• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Sun - All-Beef Meatballs with Fresh Veg Tomato Sauce over Spaghetti, Berry Salad (Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries)
Mon - Evening Class Christmas Parties for Kids (bringing homemade cookies), so they'll just do PBJ before class and the adults will have leftovers from Sunday
Tues - Chicken Mushroom Saifun (using some of the hugely discounted Asian stuff I bought - gonna use the recipe on the back of the Saifun bag with huge changes - I'll write them up when I've totally made them:)), Roasted Green Beans, Grapes
Wed - Milk-based Broccoli Cheese Quiche, Bacon, Banana Muffins, Grapes
Thurs - All Beef Kielbasa, Tater Tots, Roasted Cauliflower, Sliced Apples
Fri - Christmas Concert and 3 different afternoon activities - Frozen Pizza with side leftovers from the week (dessert table after pageant, so just worried about sneaking in some fruits and veg beforehand)
Sat - TBD ($5 protein or out - whatever we don't do at lunch)
Sun - Another Christmas Concert (oldest gets to eat at Church) - We will probably do Rotisserie Chicken with Boxed Stuffing (oldest hates it) and 2 fruits from grocery shop...

Here is my plan. Breakfasts with be oatmeal on my days off and a banana or yogurt on days I work. Lunches with be leftovers or sandwiches. I will also be making chex mix to snack on cause it lasts a long time in a container!

Sunday: Something that I find around the house or fast food because my leg is killing me today.
Monday: Frozen Pizza and Salad (Grocery Day)
Tuesday: Chicken Chimichangas and Mexican Rice (or black beans if I can't find rice that is tomato free)
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Red Beans and Rice in the slow cooker
Saturday: L/O
Sunday: L/O
Monday: Ribeye, baked potato, and salad
Tuesday: Braised pork ribs, steamed broccoli, rice or pasta
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Grilled chicken sandwiches with swiss cheese, avocado, and bacon with sweet potato fries
Saturday: At aunt and uncle's house with lasagna, fettuccini alfredo, bread, salad, and sweets
Sunday: At aunt and uncle's house... no idea on the menu though.

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. We have been doing well, especially considering my work schedule. It is my first retail season being in management but I am finding it easier than last year. Here is my menu this week. I included my work hours.

Today (off) sour cream noodle bake with salad
Monday (2-9:30) grilled cheese and tomato soup before I leave for work
Tuesday (9-5) oven baked chicken with hash browns and zucchini
Wednesday (off) pepper steak stir fry with rice
Thursday (9-5) picking up food on my way home, going to an event at church
Friday (2-9:30) leftovers
Saturday (7:15-5) chicken souvlaki with cucumber sauce, pita bread, green beans, and cous cous

Oopsie...bit late, but here is my week:

Monday-buffalo chicken wraps with salad
Tuesday-fend for yourself (mom was out--they ordered a pizza and I ate a leftover hotdog with fruit and veggies and dip as sides)
Wednesday-ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, broccoli
Thursday-leftovers
Friday-homemade hamburger helper (barf...even homemade I hate this stuff (but DD LOVES it so what can I do??) I'll scrounge up an alternative...maybe soup and grilled cheese or leftover ham if there is some)
Saturday-girls will not be doing dinner at home, boys will probably make Kraft Dinner (mac and cheese) or cereal because we girls find those unacceptable as dinner menu items but the boys love them :love:
Sunday-frozen pizza

**For lunches I have a couple of hot dogs to finish up, and I made a nice big pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday (DH has a cold) as well as some copycat Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits. When that stuff runs out, I'm going to make Broccoli Cheddar soup and Red Lentils and rice which will probably carry over into next week.

Anyone have any ideas for lunches I could take to work that don't need heated up? I feel like most of my eating out money is spent buying food in my lunch break!

Anyone have any ideas for lunches I could take to work that don't need heated up? I feel like most of my eating out money is spent buying food in my lunch break!

What cold foods do you like - salads, sandwiches, cheese plates, nuts and fruits, etc? I think it's easier to come up with cold options (if you have fridge space) than hot ones:)...

I mean, my lunch today was smoked salmon, capers, and cream cheese on a bagel with an apple and a homemade vanilla dipped pretzel rod and a 16.9 oz decaf diet coke (I splurged today for Friday - usually I have leftovers:)). Bought out, I think it would be
Smoked salmon bagel - $10
Chocolate (or vanilla) dipped pretzel - $2
Apple - $1
Soda - $1
Total - $14

Bought from the store and made here, it was...
1/2 of smoked salmon 3oz package (ALdi) - $1.74 ($3.49/2)
1TB cream cheese (Aldi) - $.11 ($.88/8)
1 whole grain bagel (Aldi) - $.27 ($1.69/6)
Capers (Aldi) - $.10 ($1/10)
Total for Bagel = $2.22

Pretzel Rod (Aldi) - $.10 ($3.49/35)
Vanilla Dip (Aldi) - $.20 (actually way better, but it comes as 12 blocks, so even though I dipped 5 pretzels/block, I have to use a whole one) ($2.49/12)
Sprinkles - $.05 (this is too hard to compute, but I paid a $1 for the bottle:)
Total for pretzel = $.35

Apple (Grocery) - $.33 ($1/lb and it's a 1/3 lb)

Soda (Grocery) - $.42 ($2.50/6)

Total for Making at home - $3.32 (and this is my priciest lunch - I wish I could eat it every day, but most days, if I have a bagel, I just do the cream cheese:)...and it's exactly the way I like it:)...

Well of course, there's the standard stuff like:

Sandwiches
Subs
Bagel w cream cheese or pb
entree salads (chicken caesar, cobb, chef, southwest, egg salad, etc)

...or you could take some of any of the following small bites and pull together a nice meal:

fruit (fresh or dried)
veggies and dip
crackers
cheese
nuts/seeds
hard boiled egg
meat
popcorn
granola bar
baked beans (some people eat them cold)
bread rolls
chips
pretzels
cheesies
tortilla chips
guacamole
hummus
yogurt
cottage cheese

Monday: H's work Christmas party
Tuesday: My workout studio's Christmas party
Wednesday: Budget Bytes Vegetable pot pie http://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/12/vegetable-pot-pie-skillet-cheddar-biscuit-topping/
Thursday: Slow cooker Mexican beef into tacos, chips and salsa http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-mexican-shredded-beef/
Friday: I have my late night at work. I"ll have leftovers there, and H will have left overs at home
Saturday: Grilled marinated chicken, Caesar salad, cheddar biscuits, carrots. Red velvet cookies for dessert
Sunday: Christmas dinner at my aunt's house

We've been doing well at eating at home- slacker here hasn't been posting though..I am still figuring out this baby thing though

Monday: lasagna, salad (had lasagna)
Tuesday: thinking costco fish burgers with some sides tbd (DD sprung on me that she needed a secret santa gift for Wed- not happy as had to pack up the baby who wasn't feeling well in -15...grabbed pizza on the way home
Wednesday: Thai stirfry with turkey (had homemade chicken fingers, fries, salad)
Thursday: beef stew (had grilled cheese and tomato soup)
Friday:at a work xmas/retirement party (at the work thing)
Saturday: may be having friends over for a fondue
Sunday: chicken tortilla soup

I found this new app called everything so it allows me to make multiple lists including meal lists so going to try this meal planning out:

Sun 12.18 eqyptian mac & cheese [trying to find something homemade similar to skip's mac & cheese from jungle skipper canteen
Mon 12.19 orange chicken & fried rice
Tues 12.20 ground beef tacos / nachos
Weds 12.21 bbq pulled chicken sandwiches
Thurs 12.22 garlic chicken breasts with rice and veggies
Fri 12.23 ham & cheese calzones
Sat 12.24 lasanga
Sun a.m. 12.25 i am making hubby the babotie from the boma breakfast buffet because he loves it and its a good breakfast casserole dish.

Plus he is home the whole following week (26th-30th) so a lot of these dishes ive made with the idea he can eat left overs for lunch or dinners when i am working late.

Menu Plan - Week of 12/17

Saturday- out to dinner
Sunday - cordon blue, roasted carrots, steamed broccoli
Monday - tomato meat sauce over spaghetti squash
Tuesday - meatloaf, sweet potatoes, beets, zucchini
Wednesday - pot roast
Thursday- stuffed acorn squash
Friday - leftovers

Man, I am behind planning b/c of the season:). I know today, tomorrow, and Christmas (still deciding Christmas Eve, when I will cook:)...
Sun - Frozen Pizza, Roasted Green Beans, Raspberries
Mon - Homemade 3 Cheese Stuffed Shells with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Roasted Carrots, Grapes
Tues - ?
Wed - ?
Thurs - ?
Fri - ?
Sat - ? I am thinking of either fancy apps, cheese fondue, or both
Sun (Christmas) - Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast, Hickory Farms spread for lunch with fresh fruits, and "The Christmas Story" dinner (take out Peking Duck with extra seedless cucumber and green onion, Lo Mein, Fried Rice, and my homemade fruit salad) and Christmas Cookies and "Pineapple Delight" for dessert (Family tradition - it's a fake British fool with mini marshmallows, heavy cream, and crushed pineapple - it is terrible for you and my once a year splurge for the best thing to eat ever - sour sweet is awesome:))

I'll update as I decide the rest:)...

Getting my menu pinned down for the week.

Tonight we will have lasagna with garlic bread and salad
Tomorrow will be pepper steak stir fry (was on the menu last week and I was ill and did not get to make it)
Tuesday I work late so it will be leftovers and clean out the fridge night
Wednesday will be chicken and dumplings
Thursday I am going to Costco with my aunt and we will have dinner in the food court
Friday will be soup and sandwiches
Saturday wil be whatever looks good at Costco that is easy. I work until 6pm so food needs to be easy
Sunday we have christmas dinner at my aunt's house

Mon-breakfast for dinner (peameal bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruit)
Tues-bacon and egg bagels, not sure of fruit or veg yet
Wed-burritos, veggies and dip
Thurs-appetizer night
Fri-leftovers/clean out the fridge (I can make a homemade pizza if we are low on leftovers)
Sat-at my mom's
Sun-at my aunt in law's

Aaaah! I've been working some crazy and longer hours so I haven't been posting on here, but have been sticking to eating out only once a week- though this past week we didn't at all. I'm off today so I'll be baking Christmas cookies. Menu for this week is (including my work times):

Sun (2pm-12:30am)- the guys had leftover Puerto Rican style chicken in tortillas and I took leftover pasta
Mon (off)- black bean quesadillas with salad
Tue (7am-4pm)- crock pot roast with rice & veggies
Wed (2pm-12:30am)- baked potato mini casseroles
Thu (2pm-12:30am)- pork chops with white beans and peppers (we still have peppers growing in the garden!!!)
Fri (off)- chicken or tuna pitas with carrots and Ranch
Sat (4am-1pm)- out to eat Chinese- a silly tradition before church, modeled after the movie "A Christmas Story"- we didn't do it one year and I thought we were going to have a revolt!
Sun (off) Christmas dinner including ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, and chocolate icebox pie
Mon (6am-4pm)- chili dogs and fries
Tue (off for a week!) going to visit older DS at his base in Florida for a few days, so we will be eating out, but we've saved up for it

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Man, I am behind planning b/c of the season:). I know today, tomorrow, and Christmas (still deciding Christmas Eve, when I will cook:)...
Sun - Frozen Pizza, Roasted Green Beans, Raspberries
Mon - Homemade 3 Cheese Stuffed Shells with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Roasted Carrots, Grapes
Tues - ?
Wed - ?
Thurs - ?
Fri - ?
Sat - ? I am thinking of either fancy apps, cheese fondue, or both
Sun (Christmas) - Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast, Hickory Farms spread for lunch with fresh fruits, and "The Christmas Story" dinner (take out Peking Duck with extra seedless cucumber and green onion, Lo Mein, Fried Rice, and my homemade fruit salad) and Christmas Cookies and "Pineapple Delight" for dessert (Family tradition - it's a fake British fool with mini marshmallows, heavy cream, and crushed pineapple - it is terrible for you and my once a year splurge for the best thing to eat ever - sour sweet is awesome:))

I'll update as I decide the rest:)...

We had Sunday's dinner...and then had a kid get stomach sick Monday morning, so meal planning wasn't happening. When we have a tummy illness, I'm all about bland, white food, so I sent my spouse out for rotisserie chicken and he bought 2, not believing 1 was enough...well 1 was enough, so now I have a 2nd one to have tonight...so I have more plans for the week:)...

Sun - Exactly as planned
Mon - Rotisserie Chicken, Tater Tots (all about potassium and salt for bellies to get better), Sliced Bananas
Tues - 2nd Rotisserie Chicken, Leftover Tots (spouse also made too many), Stuffing, Apple/Pear/Cranberry Granola Crisp (the healthy version with all fresh fruits and a honey almond granola - had pears get too ripe, so this was unplanned, but successful, since I just pulled it out:))
Wed - Monday's meal (Stuffed Shells, Roasted Carrots, Grapes)
Still planning Thurs-Sat as we see if anyone else gets sick...

Over the last week before my summer break starts

S- grilled cheese sandwiches with ham, tomato, chutney and kale (3.5hr drive home that day from my parents)
M- chicken parmiganas and garden salad
T- Fettuccine carbonara
W- orange and fennel seed chicken with roast veg and kale salad
T- butter bean balls and ratatouille
F- don't know, don't care, back at my parents!
S- big baked dinner

We had Sunday's dinner...and then had a kid get stomach sick Monday morning, so meal planning wasn't happening. When we have a tummy illness, I'm all about bland, white food, so I sent my spouse out for rotisserie chicken and he bought 2, not believing 1 was enough...well 1 was enough, so now I have a 2nd one to have tonight...so I have more plans for the week:)...

Sun - Exactly as planned
Mon - Rotisserie Chicken, Tater Tots (all about potassium and salt for bellies to get better), Sliced Bananas
Tues - 2nd Rotisserie Chicken, Leftover Tots (spouse also made too many), Stuffing, Apple/Pear/Cranberry Granola Crisp (the healthy version with all fresh fruits and a honey almond granola - had pears get too ripe, so this was unplanned, but successful, since I just pulled it out:))
Wed - Monday's meal (Stuffed Shells, Roasted Carrots, Grapes)
Still planning Thurs-Sat as we see if anyone else gets sick...

So, decided against Monday's meal yesterday b/c I had some leftover veg and sausage to get rid of and the Monday meal will keep awhile, so..
Wed - Sausage, Broccoli, Onion, Pepper Cheddar Quiche (I loved this, but I'm sick, so my taste buds are off), Grapes
Thurs - Homemade Chili with Mac and Cheese (for the littlest kids), Mango Slices - Target had a killer deal on 93% ground beef when I was there ($2.79/lb), so they decided dinner for me:)
Fri - Leftover Chili over Tater Tots, Strawberries
Sat - Will decide with whole family tomorrow (Sun is still set:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter