Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so the magickeepers are the name of the keychain options..

btw, the keepers are pretty close to actual size in that photo.

I have updated post 1 with the current news, more info on keepers and starting to change the pics to the new 2.0 band.

I have plenty of 1.0 bands from multiple onsite stays. I purchased and activated AP back in October 2016 but I never had my AP magicband customized or sent. It is still sitting in MDE waiting to be customize. do you think I can customize now and get the 2.0 band?

I have plenty of 1.0 bands from multiple onsite stays. I purchased and activated AP back in October 2016 but I never had my AP magicband customized or sent. It is still sitting in MDE waiting to be customize. do you think I can customize now and get the 2.0 band?

That's what's been reported but nobody that did it when the news came out has actually received them yet to know. I customized mine and they shipped today so I should find out soon.

Now USPS said that yesterday was the cutoff of getting packages standard mail by xmas so depending on how they were sent, I may not see them for over a week.

I'd wait a bit if you can. We customized the AP bands about a week ago and checked "send"....]To my surprise they came already! BUT... they are the old style!
QUESTION: We have resort ressies too (for Jan 30th) and I see on our account that we are entitled to MagicBands under the reservations too. If I customize those (can I do that even tho I already have these MBs?) and they are mailed in the beginning of Jan will we get the 2.0? I was really hoping for the new style bc the old ones are not terribly comfortable on my very tiny wrists.
Will our AP/resort/fastpass info automatically be on both bands? or Will I have to call and have the 2.0 bands linked? Sorry. First time AP holder I haven't a clue!

Last edited:
I'd wait a bit if you can. We customized the AP bands about a week ago and checked "send"....]To my surprise they came already! BUT... they are the old style!
QUESTION: We have resort ressies too (for Jan 30th) and I see on our account that we are entitled to MagicBands under the reservations too. If I customize those (can I do that even tho I already have these MBs?) and they are mailed in the beginning of Jan will we get the 2.0? I was really hoping for the new style bc the old ones are not terribly comfortable on my very tiny wrists.
Will our AP/resort/fastpass info automatically be on both bands? or Will I have to call and have the 2.0 bands linked? Sorry. First time AP holder I haven't a clue!

I highly doubt you will get them. I'm not sure where everyone got that resort bands would be coming out in jan but that's not what disney was saying at destination d. It could happen if they run out of 1.0s sooner than expected but they aren't going to switch and have money lost in old bands until they need to. It'll be early 2017, but to say Jan is when it will happen, nobody really knows.

AP holders were coming end of dec/jan and did, you just missed it by a week and starting on the 14th, anyone who customized is getting 2.0 bands now. Of course nobody has received the yet to verify but many are waiting, myself included for the shipment to see.

I highly doubt you will get them. I'm not sure where everyone got that resort bands would be coming out in jan but that's not what disney was saying at destination d. It could happen if they run out of 1.0s sooner than expected but they aren't going to switch and have money lost in old bands until they need to. It'll be early 2017, but to say Jan is when it will happen, nobody really knows..

It has been widely reported that resort guests will begin receiving the new version in Jan 2017
Google this: disney magic band 2.0 "resort guests" "January 2017"

WHEN in January is unknown. I will submit my order (due Dec 30th) for the bands due me through my resort reservation and just hope for the best.

It has been widely reported that resort guests will begin receiving the new version in Jan 2017
Google this: disney magic band 2.0 "resort guests" "January 2017"

WHEN in January is unknown. I will submit my order (due Dec 30th) for the bands due me through my resort reservation and just hope for the best.

I was at the same destination d that all this news came out of. I spoke and asked questions to the same magicband cast members. It does answer my question on where this janurary date is coming from.

I can offer first hand experience, standing next to many of these people that reported it as being jan and they never said jan. What they said was It will come out in december for AP (and clarifying they said late december and the site would not indicate when it starts but there would be news which happened on 12/14). Next would be resort guests early next year (and again asking a more specific question to them, it's based on supply of the old band). It could start to happen in jan, but early next year to me says anytime in winter season so up to march. I think reporting jan is a a dis-service as they never gave jan as the date but they have sites and I don't so their past experience on speculating what disney really said might be accurate.

Thank you for the guidance on where the jan date is coming from.

I can fully appreciate that surely not ALL reported on the internet is true. Far from it. Thanks for letting us know that the Jan release for resort guests was apparently a rumor that for whatever reason spread rather widely. Knowing that it was not actually info given at D23, I will not get my hopes up. ETA I will report back here IF I happen to get lucky and get the new version in Jan.

I can fully appreciate that surely not ALL reported on the internet is true. Far from it. Thanks for letting us know that the Jan release for resort guests was apparently a rumor that for whatever reason spread rather widely. Knowing that it was not actually info given at D23, I will not get my hopes up. ETA I will report back here IF I happen to get lucky and get the new version in Jan.

I think they might be confusing the "will be introduced to the walt disney world resort" as the bands that get sent out. I think these bands that started to go on sale is the introduction.. I can't see disney doing it any other way, let the first round of "I'm willing to pay for them" happen and then make it more accessible.

First, I admit to not having had the time to read thru the entire thread! So, apologies if this question is answered somewhere else.

My question is about billing. I made some post-check-out charges using my MagicBand, and I'd like to see the details of those charges. My credit card company shows only that the charges were made, not what specifically they were. I'm sure they're right--I just want to see how I spent my money on check-out day! The reservation wasn't in my name, and the person whose name the reservation was in received the final bill and it doesn't show my charges. My pre-check-out charges were detailed on a printout hanging on the door on check-out day, so I'm fine with that.

I looked on MDE, but can't figure out if there's any way to see my charges there.

Help! And thank you!

First, I admit to not having had the time to read thru the entire thread! So, apologies if this question is answered somewhere else.

My question is about billing. I made some post-check-out charges using my MagicBand, and I'd like to see the details of those charges. My credit card company shows only that the charges were made, not what specifically they were. I'm sure they're right--I just want to see how I spent my money on check-out day! The reservation wasn't in my name, and the person whose name the reservation was in received the final bill and it doesn't show my charges. My pre-check-out charges were detailed on a printout hanging on the door on check-out day, so I'm fine with that.

I looked on MDE, but can't figure out if there's any way to see my charges there.

Help! And thank you!

this is more of a resort question than a band question. I honestly don't know the answer, I always have had my receipts emailed to me but I thikn a separate thread, possibly in the resorts forum might offer you quick and better responses.

this is more of a resort question than a band question. I honestly don't know the answer, I always have had my receipts emailed to me but I thikn a separate thread, possibly in the resorts forum might offer you quick and better responses.

Accident! I shall post elsewhere. Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

So our first trip to Disney was the first year the magicbands came out....what is different about them now?

I customized my resort bands on the 10th and they were delivered today. They are the old ones. I have a split stay and originally declined the band for the second part but just decided to customize bands to hopefully get the 2.0 version.

@karalecia26 has confirmed that she received the new 2.0 band with her AP customization.

Also see rteetz post above that disney said resorts now get it as well. My guess is they started to ship yesterday for them (12/20).

I did the first full pass on post #1 to update it for current information that may have changed or related to differences of magicband 2.0. I'm sure my grammar is horrible.

How exciting! I just recvd my email stating my MB were sent out today. I'm so glad I didn't buy skins in case I get the 2.0s. I'm a little sad that our MB won't be decorated tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter