EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my niece's birthday party is tomorrow and I haven't gotten her anything yet. She will be turning 3, any ideas? The party is mickey mouse club house themed. I have no clue:confused3 I have only met her a few times ( I am not close with my younger sister) so I am not sure what she likes and I am not sure what is age appropriate? If possible, I would like to stay in the $25-$50 range. HELP

If you have a Disney Store close you could get her a 'Duffy'.

Having a frustrating time with the Christmas shopping. My nephew really wants the colour changing Cars 2 cars that he has seen on you tube. Unfortunately they don't sell them in Canada. They have a great selection at the UK Toys R Us but they don't ship outside of the UK! The US Toys R Us will only sell the Lightning McQueen in store. Sigh. Now I have to look for something he won't be completely disappointed by.

Of course then I read about people's struggles with the storms and health issues and budget busters and I realize that my problems are minor.

I can look for what you want if you want me to.

Unfortunately, Boss's minor was in English, she forgets mine was in geology...For an engineer, I get stuck with writing alots of SOPs and workplans. I like to think that I am personally keeping the red pen industry in business.

Since you asked, I guess I will out myself politically, The boss had the last laugh. She didn't rub it in to much this time around. She sent me blue flowers with a note that said, "Cheer up-you got a spot bonus-better spend it before my choice(THE WINNER) has a chance to redistribute it. She had keep the bonus from me for three weeks incase I needed some good news.

In 2008, we were working in the same office (she has since moved to PIT) and I walked into my cube to a life sized cut out of Obama with the caption "Emmy-I am here to take all of your money and your guns, you better cling to your religion while you can. PS, Lets be friends" I almost peed my pants.

For as much as we are alike, we couldn't be more opposite politically but at least we have fun with it and are good sports about it.
:rotfl2: Oh, my gosh. THAT's as funny as your sister story.

What a coincidence, I live in the US :jumping1: And we have a Toys R Us within walking distance. (Coincidence or Destiny?) Is it the little one that changes from yellow to black About $7 - $10? If I can find it, would you like me to pick one up for you and I can just give it to you on the cruise? Let me know.

:o)

Ok - if you can't get it for her, pm me and I'll try.

So my niece's birthday party is tomorrow and I haven't gotten her anything yet. She will be turning 3, any ideas? The party is mickey mouse club house themed. I have no clue:confused3 I have only met her a few times ( I am not close with my younger sister) so I am not sure what she likes and I am not sure what is age appropriate? If possible, I would like to stay in the $25-$50 range. HELP

"Hello Kitty" anything. Dimples says you should get her a buildabear, but I think that should wait another year.

Right now, I'm holding things together in the office since my officemates all suffered some ill-effects from Superstorm Sandy and the nor'easter this week. I'm coming to the office early, and handling a lot of things that aren't usually part of my responsibility, but since I don't need any time off to meet with insurance people and FEMA, it's the best way I can help out!
I'm sure your co-workers really appreciate your help...every little bit eases their burden :thumbsup2. In another month, you'll really NEED a vacation :flower3:.

Glad you were able to start your day off with a laugh. You can find the comedy of Emily's life at wavebands, every night for 14 nights :)

When I first starting working here, I would tell stories and my boss would go, you have to be exaggerating and then she met my family and got to know me and now she thinks I should write a book (my wedding planning with my in laws alone can be a book). And then after she reviews my writing, she is reminded how horrible of a writer I am and changes her mind to, someone else should write a book about your life!
I'd put my family up against yours any day ;), but if I threw in the in-laws, it wouldn't be fair....there would be absolutely no competition! :rotfl2:My boss and I also share stories...and I usually win!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Having a bad time here in IN as well. Just got our car back after the deer hit us, to the tune of 2k. The furnace needed $500 worth of work. We put in a fence this week, and our poor dog Nala is having some issues, vet bill was $500. Seems everything is either 2,000 or $500. UGH!
Ouch!:scared: Good thing the trip is already paid for! That's usually the way our luck goes, too....everything happens at once. So frustrating :crazy2:.

Mine too. Mama used to say men were just little boys grown tall, and time has proven that old adage to be true;)
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Have not heard back from Gustavo - I will send him another message.

Finished two ornaments for the exchange yesterday and now second guessing myself as to whether they're 'good enough'. I guess that kind of dithering affects all crafters at one time or another. I wonder if Picasso ever had self doubts. . .
Thanks for checking on PV :). Inquiring minds....

I'm sure your ornaments will be perfect; I can't wait to see them all ::yes::::yes::::yes::! Mine, however, will be store-bought....I know my limits (both time and talent).

What a coincidence, I live in the US :jumping1: And we have a Toys R Us within walking distance. (Coincidence or Destiny?) Is it the little one that changes from yellow to black About $7 - $10? If I can find it, would you like me to pick one up for you and I can just give it to you on the cruise? Let me know.

:o)

Yes, that is one of the ones I was looking for. It would be fantastic if you could find one! Thank you so much for looking :)

So I noticed that the cruise doc booklet mentions the onboard airline check in. Has anyone called to verify this? I meant to call today but totally forgot. I really hope they have this available for those of us using transfers to MIA airport. It would be so nice not to worry about luggage! I'd like the last Disney magic I receive is for my luggage to leave my room on the 22nd and magically appear at LAX on the 23rd!

Just realized my window for WDW ADRs for my June trip opens up while I am on this cruise! I have been so focused on this cruise and getting ready for Xmas that I haven't even given thought to what ADRs I want to make!

Now that a lot of us have started packing, I wanted to remind any ladies that would like to wear their tiaras on (Grown Up) Prince and Princess night, to throw them into the suitcase! Heck... any of the gentlemen that would like to wear a tiara are welcome to as well.

I was reminded today because I went out shopping with my mother and, for a lark, looked at a dress store here in town. And, oh my gosh, they were having a sale and I just had to buy one of the dresses I found. Ok... well, maybe I had to buy three of the dresses I found. In any case, one of them is a full out "ball" gown. It's not all Disney Princess poofy, but it's definitely going to be one of the more formal on formal night. So, a tiara is in order. Which, my mother then promptly told me that I'd better not wear for the pictures. :confused3

I also got a new camera today with a good zoom lens for Canal day. It's just a point and shoot, but it's an upgrade from my several year old camera. :cool1:

Yes, that is one of the ones I was looking for. It would be fantastic if you could find one! Thank you so much for looking :)

What characters are you looking for? I see Lightning McQueen, Finn Mc Missile and the Splash Speedway Track Set.

Good Morning, Hapy Cruisers!

Now that a lot of us have started packing, I wanted to remind any ladies that would like to wear their tiaras on (Grown Up) Prince and Princess night, to throw them into the suitcase! Heck... any of the gentlemen that would like to wear a tiara are welcome to as well.

I was reminded today because I went out shopping with my mother and, for a lark, looked at a dress store here in town. And, oh my gosh, they were having a sale and I just had to buy one of the dresses I found. Ok... well, maybe I had to buy three of the dresses I found. In any case, one of them is a full out "ball" gown. It's not all Disney Princess poofy, but it's definitely going to be one of the more formal on formal night. So, a tiara is in order. Which, my mother then promptly told me that I'd better not wear for the pictures. :confused3

I also got a new camera today with a good zoom lens for Canal day. It's just a point and shoot, but it's an upgrade from my several year old camera. :cool1:

GOOD Shopping! I'm impressed. and thank you for reminding me to bring my tiara. I had moved it to my "not bringing" pile yesterday.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Thanks for checking on PV :). Inquiring minds....

I'm sure your ornaments will be perfect; I can't wait to see them all ::yes::::yes::::yes::! Mine, however, will be store-bought....I know my limits (both time and talent).

Thank you for reminding me to ping Gustavo. I had already forgotten. :worried: (Old lady is losing it!)

Emily, you might actually have persuaded me to go to a club - in 14 cruises I have never been in one after dinner - but the chance to see you in action is very VERY tempting :rotfl2:

Happy Saturday, all!

Thanks all for the birthday gift help, we pass a disney store outlet on the way to the party so we will stop by and grab something there. No Duffy though. We have an inside adult joke involving him between my friends, older sister, and DH and I. My friends got Luke and Lucie a Duffy each and we can't stop laughing when they play with them.
If anyone would like me to look for something at the outlet, let me know.

Now that a lot of us have started packing, I wanted to remind any ladies that would like to wear their tiaras on (Grown Up) Prince and Princess night, to throw them into the suitcase!
I was reminded today because I went out shopping with my mother and, for a lark, looked at a dress store here in town. And, oh my gosh, they were having a sale and I just had to buy one of the dresses I found. Ok... well, maybe I had to buy three of the dresses I found.

You sound like me, I bought three new dresses (not formal) and didn't tell the DH, he then mentioned something about a new dress and I only told him about the one..I had to have them, they were on sale!

No tiara here, sadly not one of the three of us (sisters or me) wore one for our wedding. Maybe I can look at one while we are in Disney and hopefully get 40% off....

Good Morning, Hapy Cruisers!

Emily, you might actually have persuaded me to go to a club - in 14 cruises I have never been in one after dinner - but the chance to see you in action is very VERY tempting :rotfl2:

Well now my new goal on the cruise is to get to you to the club! I will warn you, don't be surprised if I shy away and don't talk to anyone. I was exteremely shy as a kid, I didn't even speak till I was 5 and the whole being outgoing and social thing is a very new recent development that has slowly been happening since college and is a constant battle with me. My mom is still in disbielf and everytime someone discribes me as outgoing to my mom, she still corrects them and goes, you must be getting Emily confused with one of my other daughters...

In 2008, we were working in the same office (she has since moved to PIT) and I walked into my cube to a life sized cut out of Obama with the caption "Emmy-I am here to take all of your money and your guns, you better cling to your religion while you can. PS, Lets be friends" I almost peed my pants.

For as much as we are alike, we couldn't be more opposite politically but at least we have fun with it and are good sports about it.

I think that story is hilarious. I haven't heard much politicing at work, but of course, I work alone for almost 8hrs of my 10hr shift, so they could be hammering it out during the day.

Dimples says you should get her a buildabear, but I think that should wait another year.
I passed 2 BaB's on to DS when he was born, then we took him at his 3rd bday to get Rudolph. He actually loved them from age 3-4, and when I asked him yesterday if he wanted to get the Grinch, he said he didn't want any more. Guess it is a girl thing. Will just have to go by myself.

:I'm sure your ornaments will be perfect; I can't wait to see them all ::yes::::yes::::yes::! Mine, however, will be store-bought....I know my limits (both time and talent).
Oh my goodness, me too. I tried homemade ornaments once (as an adult), the clear balls and I wrote on them. Stupidest looking thing, but I think my mother still hangs it.

Just realized my window for WDW ADRs for my June trip opens up while I am on this cruise! I have been so focused on this cruise and getting ready for Xmas that I haven't even given thought to what ADRs I want to make!

Is it really that hard to get ADRs? We went in July and had no troubles getting good lunch and dinner times. Of course, we didn't do the Castle, so maybe that is the difficult one?

Well now my new goal on the cruise is to get to you to the club! I will warn you, don't be surprised if I shy away and don't talk to anyone. I was exteremely shy as a kid, I didn't even speak till I was 5 and the whole being outgoing and social thing is a very new recent development that has slowly been happening since college and is a constant battle with me. My mom is still in disbielf and everytime someone discribes me as outgoing to my mom, she still corrects them and goes, you must be getting Emily confused with one of my other daughters...

Emily, I hear you. I am very outgoing in a group where I already know people, or in a situation where I am the "expert" and people are asking me questions. Put me in with a group of other preschool parents, or a party for friends/coworkers of DH, I tend to stand in one spot and just people watch. One sister is the same, so it must come naturally.
Just so no one will be surprised when we board quietly, but hopefully disembark knowing everyone!

socababy said:

If you want to dine at Be Our Guest... Book EARLY. We booked for March 8 about a month ago, and there were only two times available all evening.

Cruise said:

Ooooooh I want a tiara! Funnily enough, I went to Burlington Coat Factory before my flight back to the UK, and bought a new dress for the cruise. it is a tiny bit tight so I need to lose that weight I wanted to!

New cameras are always fun. I will be camped out on Canal day with my newly cleaned DSLR!

what color do you want?

Linda, I would love a Silver. It would match the others. I have one more cruise until I'm gold. I told my DH we needed to do Greece next sumnmer, haha, we'll see. Thank you!

Ok you guys, your bad luck is rubbing off on us! Last night hubby was starting a fire in the fireplace, bent over to put kindling in and pulled a muscle in his back. Then today at lunch I was eating some chicken and broke a tooth! My new crown will be glued in on Dec 3. We fly out on Dec 7, I hope he uses super good glue!

I hope the healing is quick for your DH and the glue holds good...you don't want to miss out on eating!

So I have never lost a session of Disney Trivia or name that Disney Tune(I also never have answerd a question at the events) so since DH and I will be on our own and have to pull our own weight, I have decided to start some daily disney trivia. Here is the first installment.

What is the name of Walt Disney's first cartoon character?

On the WBTA Sept 2010 our team won the first ever progressive Disney Trivia. I think we had Trivia on 8 nights and on the last night we had so many points that nobody could beat us even if they got the extra points. It was so much fun but I won't do trivia without my friends cause they were the brains of the team and they are not going on this cruise. I don't remember things like I used to so I wouldn't get very far.

If anyone was on that cruise and saw Kathy (on a scooter with oxygen) and Sky (her black lab service dog) then I'm sad to say she lost her battle a couple of months ago. She had had a long struggle and was a sweetheart.

Having a bad time here in IN as well. Just got our car back after the deer hit us, to the tune of 2k. The furnace needed $500 worth of work. We put in a fence this week, and our poor dog Nala is having some issues, vet bill was $500. Seems everything is either 2,000 or $500. UGH!

Oh my, I'm so sorry! The cost of my new glasses doesn't sound so bad to me now.

Just realized my window for WDW ADRs for my June trip opens up while I am on this cruise!

What are ADRs? Am I misssing out on something?

Now that a lot of us have started packing, I wanted to remind any ladies that would like to wear their tiaras on (Grown Up) Prince and Princess night, to throw them into the suitcase!

Since the last cruise I cut my hair very VERY short so my tiara doesn't look that hot on such short hair. One less thing I have to pack.

Not much longer!!! :tinker:

Judy

Thanks all for the birthday gift help, we pass a disney store outlet on the way to the party so we will stop by and grab something there. No Duffy though. We have an inside adult joke involving him between my friends, older sister, and DH and I. My friends got Luke and Lucie a Duffy each and we can't stop laughing when they play with them.
If anyone would like me to look for something at the outlet, let me know.

I don't know if I'm shy or not but I am hesitant to walk up to people I don't know and talk. For instance, on the last cruise I would not go over to the large table of Dis-ers at dinner and talk to them cause I felt awkward. It looked like they were having fun and I wanted in on it. If you see us at dinner please don't think we are stuck up or want to be alone...say hi please.....don't be like me. I'm the old lady (Linda, you don't have the market on being old) with short salt and pepper hair and the back brace. We will be a table of four.

So, my FE order has still not arrived. I called the company yesterday and they can't find the tracking on it. It says shipped but after that it is lost. They are shipping out another order priority mail. I will have plenty to accommodate any new comers

I did finish packing my Scrapbook exchange items so that's checked off, but nothing else is. Oh well, one day at a time.

What characters are you looking for? I see Lightning McQueen, Finn Mc Missile and the Splash Speedway Track Set.

Lightning and Finn would be great, he has the track. In the UK they have the italian car and Sarge. Not sure why they don't sell the same things everywhere.

No tiara here, sadly not one of the three of us (sisters or me) wore one for our wedding. Maybe I can look at one while we are in Disney and hopefully get 40% off....

They also have them at places like Claire's. I think they ran in the $12-$15 range there.

Since the last cruise I cut my hair very VERY short so my tiara doesn't look that hot on such short hair. One less thing I have to pack.

Me too. I finally took the plunge and cut off over 12 inches. I think you're right that the tiara would look better with the longer hair (or maybe I'm just missing mine now) but I'm still going to wear it with the shorter cut anyway. :cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter