• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

AHHHHHHH - this is THE BEST time to be at WDW. DH and I have not missed it for years.

Everyone has such good ideas.

Our one MUST DO as often as possible is to enjoy Illuminations with the hoilday post script each night. After the show we stroll slowly around World Showcase...enjoying the music and watching the dancing lights.

We stay at EPCOT resorts and we are strolling into the room about 11:30.

It's a wonderful, romantic way to end every day.

With a little research here, I even found some of the World Showcase Christmas music on CD. You have to buy it used.....but we now get into the holiday mood listening to it.

Last year, in my scooter because of an ankle injury, I would scoot to the music. It was easy. World Showcase empties quickly.
DH said it looked like I was ice skating.

Don't forget your Santa Mickey Hats!

Have fun - it's the BEST TIME to be a big kid at WDW!!!

I went to MNSSHP and loved the party and the fireworks but one of our friends said that the fireworks cannot be beat MVMCP. What does everyone think?

Is it worth the extra trip to come down. Last Christmas I saw a show hosted by Raven showing all the gingerbread houses around the deluxe resorts. I have to admit that the Grand Floridian's gingerbread house is the tops! :thumbsup2

Is the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian? I read it was somewhere but then another place said epcot....

where can I meet Santa?

Will the Christmas parade continue after the Mickeys party ends???

The Grand Floridian has a huge gingerbread house in its gigantic lobby. In Epcot the American Pavilion has an outside/inside gingerbread house at the restuarant. At both houses you can purchase XMAS cookies and rice krispie treats.

Santa will be in Epcot at the American Pavilion along with Mrs Claus. Watch the schedules for when Santa is at Downtown Disney. Also you will find Papa Noel, Father Christmas and other holiday figures telling stories at their countrys' pavilions. Check the parks' daily scheules for times.

If you are staying onsite and you are there Christmas Eve, your resort should have a meet & greet with Santa. Pretty certain he is at all the Disney resorts that one evening. If I am in error, someone here will correct that info.

I went to MNSSHP and loved the party and the fireworks but one of our friends said that the fireworks cannot be beat MVMCP. What does everyone think?

This year will be my first visit for MVMCP - but MNSSHP and the Hallowishes is amazing.

1805752354_7b7c2e72de.jpg

(This is a photo my DH took when we were at the MNSSHP two years ago...I think it pretty much captures what we thought of the fireworks :) )

Get to HS early enough so you can see Osborne when they first flip the switch on. It's usually pretty crowded, but it's worth it for the WOW! factor when all those lights go on at once. :santa:

When checking out the resorts decorations, don't forget to add AKL and WL to the list. The trees in their lobbies are phenomenal. :santa:

I have not seen a fireworks show better than Wishes at MVMCP, but I have never been to MNSSHP. It was AWESOME! Can't wait to go back. We will be there Nov. 30-Dec. 9. There is nothing like WDW at Christmas!

All of the tips are great, keep them coming! I didn't get to here all of the Christmas stories around the WS or the Candy Maker(I'm not sure which country she is in, but I heard that it was really cool.). I will have to try harder this year!

I was there last Thanksgiving, and we only had a few days, so we doubled up. I booked the early CP package and we had a late lunch instead of dinner. After the CP show (awesome!), we walked to DHS to see the Osbourne Lights. A nice quiet path alongside the Boardwalk Resort and it took about 20 minutes from Epcot to DHS.

Also, we went to the Gaylord Palms Hotel, just off of Disney property, and saw the ICE show. It's lots of ice sculptures, ice slides, ice gingerbread houses, etc. They give you a parka to wear and it was very different from anything we ever saw. We all enjoyed it.

And don't miss the lighting of the castle with the icicle lights. It made me cry--happy tears!

Have a great time!!

We will be there for our first Christmas trip this year as well....I can't wait!

A quick question...someone mentioned a sleigh ride in an earlier post and later a carriage ride in Port Orleans. Are these the same thing? If not does anyone have any other info about a sleigh ride? And regarding the carriage ride...can you just go over or do you need a reservation for this?

Thanks so much! I can't wait!!!! :cool1:

:santa:

Wow! so many great tips and secrets. I heard there is a candy maker in Japan that creates various colorful candy animals by hand. Also there is supposed to be another carriage ride you can go on from Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge and vice versa I guess.

When does the switch get turned on for the Osborn Festival of Lights?

[/QUOTE]Also, we went to the Gaylord Palms Hotel, just off of Disney property, and saw the ICE show. It's lots of ice sculptures, ice slides, ice gingerbread houses, etc. They give you a parka to wear and it was very different from anything we ever saw. We all enjoyed it.

And don't miss the lighting of the castle with the icicle lights. It made me cry--happy tears!

[/QUOTE]

The news announced the other day that at our Gaylord Opryland Hotel here in Nashville, the ICE show this year is going to be Charlie Brown's Christmas. It's been the same at both hotels, so they will probably have Charlie Brown at Gaylord Palms also. I can't wait to see it. The Grinch and Charlie Brown are my two favorite Christmas shows.

Also, the candy lady is in Japan in Epcot. She is amazing.

Also, the candy lady is in Japan in Epcot. She is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:thumbsup2 I was wondering which country she was in. I will not miss her this time!

I can't say enough about how wonderful WDW is at Christmas time. So I'll say nothing at all...:santa::cloud9:

We will be there for our first Christmas trip this year as well....I can't wait!

A quick question...someone mentioned a sleigh ride in an earlier post and later a carriage ride in Port Orleans. Are these the same thing? If not does anyone have any other info about a sleigh ride? And regarding the carriage ride...can you just go over or do you need a reservation for this?

Thanks so much! I can't wait!!!! :cool1:

:santa:

There is a sleigh ride I think from Wilderness lodge different to the horse carriage ride from POFQ and the sleigh rides you will need reservations

Is the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian? I read it was somewhere but then another place said epcot....

Where can I meet Santa?

Will the Christmas parade continue after the Mickeys party ends???

You can meet Santa at DTD and Epcot. WE found Santa by chance at Epcot by the American building he had Mrs Claus with him and very authentic kids loved it they sat and spoke with him for ages and photpass photog was there if i recall DTD I had to pay kind of like the shopping mall set ups but Epcot we didn't

As far as the parks being busy we went to MK on Christmas day and it was mad but after the parade (3pm) with Santa the crowds started to disappear.

I second seeing Osborne lights they were awesome!!!!!

My family has been going to Disney at Christmas time for the past few years. Sadly, I don't think we are going this year because I guess paying for my college education is more important...hahah :confused3 ;)
But anyway, we've had a blast going at the holidays; we get there a few days before Christmas Day and leave a few days after. It's the most magical time ever.
1. Make sure you see the Osborn Lights, Illumination, and Wishes. The past two years we've seen Illumination on Christmas Eve (funnily enough standing in the exact same spot both years...kinda cool to think about) and it is amazing!
2. If you get the chance, go to the different hotels to look at the decorations in each hotel. My mom and I did the Magic Kingdom Monorail self guided tour one day. It was really cool to see all those hotels, especially decorated for the holidays.
3. In EPCOT, try to see part of the CP if you can. My family watched it from the other side of the walkway while having a snack. It was awesome! Also, stop in the different countries to see and hear the different Santas. I found that really interesting to at least see what they looked like.
4. Have fun! Don't let the crowds stress you out! If you plan a little and expect the crowds, you'll have a great trip.

My sister, niece and myself will be in WDW Nov.27th-Dec.4th. We are really looking forward to seeing all the Christmas things. We have the dinning pkg and plan on doing the late Christmas Processional at 8:00. Will we be able to see Illuminations the same evening?:teacher:

We have the dinning pkg and plan on doing the late Christmas Processional at 8:00. Will we be able to see Illuminations the same evening?:teacher:

I am wondering the same thing too because my family will be there the second week in December and we want to try and watch the CP and Illumniations on the same night too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter