Embarkation Day Attire

I've seen Mickey and Minnie in the Port Canaveral terminal in recent years, and maybe Goofy years ago? I am not sure about that one. The character line is the ropes in front of the ship model. We don't usually wait if there is a line, but if I see a cast member go stand at the front of the line, I'll ask who is coming out and get in line if it's not going to be too long. And I don't mind standing in the line if I'm going to be waiting around anyway if they haven't called my port time.

To the original question, we don't do matching outfits but I have kind of half on purpose put everyone in similar colors - like red/black/gray. I might do etsy shirts for our next cruise and then pick up DCL shirts on board for me and the kids to wear on the next cruise after that - dh has them already. For my kids the most important thing is to have their swimwear on or in the carryon so they can hit the waterslides as soon as possible.

Don't feel you need to dress up. Even on formal dinner nights, you will see some ppl in shorts & tshirts.

When we were waiting to
board, we took pictures with Donald & Pluto was coming out as we were boarding. No guarantees on Mickey.

We had one trip where we were just in coordinating outfits, one trip with shorts and t-shirts over swim stuff, and this Aug we have a group going so we are doing matching t-shirts. Grown ups in blue kid in grey.

We're doing matching shirts and shorts with bathing suits underneath. It looks like so much fun

We see just about anything you would at WDW. Our thoughts now are to be the most comfortable we can and for you especially since there are so many new things to take in. If what you choose makes you feel good and you could see yourself wearing it to a nice family summer function then rest easy that it will fit in. One other thing we do is put a light sweater/jacket in our carryon for the stiff breeze that may blow up as you leave port.

You'll see everything from groups in matching t-shirts, dressed up folks and those that just threw on a clean t-shirt. Its really up to you. I'd suggest that if you want a nice/cute boarding picture you dress appropriately.

I had an idea to wear a black shirt, red shorts, yellow flats, and my tiny Mickey Mouse head stud earrings that I bought on a trip a long time ago... So it is somewhat Mickey inspired, but not in your face Disney. I found the idea on Pinterest. If you search "Disney inspired outfits" there are sooooo many cute ideas that will help you find ways to channel your favorite character or princess fashions without being totally obvious about it. I am not into matching shirts or anything cheesy, so this was a fun way to combine my love of fashion and Disney!
I also think a nautical theme is a great outfit for the first day.

I had an idea to wear a black shirt, red shorts, yellow flats, and my tiny Mickey Mouse head stud earrings that I bought on a trip a long time ago... So it is somewhat Mickey inspired, but not in your face Disney. I found the idea on Pinterest. If you search "Disney inspired outfits" there are sooooo many cute ideas that will help you find ways to channel your favorite character or princess fashions without being totally obvious about it. I am not into matching shirts or anything cheesy, so this was a fun way to combine my love of fashion and Disney!
I also think a nautical theme is a great outfit for the first day.

It's called Disneybounding. There are some fun things being put together.

It's just my DS who's 13 and I, and I'll just be happy if he's wearing clean clothes when we board. I can't even get him to wear shirts and shorts that match much less dressing up, lol. But I do like the idea of dressing in red, white and blue for the pics.

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Galveston in November but my family and I may need to "bundle up". :santa:

We are doing our first disney cruise out of galveston on Nov 13! I have wondered too what to wear, I mean it's Texas, could be warm or chilly, who knows! ! L♡VE being a Texan! ;)

We live about 20-30 minutes from Galveston. November is a crap shoot. Sometimes warm. Sometimes cool. I'd think to plan for shirts/tops you can pair shorts or pants/jeans with and throw a sweater, hoodie, or light jacket with if needed. If I was a betting girl I'd say you won't need the top layer. ;)

It's called Disneybounding. There are some fun things being put together.
Yes! I couldn't remember the name of what it was called. I spent a LOT of time perusing the outfits... So creative!

Yes! I couldn't remember the name of what it was called. I spent a LOT of time perusing the outfits... So creative!

I actually have considered forgoing my usual Castaway Cay or DCL Aloha shirt for embarkation this time to Disneybound as Mr. Smee. Heck, all I need is a light blue striped shirt, turquoise or teal shorts, flip flops and a red toque and I'm good. I already have the gray beard (I won't shave the chin), the glasses and the oversized belly...

I actually convinced my husband to all dress as Ariel inspired family for our day at CC! My two daughters have Ariel swimsuits and I have purple bikini top and turquoise green bikini bottoms with a red hat and red sunglasses. I talked him into blue swim trunks to represent Prince Eric but that's as far as he'd go! Yea, we're gonna look like that crazy over the top family I'm afraid!! Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter