EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
::yes::
So I noticed that the cruise doc booklet mentions the onboard airline check in. Has anyone called to verify this? I meant to call today but totally forgot. I really hope they have this available for those of us using transfers to MIA airport. It would be so nice not to worry about luggage! I'd like the last Disney magic I receive is for my luggage to leave my room on the 22nd and magically appear at LAX on the 23rd!

we used their transfer in barcelona and it went very smoothly. Just needed to get ourselves in a cab and disney and airlines did the rest for us...One thing though, they removed and kept all the pirate swords and guns my sons had gotten on the cruise and that made it slightly bitter to leave the ship.
Ps: oh And I would add to that Disney magic, the snap of Mary Poppins when my luggage of 6 people would get packed at home and unpacked on the board and then again to come back...now that would be a 100% vacation, haha!!!

I haven't been able to keep up as much on the boards since we are in the process of moving due to a new job my husband took. It all happened suddenly and unexpectedly. He moved Oct 1, so he's been commuting the 400 miles to see us most weekends. If we seem stand-offish on the cruise, it's only because we are looking forward to some much needed family time, so the timing of this cruise will be perfect.

Today, we made an offer on purchasing a home in our new location and if it is accepted our close date is January 11.

I haven't started packing up the house, I haven't started packing for the cruise. :eek: I don't have time to shop or fuss about what we'll be wearing on the cruise. All I can commit to is that we will be wearing clothes! :laughing: Need-less-to-say, it will be a busy few months for our family.

I am headed to Nebraska tomorrow to check on my mom before we head out on our cruise. We will be driving since I may be bringing some of mom's stuff back with us. I am watching the weather in the Midwest and am pretty sure we will hit some iffy weather. Most likely in Oklahoma City.
When we get back it will time to pack and get ready for the cruise. I am so excited. I was at the Disney store yesterday and found a Cinderella t shirt that says "and she lived happily ever after". You will see me wearing it on sail away day because December 9th is our 40th anniversary. Can't wait! Sherry

Have any of you veteran cruisers out there used your iPhone on the ship? I'm guessing I'd have to put it in airplane mode to avoid roaming charges equivalent to what we paid for the entire trip. In a perfect world, I'd love to use it for the camera (even though I'm not much of a photographer), as an alarm clock for the kids, and to check email if the ship has WiFi. But, if it's more of a hastle than it's worth, I'd rather not schlep it around. Thanks in advance for your input!

Dodger Dog said:
Have any of you veteran cruisers out there used your iPhone on the ship? I'm guessing I'd have to put it in airplane mode to avoid roaming charges equivalent to what we paid for the entire trip. In a perfect world, I'd love to use it for the camera (even though I'm not much of a photographer), as an alarm clock for the kids, and to check email if the ship has WiFi. But, if it's more of a hastle than it's worth, I'd rather not schlep it around. Thanks in advance for your input!

I don't have an iphone but do have a smartphone. When I get on ship, I turn off the data thingy that would pull stuff like Facebook and email, but I can still txt, make/receive a phone call and take pictures. They do have laptops you can "rent out" to check email and you can buy minutes.

skayrobe said:
I am headed to Nebraska tomorrow to check on my mom before we head out on our cruise. We will be driving since I may be bringing some of mom's stuff back with us. I am watching the weather in the Midwest and am pretty sure we will hit some iffy weather. Most likely in Oklahoma City.
When we get back it will time to pack and get ready for the cruise. I am so excited. I was at the Disney store yesterday and found a Cinderella t shirt that says "and she lived happily ever after". You will see me wearing it on sail away day because December 9th is our 40th anniversary. Can't wait! Sherry

Awwww! That t-shirt sounds so cute. :)

Dodger Dog said:

Either put it in airplane mode if you want no calls/texts, or turn data roaming off if you want to still take calls/texts. Both will work with the ship's wifi if you choose to login using that. Putting in airplane mode is literally just one swipe.

Still no docs, but we're still in storm mode around here. Maybe Monday?

I still have to see about a tiara, but I have to make a trip to the mall next weekend anyway. Tomorrow we'll be doing some grocery shopping, since we have absolutely no food in our refrigerator at all LOL!!!

I'm trying to decide what to wear for formal night. DH will have his tux, but I think most of my formal things will be way too big. I'll have to see what I can find!

I will have my ornaments for the exchange finished tomorrow, I hope. every time I walk into my craft room I get distracted by other things. I really need to get myself together and just finish them!

Now it's time for dinner. One more night of delivered food and then it will be back to real, homemade meals LOL!!!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So I have a question for any 3rd time or more cruiser. This will only be our second Disney Cruise and I know we will get a gift in our stateroom, but I've been told that it's 1 per cabin, not per person. Don't get me wrong, I'm so very grateful for whatever we get, my question is, does each person get a lanyard, or do we just have to collect them 1 cruise at a time? :confused: I'm ok either way, I just need to know if we need to buy 3 more.

I don't know if I'm shy or not but I am hesitant to walk up to people I don't know and talk. For instance, on the last cruise I would not go over to the large table of Dis-ers at dinner and talk to them cause I felt awkward. It looked like they were having fun and I wanted in on it. If you see us at dinner please don't think we are stuck up or want to be alone...say hi please.....don't be like me.
I'm sure that describes many of us...me included :goodvibes.

I haven't been able to keep up as much on the boards since we are in the process of moving due to a new job my husband took. It all happened suddenly and unexpectedly. He moved Oct 1, so he's been commuting the 400 miles to see us most weekends. If we seem stand-offish on the cruise, it's only because we are looking forward to some much needed family time, so the timing of this cruise will be perfect.

Today, we made an offer on purchasing a home in our new location and if it is accepted our close date is January 11.

I haven't started packing up the house, I haven't started packing for the cruise. :eek: I don't have time to shop or fuss about what we'll be wearing on the cruise. All I can commit to is that we will be wearing clothes! :laughing: Need-less-to-say, it will be a busy few months for our family.
Congratulations on his new job and your new home! The timing may not be ideal, but change like this is exciting, I'm sure :thumbsup2.

So I have a question for any 3rd time or more cruiser. This will only be our second Disney Cruise and I know we will get a gift in our stateroom, but I've been told that it's 1 per cabin, not per person. Don't get me wrong, I'm so very grateful for whatever we get, my question is, does each person get a lanyard, or do we just have to collect them 1 cruise at a time? :confused: I'm ok either way, I just need to know if we need to buy 3 more.
Every repeat cruiser will get a lanyard when you check in, but the CC gift is one per cabin.

I started pulling clothes out of the closet for dd but I am having a hard time. For those of you who have done the Panama Canal cruise before, what type of weather did you have on sea days? I was surprised how cool it was on our Hawaii cruise and I am wondering if we will have cool days at sea too?

We just finished our first cruise at the end of October, we checked with our carrier (AT&T) before we left and added a plan to send cheaper texts and phone calls in Mexico. Our incoming texts were free. It was necessary as both of us have aging parents and we need to be in touch. We will get the same plan for this cruise. Check with your carrier about charges. Sherry

Dodger Dog said:

The roaming fees will hurt bad as it connects to the ships satellite system. I take mine and put it airplane mode until I am back in a u.s. Port.

So Cal Crew said:

Every castaway member gets a new lanyard on each cruise. The cabin gift is one per cabin per cruise. I ended up with the same cabin gift when we did a back to back cruise as the gift is based on your castaway level.

In 2008, we were working in the same office (she has since moved to PIT) and I walked into my cube to a life sized cut out of Obama with the caption "Emmy-I am here to take all of your money and your guns, you better cling to your religion while you can. PS, Lets be friends" I almost peed my pants.

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I love your boss!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 4 weeks,
that is 28 sleeps!

Did you know?
On the Solstice - December 21, 2012 when we arrive in Costa Maya, the Sun, Earth and the centre of the Milky way will be aligned for the first time in 26,000 years. At 11:11AM universal time (6:11AM ship time, I think), it is the completion of the 5,125 year Ancient Mayan Long Count Calendar. Is this an end point, or the start of a new cycle? And I always thought that 11:11 was a special time of the day to make a wish. At least that is what my kids always said, “Hey mom, it is 11:11, make a wish!”

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

800px-Chacchoben.JPG

Another Saturday, another WVU loss and instead of just one niece and nephew crying over the loss, I had two nieces crying and a nephew crying. My little sister was not to impressed her DD learned football! When my sister heard her DD crying and asked where her boo boo was, Cecilia said, "my boo boo is because West Gaginia lost. I got yelled at for corupting her daughter. This has not been a good falll for me! And I turn 30 in 3 days...

I passed 2 BaB's on to DS when he was born, then we took him at his 3rd bday to get Rudolph. He actually loved them from age 3-4, and when I asked him yesterday if he wanted to get the Grinch, he said he didn't want any more. Guess it is a girl thing. Will just have to go by myself.

Oh my goodness, me too. I tried homemade ornaments once (as an adult), the clear balls and I wrote on them. Stupidest looking thing, but I think my mother still hangs it.

Emily, I hear you. I am very outgoing in a group where I already know people, or in a situation where I am the "expert" and people are asking me questions. Put me in with a group of other preschool parents, or a party for friends/coworkers of DH, I tend to stand in one spot and just people watch. One sister is the same, so it must come naturally.
Just so no one will be surprised when we board quietly, but hopefully disembark knowing everyone!
My nephew still loves BAB but won't admit it to anyone. He has the sports mascot ones and all his bears are in sport uniforms.

My ornaments are store bought. I just don't have the creativty to be making them!

I am glad I am not the only shy one. I am hoping that talking on the boards and getting to know everyone before hand will help me feel like we are already friends so that I will feel comfortable. I have gotten better when my sister isn't around but she is the social queen and I use her as my crutch a lot when she is around and don't want to fall into old habits.
It was so much fun but I won't do trivia without my friends cause they were the brains of the team and they are not going on this cruise. I don't remember things like I used to so I wouldn't get very far.
What are ADRs? Am I misssing out on something?
Judy

We lost our brains as well so if you are looking to join a team of former tagalongs, feel free to join us. It might be fun to get every question wrong!
ADR is advanced dining reservation

They also have them at places like Claire's. I think they ran in the $12-$15 range there.

I have sensative skin and can't normally use things from Claire's. It has to be the real metal. I even have issues with laundry soap and dryer sheets!

We would like to be added for the christmas ornements exchange. Any suggestion who I could contact for this?:joker:

I am the contact person How many people in your group will be doing it?

Safe Travels! 40 years should get you on Match your Mate!
He moved Oct 1, so he's been commuting the 400 miles to see us most weekends. If we seem stand-offish on the cruise, it's only because we are looking forward to some much needed family time, so the timing of this cruise will be perfect.

Enjoy the family time, it seems like you will need it! Hope the move goes smoothly.

We have a no cell phone use policy on vacation so we put it on airplane mode. We still use it for the alarm clock and to use the apps, like logging our runs and such and we do use the camera. As long as it is in airplane mode, we never had any charges. We have never used it for Wifi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter