Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for this very useful FAQ!

I now have four MagicBands whose batteries are probably dead, since they weren't picked up by long range receivers during my last visit. I'm glad to hear reports that Disney will accept them for recycling. I'm hoping to not only deactivate them from my MDE account, but also delete them permanently since they will no longer be in my possession and I don't want them to get mixed up. I didn't see an option to do this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for this very useful FAQ!

I now have four MagicBands whose batteries are probably dead, since they weren't picked up by long range receivers during my last visit. I'm glad to hear reports that Disney will accept them for recycling. I'm hoping to not only deactivate them from my MDE account, but also delete them permanently since they will no longer be in my possession and I don't want them to get mixed up. I didn't see an option to do this. Anyone have any ideas?

You can't delete them, only deactivate them. next trip the front desk can remove magicbands from existence but the usually only do this for someone who has 20+ when the system starts to act up but you can ask. you shouldn't need the bands with you as you can tell them which one your keeping.

Can anyone confirm if you are able to order magic bands for a new annual pass that hasn't been activated yet? I have asked on another thread and the answers varied. Where in mde do you go to order them? I'm personally not excited for the new bands but my husband is. Thanks!

They are really nice.. so much thinner and flexible. I hate the bands in general and these I don't mind.

It's really varying on who can do it early. Just go into mde (I would use the website), and under profile -> magic bands and cards you would see that you have bands waiting to be customized. Note the MDE account that purchased the bands would see this so if you have multiple accounts and your husbands is the one the AP was purchased on, he would see the customize option and you wouldnt. if it's 1 mde account for the family then there is nothing to check on other accounts.

but not everyone is getting the option to do it early. I think I've narrowed it down to a disney resort guest who is paid in full that can do it but even that might be wrong.

Magicband 2.0 for sale has been spotted this morning..

@yulilin3 spotted the MK 45th anniversary MagicBand 2.0 available for purchase. Did you happen to see any accessories?

They are really nice.. so much thinner and flexible. I hate the bands in general and these I don't mind.

It's really varying on who can do it early. Just go into mde (I would use the website), and under profile -> magic bands and cards you would see that you have bands waiting to be customized. Note the MDE account that purchased the bands would see this so if you have multiple accounts and your husbands is the one the AP was purchased on, he would see the customize option and you wouldnt. if it's 1 mde account for the family then there is nothing to check on other accounts.

but not everyone is getting the option to do it early. I think I've narrowed it down to a disney resort guest who is paid in full that can do it but even that might be wrong.
Thanks for the info! We have a split stay the second week of January, room only of course with the AP discount. We customized our bands for the first part of the stay a couple weeks ago but we only decided to add a day last week and haven't decided if we are going to get bands again or decline them so mde is still asking me to customize them for that part of the stay. I didn't see an option to customize them for the AP though. I don't think I am paid in full but will have to check from a computer when I get a chance.
ETA: I just checked my email and I am not paid in full.

Magicband 2.0 for sale has been spotted this morning..

@yulilin3 spotted the MK 45th anniversary MagicBand 2.0 available for purchase. Did you happen to see any accessories?
no accessories, or any other mb 2.0 Here are the pics
15380733_1737279269932550_5138730222623838636_n.jpg

15390662_1737279273265883_397110748221161236_n.jpg

15380531_1737279253265885_5455144442589162918_n.jpg

15391213_1737279249932552_7319366001870553694_n.jpg

2500 limit? I don't have time to hit MK today :( I might be able to fit in a rope drop before I have to run to work tomorrow. I hate waking up early.

I customized our bands in MDE for our upcoming stay. Will the bands arrive linked and ready to go since each person has their color and name or will I go through some kind of linking process when the bands actually arrive?

I customized our bands in MDE for our upcoming stay. Will the bands arrive linked and ready to go since each person has their color and name or will I go through some kind of linking process when the bands actually arrive?

Yes, they will come ready. you only need to link purchased bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter