the kitchen CM's. They are fun!

There is Christmas music everywhere so if you are like me and enjoy carols all season long you will be happy. There were Carolers in several resort lobbies so that was an unexpected treat :thumbsup2

ON the Saturday before Christmas the parade in the MK was th Christmas parade, the fireworks display was the one from MVVMCP and it snowed on Main Street. It was wicked crowded but it really was fun! We had been to teh party but it was fun to have th eopportunity to see them again.

There is a Christmas "play" in the Galaxy theater that was advertised to be shown during the Christmas party. I heard that the play was shown throughout December. I don't know if this was true but the show was really cute. We all enjoyed it but my DGD, who was 7 at the time, was really enchanted!

If you are there just before Christmas or there during the Holiday, make sure that you have a plan in place. The resort got very crowded on Friday and by Saturday it was :dance3:We had all of our dinner plans in place, had been there in time to enjoy the activities that were important to us so we were "easy breezy" but Holy Smokes! There were some folks trying to use the boats who were clearly frazzled! Don't hesitate to call a cab to return to your resort if you are in a hurry and really try to give youeself enough travel time if using the busses. Make your reservations early if there are restaurants that you want and allow enough time to stand in line for performances that you need to see. I don't think that the end of December is the best time to be a fly by the seat of your pants kind of vacationer unless you can let some activities go.

ooohhhhh...good question. We have the quick service dining plan...will any CS places have a special dinner, or no? Not that I'm picky...just looking for your traditional run of the mill turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, pie, and a few mixed salads;)

LTT has an all you can eat Dinner served family style w/ Turkey, Ham and roast beef w/ all of the trimmings. Not the same without the characters but we still love the food!

:wizard: :santa:

I have a question: If the MVMCP only lasts through December 18th, does this mean there are no Christmas festivities after that date?

I have another question, After the 18th, will the characters be in their holiday attire?

I guess I really want to know what Christmas things will they be including after the 18th, since that's the last party date.

i was wondering about dining too. we like a traditional turkey potatoes and stuffing but are willing to try something new....i just don't want to have to make it!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know that they usually tape the Christmas parade the first weekend in Dec which is when we are going. Does anyone know who will be doing the "stage acts" and when they tape those? Thanks!! :rockband:

Thanks for the welcome! We have visited Walt Disney World one, or two, or a few times lol, it is just our first time to Disney World for the holidays. We already know all about the MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, etc but thank you for pointing us to that page! The books you recommended are very good books. We buy a new edition about every two years. It is fun to go back and reminisce about the old attractions, shows, events, and restaurants. I sure do sometimes wish the Disney Brass wouldn't have gotten rid of some of them.

Anyways, We were hoping to hear about some of the tips and secrets we should check out or keep an eye out for at Downtown Disney, the various Resorts, attractions, shows, etc that pertain to the Holidays. ie like the giant Christmas Tree at the Contemporary, any rides that had an added Christmas theme, where you could get free cocoa, where kids can make free ornaments, where you can get free cookies, special Christmas stage shows, unique decorations, holiday magical moments, etc.

Don't miss the Candlelight Processional at Epcot! It's wonderful!

First please excuse me I am a newbie. We will be going to DW for the first time ever in December. I saw some post about having to wear winter coats....

Is that because it is going to be below 40 degrees? We will be driving from Northern Indiana so we will have our winter coats but will be actaully need to take them to the park? For us anything over 50 is going to feel warm enough for a light jacket. :rotfl:

TIA
Bearshouse

First please excuse me I am a newbie. We will be going to DW for the first time ever in December. I saw some post about having to wear winter coats....

Is that because it is going to be below 40 degrees? We will be driving from Northern Indiana so we will have our winter coats but will be actaully need to take them to the park? For us anything over 50 is going to feel warm enough for a light jacket. :rotfl:

TIA
Bearshouse

I have actually been wondering the same thing. We are from New Brunswick Canada so if it it 40-50 degrees we only would wear a light coat. 50 - 60 we just wouldn't wear shorts maybe pants and a light top. Anything above 60 is short and tank top weather for us.

:welcome: to the Disboards!! We love Dec/Jan..it's been warm or cold for all our winter trips!! The best bet is to wait until about 2 weeks out and then check on Accuweather.com They have had the most accurate forecasts we have found!! Days when it is cloudy are a little chillier.. and nights always require at least a light jacket/wind breaker. It really cools off when the sun goes down, and the wind always blows. We have worn shorts at the first of the trip and had to buy gloves and tobaggans for the end of the same one!!! It can change quickly. But, ya'll are used to such severe weather, it probably won't matter to you. It will probably feel perfect for you!!! Just know it's dicey and watch that weather before you leave and get a general idea !!!

I am wondering the same thing too because my family will be there the second week in December and we want to try and watch the CP and Illumniations on the same night too.

Yes. Last year we went on the 18th, We stood in line for about an hour before the 2nd CP of the night-and could listen to the first one while waiting. We got really good seats for it, too. When it finished we walked just a little ways and lined up at the lake near there to see Illuminations. Made a truly wonderful birthday for me. In all the years of going to WDW we had never made this part of Christmas in Florida, but we will from now on.

TIA
Bearshouse

You may not need them.BUT there have been trips where I was in shorts and swimming early in the day and at night in Jeans and a jacket.I have also been there where it was in the 80's for a day or 2 then dropped into the 40's..December weather is all over the place and unpredictable.Mostly you are safe with layering clothing

I know that they usually tape the Christmas parade the first weekend in Dec which is when we are going. Does anyone know who will be doing the "stage acts" and when they tape those? Thanks!! :rockband:

Rumor has it ( at least a few weeks ago) was that the Jonas Brothers are one of the performers

Clothing- We are orginally from Ohio so we left freezing temps and snow last year to come to WDW in December. There were some nights that were chilly, we were in sweat shirts and were pefectly comfortable while others were wearing hats, parkas, and gloves. I guess it is all what you are used to. And then there were some days they broke record highs I believe in the 80's while we were there.

Resorts-The resorts are all beautiful at Christmas time. One thing I haven't seen mentioned was the Christmas tree at GF lobby. It's this huge beautiful tree beside the gingerbread house and there is a Photopass photographer there to take your pictures. It was beautiful and not at all croweded. We got pictures of my DS by himself, the family and then pictures of DH and myself. It was a very nice surprise as we only went to see the gingerbread house. There was also a choir singing along to holiday music played by someone on the piano.

We attempted to see Santa at DTD but there is a charge and the line was over an hour long so we skipped that. We didn't make it to see the Epcot Santa so I can't comment on that.

I cannot say enough about MVMCP, it was such an amazing experience and should not be missed!!! Definately worth the money! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter