Embarkation Day Attire

IlovePluto

Earning My Ears
Should we wear anything "special" for Embarkation Day? I understand we will see Mickey at the terminal and when we board, so commence the pictures...just wondering if we should dress "up" a bit???

I never see anyone dressed up. Standard attire is shorts and a t-shirt/tank with your swimsuit underneath. But feel free to wear whatever you want. I usually wear capris and a cute tank top, but we don't really do the pools.

I just wore some shorts and a tshirt. I know the characters appear in the port, but we didnt see see any of them until the deck party on our cruise, so I wouldnt make plans that you are gonna get a meet and greet during embarkation.

We had a group of 10 and wore matching shirts that I got made on Etsy. Red for the girls and grey for the guys. There are a lot to choose from on Etsy. Kids loved them because it said their names. Guys were unsure but it was totally fun for our first cruise and it did look really cool in our embarkation pictures.

I'm making custom shirts for our family but we'll wear swim gear under them! We actually skip the line for embarkation pics and head straight for Cabanas and the pool. No need to dress up at all.

Lots of photo opportunities when you get on the ship , especially at night when you are dressed for dinner.

We usually just wear shorts with a Disney themed shirt on top. I am weird and like to have us all match in colour for our picture when we first get on .

Should we wear anything "special" for Embarkation Day? I understand we will see Mickey at the terminal and when we board, so commence the pictures...just wondering if we should dress "up" a bit???
Many cruisers in families where matching T shirts.

I sewed our DD a dress that looked like this one... source ... she wore it with her Mouse Ears from Disneyland. I wore a long skirt and tank and DH wore a polo and golf shorts. We chose a late PAT so we would be able to go straight to our room upon boarding...we took pictures with Mickey and Minnie and then the formal embarkation pic and then straight to our room :)
162d98a7783f47ee6f64c5bfc18ca581.jpg

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Galveston in November but my family and I may need to "bundle up". :santa:

I see that you're sailing tomorrow to the Bahamas... We've also done Caribbean cruises, and my experience has been that we get fairly hot/sweaty at the sail away deck party... meaning that those clothes had to be 'retired' or laundered before being worn again (not fit for the 'intermediate' laundry pile of clothes that were briefly worn and could get worn again). Just something to keep in mind...

Have a magical cruise! :goodvibes

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Galveston in November but my family and I may need to "bundle up". :santa:

We are doing our first disney cruise out of galveston on Nov 13! I have wondered too what to wear, I mean it's Texas, could be warm or chilly, who knows! ! L♡VE being a Texan! ;)

We usually wear one of our DCL tops purchased previously and shorts. The Sail Away party does tend to be hot and we like to be comfortable. Have a great time!

We all dress in red, white and blue for embarkation. It looks nice in the boarding & character photos and goes with the nautical theme.

I like to dress up a little.

I'm not interested in swimming on a Disney ship (pools are too small and frighteningly crowded) AND my swimsuits are heavily patterned and so they show up under clothing. So I don't wear a swimsuit, and DH and DS choose not to as well. We end up looking kinda nice.

Of course, we've only stopped for pictures once; now we tell them no thank you and just pass on by the people taking photos.

I understand we will see Mickey at the terminal and when we board

You might see Mickey; I never have. I've seen Minnie. But you have to wait in line for characters, of course. And I don't think I've seen Mickey once onboard upon embarkation. So don't get that expectation solid in your head! The embarkation photos are in a sort of antechamber after a line and before you go on the ramps to the ship, with 3 or so backdrops (you are sent to one). No characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter