Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I missed it if it was posted but with the new Magic Bands are they still sent for each trip like the old bands? Or are the news bands supposed to be used for multiple years/trips? Are the new bands still free? Thanks.

Sorry I missed it if it was posted but with the new Magic Bands are they still sent for each trip like the old bands? Or are the news bands supposed to be used for multiple years/trips? Are the new bands still free? Thanks.

Yes, every disney resort reservation you get has included in price magicbands for everyone staying in the room. they have added the option about a year or two ago to decline the bands if you want. AP and DVC members also get included in price magicbands.

My personal experience, if you care about the ride photos there is a battery in the band that eventually dies and even if not dead, it might be too tweak to signal the ride where you are sitting on it so you should be getting every band that disney wants to send you. If you don't care about ride photos then your band will work for everything else long after that battery is dead. (In theory, forever).

Also, it's not uncommon to see people matching their clothes with the color of their magicband so they get all of them in different colors so they can mix and match their outfit that moment.

EDIT TO ADD: old bands still work if you don't want them.

Last edited:
So my resort band have not shipped yet one more day left to costomize them sounds like I might be getting the mb2 can't wait got my 45th limited mb2 in mail today and I like them alot

Yes, every disney resort reservation you get has included in price magicbands for everyone staying in the room. they have added the option about a year or two ago to decline the bands if you want. AP and DVC members also get included in price magicbands.

My personal experience, if you care about the ride photos there is a battery in the band that eventually dies and even if not dead, it might be too tweak to signal the ride where you are sitting on it so you should be getting every band that disney wants to send you. If you don't care about ride photos then your band will work for everything else long after that battery is dead. (In theory, forever).

Also, it's not uncommon to see people matching their clothes with the color of their magicband so they get all of them in different colors so they can mix and match their outfit that moment.

Thanks for the info. I just didn't want to personalize the coming bands if they are the new ones, and be stuck forever with snowflakes or something else.

I have just learned that if you play sorcerers of the magic kingdom, when they activate the game to a band, it's that specific band you need to use so interchanging bands will require you to start a new game. Also if you return to finish a game on a future trip, you'll also need the same band to continue the game..

I know a card is an option, which makes sense for this card as you use trading cards to play. You would need to pull out your cards when you reach a portal so keeping a game card to activate the portal in the first place isn't inconvenient. Does anyone have any details on if you just ask for a card or do you need a hard card they can link it too already?

So far I love the icon a lot. I pulled it out of a band and now keep it in my bag and don't even notice it. before an extra band was in the way to a degree to put more things in there.

I took some close ups with a quarter to give you an idea of it's out of band size.

20161228_175343.jpg 20161228_175245.jpg

Just want to talk this through & make sure this will work...
Planning on staying a week off-site Saturday-Saturday, but checking into a Pop Century the Friday before our week for one night, not going to the parks until Sunday.

We'll get magic bands for our stay, even though we'll not use them for the parks, right?
Then we plan on using the same magic bands during our offsite visit & attaching our tickets to them through MDE.

Planned on attaching tickets to our MDE & making FP+ times at our 30 day mark, will we have magic bands by then we can attach to our MDE?

Thanks!!

Just want to talk this through & make sure this will work...
Planning on staying a week off-site Saturday-Saturday, but checking into a Pop Century the Friday before our week for one night, not going to the parks until Sunday.

1. We'll get magic bands for our stay, even though we'll not use them for the parks, right?

2. Then we plan on using the same magic bands during our offsite visit & attaching our tickets to them through MDE.

3. Planned on attaching tickets to our MDE & making FP+ times at our 30 day mark, will we have magic bands by then we can attach to our MDE?

Thanks!!

1. Yes, you get Magic Bands for staying on property - it has nothing to do with having tickets.

2. Nothing is "on" a Magic Band. Your tickets are in your MDE account, and your Magic Band is just a means to access what's in your MDE account.

3. You don't need Magic Bands to make FP reservations.

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure we can still use our magic bands for the FP+ we made through MDE w/our tickets, after we've checked out & moved offsite

1. Yes, you get Magic Bands for staying on property - it has nothing to do with having tickets.

2. Nothing is "on" a Magic Band. Your tickets are in your MDE account, and your Magic Band is just a means to access what's in your MDE account.

3. You don't need Magic Bands to make FP reservations.

This post was REALLY long and I couldn't find my answer. As of right now, anytime I make a payment towards my trip, they ask if this is the card we will be using in the parks and I say yes. But, is there a way to set up each individual MagicBand to a separate credit card? I'm going with a few other friends and would feel a lot more comfortable if they were not using my card and charging my card without them knowing. Thanks!

This post was REALLY long and I couldn't find my answer. As of right now, anytime I make a payment towards my trip, they ask if this is the card we will be using in the parks and I say yes. But, is there a way to set up each individual MagicBand to a separate credit card? I'm going with a few other friends and would feel a lot more comfortable if they were not using my card and charging my card without them knowing. Thanks!

Yeah, I've been thinking of revamping it and I'm not completely sure how yet :)

What you need to do is have everyone make their own MDE account and link them together (if you didn't do this already). Under profile in mde they can set their own credit card and pin number and that is where their room charges will go. Don't give anyone your pin code and they will not be able to make room charges.. Then when they use the meal plan or charge to room, they use their own pin and credit card. anyone who doesn't setup an mde account or never puts in a card would default to your card with your pin. just keep your pin protected and there will be no surprise charges by them.

If your concerned anything is setup wrong, just stop by the front desk when you arrive and ask them to check that everyones charges will go to their own cards. if not, they will help you fix that up.

Does this mean, if my battery died I can still enter the park with it, use memory maker (where the CM scans my band)? And if so, would I be able to choose my ride photo from the kiosk and tap my band to put it on my account?

I'm not clear on the perks of an active RFID battery.

Thanks!

Does this mean, if my battery died I can still enter the park with it, use memory maker (where the CM scans my band)? And if so, would I be able to choose my ride photo from the kiosk and tap my band to put it on my account?

I'm not clear on the perks of an active RFID battery.

Thanks!

Yes.

Wireless that uses the battery is for automatic ride photos, and storytellers which they havent used lately

My apologies if this has been answered already. We have a reservation for Feb and have 3 Magicbands connected to our account. We recently purchased Annual Passes, will we be receiving new Magicbands for being AP holders as well? Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!!

My apologies if this has been answered already. We have a reservation for Feb and have 3 Magicbands connected to our account. We recently purchased Annual Passes, will we be receiving new Magicbands for being AP holders as well? Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!!

If you want them, yes. They will not ship unless you customize them and you can't do that until they are active. If you never customize them, you never get them.

I personally just wait until there is a reason to get them. For example the slider for the next year or most recent case was to get the 2.0 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter