EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.

socababy

DIS Veteran
I don't believe I have seen a thread started so here we go!!! I am so excited about this cruise! What a great early xmas present this will be for all of us. This will probably be my first official vacation with just the kids and I since my Dh's passing over 3 years ago unless the grandparents decide to go. So coupled along with my excitement is also some anxiety!! It will be me Christina, Josh who will be 9, Dylan who will be 7 and Katelyn who will be 5 at cruise time!

A fabulous website has been set up for our cruise by Jeff Spencer. Please visit it at http://12-09-12-ebpccruisers.weebly.com/

DVCinderella has kindly volunteered to keep a roll call up to date as well as a list of special events being planned and who is planning them! Please see page 6, post #77 for the roll call and page 6, post #79 for all the special events being planned for this fantastic cruise!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A FACEBOOK group has been started for this WONDERful cruise! If you'd like to join, here's the link!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/313468622054824/#!/groups/313468622054824/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fish Extender Exchange

dthogue is organizing the FE Exchange for those who are interested, let the planning can begin!

If you are interested, please PM dthogue the following information - she will follow up with an PM and an email.

Dis Name
Names of the adults
Names and ages of the children
Cabin Number
email address

Cutoff - the last date to register will be October 9th - 2 months before sailing.

At that point, a decision will be made if we will spilt into groups smaller groups. If a spilt is made you will be asked if you want to gift to everyone (be on both lists) or if you want to be on only one list. Unless we get a extraordinary amount of participants, the list will be divided in half, based strictly on numbers.

Gifts - you decide how you want to gift - one per cabin, one per person, adult gifts, kids gift etc.

Delivery - each cabin will be assigned either week one or week two to deliver their gifts. This will only be a GUIDELINE, not set in stone - if for some reason your week doesn't work, you are free to deliver whenever you want - it is just a way to avoid having the gifts all delivered the same week.

Any questions or comments, PM dthogue!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"NOT a special event, but if anyone would like, I will undertake to arrange for the private shuttle from Port to Fort Lauderdale on the 23rd. Please pm your flight time and number of people (including ages of kids) to me with SHUTTLE in the subject line."

Thank you.
Linda (LindaBabe)

Hi! My mom and I are going on this cruise ~ booked it today!

This will be my fourth cruise with Disney. I went on the EBTA last year solo and then this past December my DH, my mom, and my mom's bf went on the 3-day Dream. My DH and I are headed to Alaska this June and then in 2013 my DH and I are booked on one of the 7day Mediterranean.

I absolutely love Disney cruises - can't wait for all the sea days and activities!!! Really looking forward to this cruise!!!

Hi,

we'll also be on this cruise. I'm really looking forward to the Panama Canal. Everybody whose done that was totally overwhelmed.

We went on our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera last January and had the best time ever. I'm sure this will not be only twice as long, but also twice as good. I even managed to get the same stateroom again :-)

I have already been looking at PC you tube videos and reading up on the Panama Canal. LOL Yes I am excited but I got nothing done yesterday other than time spent at the computer. I can't keep this up for the next 10+ months...my house will be a disaster! LOL

We'll also be on board! I'm Beth, and my DH is Jim. We're a "60 something" couple from New Jersey. We live at the beach, so we don't travel much in the summer, although our Canada cruise is an exception! This will be my 14th Disney Cruise and Jim's 13th. We're celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary with this cruise. It's our "dream cruise", the one we've been planning to take once we retire. While I won't be retired for a while yet, DH is retiring this spring!

I can't wait (for the cruise, not for his retirement:rotfl:)!

Beth

Just wanted to share some info my TA gave me. She said DCL transfers from the Miami port to the airport will be $20 per person and to not book flights any earlier than 11:30! I have never booked flights on my own before. How far out do most people book flights?

For the airfare...remember that it is going to be extra expensive because it is two days before Xmas! AHHH! My mom was looking at flights to LAX and Back from Miami and it was about $750!!

Also, that is the first time DCL is coming into port of Miami so the procedure isn't going to be as refined as it is when they go back and forth at Port Canaveral or any of the other home ports. It could take longer than normal for them to clear the ship...all speculation of course...

I usually fly into Fort Lauderdale for Christmas each year and the best roundtrip I've ever gotten was $350 per person. Luckily; I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale for Christmas and then driving to WDW for NYE week and then will be flying home after that :) The flights hopefully will be cheaper by then but of course I will have spent all that money I saved on WDW!!! :)

Yes flights are going to be crazy expensive coming home! I guess I should start doing some research. Do all airlines have Dec 2012 dates out yet?

Yes flights are going to be crazy expensive coming home! I guess I should start doing some research. Do all airlines have Dec 2012 dates out yet?

All the US ones I've looked at today have all Dec 2012 and some into Jan 2013.

I was looking for prices for MIA to MCO but as I've never bought an internal US flight before, I don't know what is considered a "good" price. :confused3

Southwest Airlines have not released their flights yet but they only fly out of Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach.

Gosh...I'm not sure what a good price would be for a one-way from MIA to MCO...hmmm...taking the holiday into consideration I would say anything less than $300 would probably be a good price. But I would try to book a multi destination ticket...like:
Home Airport - LAX
MIA - MCO
MCO - Home Airport

That would probably be your best value...good luck!

Hi Everyone! My husband and 2 daughters (13 and 14 when we sail) booked this cruise last week and I can't wait. We haven't told our girls yet, but we will. They will be on the cruise for 2 weeks and then when we get back, they will be off school for Christmas for another 2 weeks. What a life. Did we ever have it that good? 310 days and counting! :goodvibes

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say hello and that we are thrilled to be joining you all on this cruise! My DS & DD will be 7yo. My Dad will also be joining us, celebrating his 75th birthday.

I am so happy to be on this cruise. We were booked on the Jan 2011 WBPC, but had to disembark due to a family illness, so we never got to go through the canal. So this is truly a dream come true! I spent 18 months planning for the 2011 cruise, so hopefully planning for this one will be easier as I've done a lot of the research already...although some of the ports have changed.

I'm actually really glad to be coming EB instead of WB. I soooo wanted to go on any of the 2005 & 2008 crossings, but the kids were too little. When I heard they were moving the Wonder to the west coast "permanently", I thought the 2011 WB was our last chance. So although I feel for the west coasters who are disappointed that the Wonder is not staying year-round, I am thrilled DCL is making another trip through the canal. And coming EB will be so much easier. We will end up in Miami with a 2 1/2hr flight home and no time change instead of ending up in LA with a 6hr flight home and a 3hr time change.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! I'd be happy to help organize lists, and maybe work on our own web site (we had that for the 2011 cruise). Also, last cruise someone organized getting Maritime Certificates for crossing the canal. I believe they are called "The Order of the Ditch". I'd be happy to organize that, and help us get a group rate.

Best to all!

Liz

P.S. Thanks IrishCowboy for adding us to the searchable Wonder list.

Hi Everyone! My husband and 2 daughters (13 and 14 when we sail) booked this cruise last week and I can't wait. We haven't told our girls yet, but we will. They will be on the cruise for 2 weeks and then when we get back, they will be off school for Christmas for another 2 weeks. What a life. Did we ever have it that good? 310 days and counting! :goodvibes

My kids will have the luxury of 4 weeks off as well! I was hesitant taking the kids out for 2 weeks and still am a little. However, I have justified it in my mind and the school said elementary school is the time to do trips like this. much harder to miss school as they get older. So my kids will miss Dec 10-14, they are off already on the 17th and they have half days Dec 18-21 for parent teacher conference week. I think the only thing they will be missing that week is class holiday parties. We will do some work on the cruise my I will have them completely caught up before they return to school after New Years.

My kids will have the luxury of 4 weeks off as well! I was hesitant taking the kids out for 2 weeks and still am a little. However, I have justified it in my mind and the school said elementary school is the time to do trips like this. much harder to miss school as they get older. So my kids will miss Dec 10-14, they are off already on the 17th and they have half days Dec 18-21 for parent teacher conference week. I think the only thing they will be missing that week is class holiday parties. We will do some work on the cruise my I will have them completely caught up before they return to school after New Years.

My girls are in middle school. We signed a "home study" contract with our school for our cruise over Halloween last year and it was hard on the girls because every morning when they work up they did a few hours worth of homework and the same in the evening. Classes that they normally didn't have homework in, like leadership, communications, PE, computers, etc. they did have homework because it was like they had to make up the class time too. Never the less, the school got paid, the girls weren't marked absent and even though it was a little stressful, it was the right choice at the time. This time, they can leave the school books at home and spend the 2 weeks after the cruise (Christmas vacation) doing homework. Plus that's 50 less pounds we have to take on the airplane with us. Those school books are heavy! Whatever you decide, just do what's best for your family. :)

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say hello and that we are thrilled to be joining you all on this cruise! My DS & DD will be 7yo. My Dad will also be joining us, celebrating his 75th birthday.

I am so happy to be on this cruise. We were booked on the Jan 2011 WBPC, but had to disembark due to a family illness, so we never got to go through the canal. So this is truly a dream come true! I spent 18 months planning for the 2011 cruise, so hopefully planning for this one will be easier as I've done a lot of the research already...although some of the ports have changed.

I'm actually really glad to be coming EB instead of WB. I soooo wanted to go on any of the 2005 & 2008 crossings, but the kids were too little. When I heard they were moving the Wonder to the west coast "permanently", I thought the 2011 WB was our last chance. So although I feel for the west coasters who are disappointed that the Wonder is not staying year-round, I am thrilled DCL is making another trip through the canal. And coming EB will be so much easier. We will end up in Miami with a 2 1/2hr flight home and no time change instead of ending up in LA with a 6hr flight home and a 3hr time change.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! I'd be happy to help organize lists, and maybe work on our own web site (we had that for the 2011 cruise). Also, last cruise someone organized getting Maritime Certificates for crossing the canal. I believe they are called "The Order of the Ditch". I'd be happy to organize that, and help us get a group rate.

Best to all!

Liz

P.S. Thanks IrishCowboy for adding us to the searchable Wonder list.

Where in New Jersey do you live? We're in Deal, about two blocks inland from the beach.

Beth

My girls are in middle school. We signed a "home study" contract with our school for our cruise over Halloween last year and it was hard on the girls because every morning when they work up they did a few hours worth of homework and the same in the evening. Classes that they normally didn't have homework in, like leadership, communications, PE, computers, etc. they did have homework because it was like they had to make up the class time too. Never the less, the school got paid, the girls weren't marked absent and even though it was a little stressful, it was the right choice at the time. This time, they can leave the school books at home and spend the 2 weeks after the cruise (Christmas vacation) doing homework. Plus that's 50 less pounds we have to take on the airplane with us. Those school books are heavy! Whatever you decide, just do what's best for your family. :)

Luckily my kids are a little younger so they don't have as much work as middle schoolers. We'll probably spend abut an hour each day doing work because I want them to enjoy their actual xmas break doing whatever they normally do on xmas break! I also know that when I get home, helping them with homework will be the last thing I want to do! LOL I'm not concerned about the amount of work for my younger two, it will be my then 4th grader that will have the most work. I am secretly hoping his teacher asks him to do a small report on the actual Panama Canal. That would be a fun project to help him with! I'm sure he probably won't think so though! :rotfl2:

I would love for my girls to do a report before we go. That would make it even more exciting for them. I'm sure they have some great videos/movies too. Either online or at the library. Things to think about for this summer. :thumbsup2

Where in New Jersey do you live? We're in Deal, about two blocks inland from the beach.

Beth

We live in Bergen County, near Paramus. I see you are also taking one of the NY-Canada cruises on the Magic. We are doing that too, but not until August. Are you planning to see the Fantasy when she comes to NY? I don't know if I'll be able to make it the morning she comes into NY harbor, but I do hope to go into the city for the Christening. How exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter