Even Miracles Take a Little Time -A March 2017 PTR-

Yay!!! DH is home and it is time to start our movie night back up! DD1 has picked Toy Story for our next movie. I'm working on the menu right now and will be ready to update with our movie night fun on Thursday :flower1:

WOO HOO! Hubby is home! Please tell him thank you for his service for me.

I agree, Toy Story is a great movie, fun for kids and lots of adult humor mixed in too. Cute menu!

Progress Update
So, I have some happy news (because of a not so happy reason.) I wrote about my Grandaddy's passing a while ago, but we received a check in the mail the other day as a gift from my Grandaddy. I can't think of a better way to spend the money and honor his memory than by creating new ones with my family at Disney World. We will use some of the money to complete our savings for our Disney Trip and the rest will go to the girls' college fund. I know that is how he would want us to use the money and now I feel like he will be with us on the trip.

We are doing the happy dance, because we have now been able to save 100% of the money we need for our whole vacation!!!!!
tumblr_mymgly0ejC1tnjwfzo1_500.gif

I don't remember if I said it before but please accept my sympathy on the passing of your grandfather. May you find peace in the loving memories you have of him. It is nice that you will be using your grandfather's gift to make family memories with your own daughters that they can remember and cherish in years to come. I also like how you will also use the money for a college fund for them. When they get ready to head to college it would be nice to share with them a photo and your memories of him so that they know how his love has been passed along to them.

I don't remember if I said it before but please accept my sympathy on the passing of your grandfather. May you find peace in the loving memories you have of him. It is nice that you will be using your grandfather's gift to make family memories with your own daughters that they can remember and cherish in years to come. I also like how you will also use the money for a college fund for them. When they get ready to head to college it would be nice to share with them a photo and your memories of him so that they know how his love has been passed along to them.
Thanks. I know he would be pleased in how we are spending the money.

I am thinking that for your next Disney movie night you should either surprise your hubby with his favorite Disney movie or have him pick it.

The Jungle Book Movie Night
tumblr_nsukh1gojz1uspc2eo1_400.gif

Tonight we watched The Jungle Book and it was a hit! I really can't believe how much DD1 and DD2 loved this movie. There was even a spontaneous dance party during King Louis' song! I mean, really, who doesn't want to get up and dance during "I Wanna Be Like You"?
tumblr_n2uf81F8QT1rhzh2xo1_1280.gif

Here was our menu:
96618358-619A-4B26-A327-3D21058BA0AB.jpg

Mango Chicken with Rice
CC5CD004-95EB-418A-A974-73DC4E5BD559.jpg

Brussel Sprouts
B4F184B9-703D-4AE1-9A6B-410FB659EE90.jpg

Banana Pudding
E71EF04F-C4EF-431F-8F07-6AD3CAA14472.jpg

Pina Coladas (DD1's was a virgin:thumbsup2)
0E1A7D4C-768D-424F-BE04-DC77843A9014.jpg

45D0AD51-EBB7-46F6-A865-06834EE94C81.jpg

She was very happy with her "umbrella" drink!

CD7B1407-E311-41F3-8576-8C25998FC220.jpg

I have a feeling we will be watching this one again, and again, and again, and again.....( if you have ever had little kids, you know exactly what I'm talking about :scared:)

* Sorry about some of the picture sizes.... for some reason, I can't get them to be smaller.

The Jungle Book Movie Night
tumblr_nsukh1gojz1uspc2eo1_400.gif

Tonight we watched The Jungle Book and it was a hit! I really can't believe how much DD1 and DD2 loved this movie. There was even a spontaneous dance party during King Louis' song! I mean, really, who doesn't want to get up and dance during "I Wanna Be Like You"?
tumblr_n2uf81F8QT1rhzh2xo1_1280.gif

Banana Pudding
E71EF04F-C4EF-431F-8F07-6AD3CAA14472.jpg

45D0AD51-EBB7-46F6-A865-06834EE94C81.jpg

She was very happy with her "umbrella" drink!

CD7B1407-E311-41F3-8576-8C25998FC220.jpg

I have a feeling we will be watching this one again, and again, and again, and again.....( if you have ever had little kids, you know exactly what I'm talking about :scared:)

* Sorry about some of the picture sizes.... for some reason, I can't get them to be smaller.

HOW FUN! I love the "I wanna to be like you!" song! I have to boogie a bit to it myself!

Oh and the banana pudding with the vanilla wafers! My aunt used to make this all time. I haven't had it since I was a kid.
Yes, I do remember watching movies over and over! My son's was 101 Dalmatians. We would watch it constantly. He would start to quote a line from it just randomly out of the blue at times and I would chime in. I still call him Roly at times when he says, "Mom, I'm hungry" "OK, Roly."

So after watching the original Jungle Book, DH and I decided that we would have a date night and go see the new Jungle Book. We were both pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It is really hard to believe that most of that is all CGI, because it is very well done. I did feel like "I Wanna Be Like You" was forced into the story and didn't really fit in this version, but other than that we both really liked it! I wouldn't take DD1 to go see it though, it was maybe a little too intense for her at some parts. She thought Zootopia was scary, so this would be scary for her as well. No spoilers, but I much prefer how the new one ended.

Thanks for your review of the New Jungle Book. I have been wanting to see it myself too. From the previews, I can see why you didn't take your DD. And at times as I was watching Zootopia, I was thinking that it might be a bit scary for some little ones, along the lines of how Snow White was a bit scary in parts for my own kids when they were little.

Love the movie night!!! Our DD is not a fan of the Jungle Book, but then again we haven't tried it in a few months. her current favorite is "the dragon" which is toddler speak for Aladdin. She likes to watch it on a loop...:sad2: Don't get me wrong, I like Aladdin, but man, I know about every word to the entire movie at this point! :scared1:

Love the movie night!!! Our DD is not a fan of the Jungle Book, but then again we haven't tried it in a few months. her current favorite is "the dragon" which is toddler speak for Aladdin. She likes to watch it on a loop...:sad2: Don't get me wrong, I like Aladdin, but man, I know about every word to the entire movie at this point! :scared1:

When DD1 was about 18 months, The Little Mermaid was on loop for about 4 months straight. I think I was even quoting the movie in my sleep...

Planning Update
Another month closer to Disney and still so much to do/wait to do. While I'm in this waiting period until my 180 days or AFS is announced, I figured I would get started on my notebook. While it is way too early to print out any of my plans for the notebook, I decided I would at least get all the organizational stuff done. That way, once things are finalized, I can just print them out and we will be good to go!

So my notebook is is organized into 6 main categories and I use tabs to divide them in my notebook.
1. General Info
2. Resort Info
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Epcot
5. Hollywood Studios
6. Animal Kingdom

• General Info: In this section I will have my list of important numbers (flight confirmations, resort confirmation/phone, ADRs, FP+ times, and any other reservation/confirmation # I get) a transportation map, packing list, trip itinerary, and DDP credit tracker

• Resort Info: Package confirmation info, resort maps, and any other resort info we get upon check in.
  • Magic Kingdom and other Park tabs: Touring plans, map, list of show times/entertainment, possibly some menus for the ADRs we have in the park

This time I also bought a 3 hole punched zipper pencil bag to keep in the notebook. Right now, it is holding our tickets, disney gift cards we have accumulated, and the small LED lights I bought to put on our stroller to easily identify it from the masses. It is just a nice way to keep everything together, even non paper things. I will probably have to get a bag as well to store some of the other things I have slowly been gathering like glow sticks, hand sanitizer, etc...

Just getting it set up made me happy :flower:and made the trip feel closer!

::edit to add picture::
D043A1C5-09ED-4927-874F-59A83A8CF3F6.jpg

Last edited:
Planning Update
Another month closer to Disney and still so much to do/wait to do. While I'm in this waiting period until my 180 days or AFS is announced, I figured I would get started on my notebook. While it is way too early to print out any of my plans for the notebook, I decided I would at least get all the organizational stuff done. That way, once things are finalized, I can just print them out and we will be good to go!

So my notebook is is organized into 6 main categories and I use tabs to divide them in my notebook.
1. General Info
2. Resort Info
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Epcot
5. Hollywood Studios
6. Animal Kingdom

This time I also bought a 3 hole punched zipper pencil bag to keep in the notebook. Right now, it is holding our tickets, disney gift cards we have accumulated, and the small LED lights I bought to put on our stroller to easily identify it from the masses. It is just a nice way to keep everything together, even non paper things. I will probably have to get a bag as well to store some of the other things I have slowly been gathering like glow sticks, hand sanitizer, etc...

Just getting it set up made me happy :flower:and made the trip feel closer!

I love your plans on how you will organize your binder! As you said, just getting one set up makes the trip feel that much closer!

So, is your hubby still home on leave?

I have also been wondering if your parents and in-laws who are going on the trip as much into the planning and WDW as you are? Or are they just going with the flow and letting you do all the planning? I am asking since I am the same age as your parents but I am the one who is a HUGE Disney fan! So, if I am ever blessed with grandchildren and fortunate enough to get to take a trip with one of my kids and their family it might be hard for me not to be involved in some of the planning. Tee Hee!:laughing:

Actually, it will probably be me doing the planning for an extended family trip unless my son or daughter marry someone that is a big of a fan as me! By the time that ever happens down the road, I might be fine just sharing some of my ideas and letting someone else plan. Maybe Maybe not! :confused3

I wonder how much we love planning is part of our backgrounds as teachers? :jumping2: I know that I do enjoy planning out a teaching schedule. And am envious of other teachers' cute well-organized binders! I do most of my curriculum planning online using the online website, Planbook.com. It is great in that you can add things, push lessons back and forth, add events, etc.. It is the best twelve dollars a year I have ever spent for teaching. :coffee: LIGHT BULB!! I just realized after I typed my last comment that I can use Planbook to outline my Disney trip. I can just add another class to my schedule and call it DISNEY! Since planbook allows you to keep your inputted lessons and archive them or create a template for hte new school year, I can do that. So, as my plans might change, I can change them. :jumping1:

I love your plans on how you will organize your binder! As you said, just getting one set up makes the trip feel that much closer!
So, is your hubby still home on leave?

Unfortunately, he is gone again. This time is only for a short while and we have a trip to our beach house planned with my parents, so that will help break up the time.

I have also been wondering if your parents and in-laws who are going on the trip as much into the planning and WDW as you are? Or are they just going with the flow and letting you do all the planning? I am asking since I am the same age as your parents but I am the one who is a HUGE Disney fan! So, if I am ever blessed with grandchildren and fortunate enough to get to take a trip with one of my kids and their family it might be hard for me not to be involved in some of the planning. Tee Hee!:laughing:

My in-laws know nothing about Disney. Their first trip was when they came with us last time for DD1's birthday trip. (It was also DH's first trip.) So they are very happy to leave the planning up to me. I of course consult with them on what we are thinking budget wise and stuff like that, but my MIL pretty much said they are good with whatever we want to do. They really are wonderful in-laws.

Growing up, my mom planned our trips, but she was never as into the planning as I am. I just tell my mom our plans and let her know what we are doing and she lets me know what they want to do with us and when they will deviate from our plan (my youngest sister is 18, so they might go off and do some more thrill rides while we are in fantasyland.) Sometimes they even stay at a different resort than we do and we just meet in the parks/for food. My dad likes to camp at Ft. Wilderness. But this time around, my mom said enough with the camping and they will be staying at CBR with us.

If they were into the planning like me, I think we would have a lot more planning get togethers (via email, facetime, phone, etc...) to get everyone's input and whatnot. It is nice though to just plan for us and then everyone can either join us or do their own thing.

Unfortunately, he is gone again. This time is only for a short while and we have a trip to our beach house planned with my parents, so that will help break up the time.

If they were into the planning like me, I think we would have a lot more planning get togethers (via email, facetime, phone, etc...) to get everyone's input and whatnot. It is nice though to just plan for us and then everyone can either join us or do their own thing.

Sorry to hear your hubby is back on duty so soon. Glad that you have an upcoming beach trip planned to help you fill the time. Is your beach house near Charleston? I plan to visit one of South Carolina's beaches this summer myself. My sister and brother live in SC. My sister lives in Camden about 30 minutes from Columbia and my brother lives in rural area between Florence and Sumter. He was in the Air Force and met his wife while stationed in Sumter. We tend to visit Myrtle Beach State Park when we are there for a day trip.

In the past, we have stayed at Pawley's Island south of Myrtle Beach for week long beach trip.

Sorry to hear your hubby is back on duty so soon. Glad that you have an upcoming beach trip planned to help you fill the time. Is your beach house near Charleston? I plan to visit one of South Carolina's beaches this summer myself. My sister and brother live in SC. My sister lives in Camden about 30 minutes from Columbia and my brother lives in rural area between Florence and Sumter. He was in the Air Force and met his wife while stationed in Sumter. We tend to visit Myrtle Beach State Park when we are there for a day trip.

In the past, we have stayed at Pawley's Island south of Myrtle Beach for week long beach trip.
Our beach house is on Hilton Head Island, so about 2hrs from Charleston. My sister and brother-in-law live in Charleston!

Our beach house is on Hilton Head Island, so about 2hrs from Charleston. My sister and brother-in-law live in Charleston!

Hilton Head! I love Hilton Head. I grew up going to Hilton Head each year for day trips to the beach. My dad grew up on a farm about one hour inland from Hilton Head. So, when we visited my grandparents and cousins we went there. As an adult, my family rented a place there one time. I absolutely love it. I prefer it to the other beaches but the Myrtle Beach area is closer to my brother's house.

Hilton Head! I love Hilton Head. I grew up going to Hilton Head each year for day trips to the beach. My dad grew up on a farm about one hour inland from Hilton Head. So, when we visited my grandparents and cousins we went there. As an adult, my family rented a place there one time. I absolutely love it. I prefer it to the other beaches but the Myrtle Beach area is closer to my brother's house.
Well, it's a small world afterall! We actually own 2 beach houses there on North Forest Beach, not far from Coligny. We love it! We grew up renting places in Shipyard and then while I was in college, my parents bought the first house, which lead to another! Now we go once before the summer crowd hits and for Thanksgiving and sometimes after Christmas/NYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter