Friday- corn chowder
Saturday- tortellini/sausage/zucchini soup
Sunday - black bean chili
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - stuffed peppers
Wednesday - pot roast
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - roast chicken, risotto, peas

Changing up today (and the next few days) b/c I got a 1/2 off teriyaki pork tenderloin today...So, the rest of the week...
Mon - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Mango/Kiwi/Pineapple salad (love tropical and teriyaki), Fresh Virgin Pina Coladas
Tues - Honey Mustard Chicken Breast, Mashed Sweet Potatoes (for adults), Roasted Carrots, Kiwi/Strawberry Salad
Wed - All Beef Meatballs with Fresh Tomato Sauce over Roasted Vegetable Ravioli (great deal at Aldi), Sliced Strawberries and Bananas
Thurs - Homemade Chicken Chili (Wine, Country Gravy, Wing Sauce base - it's weird and awesome - uses no cream, cheese, or tomato, but looks like it does:), Tostitos with Salsa, Clementines
Fri - Leftover Chili, Blackberries and Grapes, Blueberry Muffins
Sat - Out (Kids requested either Sushi Buffet for Lunch or KFC for dinner - that's the youngest - we're negotiating:)) - other meals will be sandwiches, chips, fruit

Skipped the chicken chili this week b/c I was missing an ingredient and instead made Chicken Braised in a White Wine/Butter/Lemon/Garlic/Onion sauce with more Mashed Potatoes (sons' request) and Roasted Carrots
So, tonight, we are having Deli Subs with the remaining sides and Saturday is staying as a day out (or I'll have a mutiny - we stayed in all last weekend, b/c we had gone out on our trip and my kids are jonesing for a meal out)...

Next week...
Sun - Homemade Chicken Chili (got the ingredient today), Tostitos, Veg Tray (Sliced Cucumbers, Carrots, Peppers with Dip) - AKA Football food
Mon - Leftover Chicken Chili, Corny Cornbread, Sliced Strawberries
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Clementines
Wed - Split Meal for activities - Frozen Pizza with Fruit for kids - Leftovers for adults (and any kids who want them) with Caesar Salad
Thurs - Spaghetti Bolognese (Rest of Ground Beef pack with some Italian Sausage), 2nd Caesar Salad (using Green Leaf lettuce if I run out of Romaine - got both today), Fresh Pineapple for kids
Fri - Chicken Enchiladas (toppings - last of lettuce and sour cream), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - One meal out and other meal sandwiches, coleslaw, fruit - might do lunch out for this day, b/c kids are jonesing for the cheap sushi buffet here...

THis week has been a bust. Mom has been sick with bronchitis and I have been working crazy hours somdinners have been interesting. I did get out early today and made homemade chic and dumpings.

Tomorrow I work 2-9:30 so leftovers will be on the menu
Sunday I work 11-6:30 and I am planning on the crockpot Mongolian beef I did not make earlier this week

Sun - pork/vege sausages, polenta and salad
Mon - beans and rice
Tues - beef/vege burgers
Wed - barley fritters and roast veg
Thurs - chicken cacciatore and mash
Fri - pumpkin risotto
Sat - out

Busy week ahead and I'm not sure of the exact order. but here are meal plans coming up:

bacon spinach pasta with creamy tomato sauce

grilled chicken salad (using up some veggies from the garden that I picked last week- that's the last of them since it's freezing this weekend)

soft tacos with guacamole

ham with baked apples and crescent rolls

crock pot meatballs with mashed potatoes and dinner rolls

chicken fried steak sandwiches with fries

Monday: Slow cooker orange chicken, brown rice, green beans
Tuesday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Wednesday: Either leftovers or frozen pizza
Thursday: Picking up publix subs and fruit
Friday-Sunday: My family is coming to Disney for a week! Going to join them for the weekend and we are staying at Poly!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Making seafood gumbo this afternoon. It's anything but budget as it has a pound of crab and 3 pounds of shrimp in it, but it's snowing, and a hot bowl of gumbo sounds so good right now. :goodvibes

Just joining in-
I used to do menus at home, but I let myself get burned out on them for a while. However, with two trips coming up that we need to save for (and a new wifi crockpot to play with from Christmas), I stocked up on some bulk items, and so meal planning is a must again so the full cupboards/freezers don't overwhelm me! So, I will be trying to not only eat at home as much as possible, but also to minimize additional grocery shopping!

First full week:
Sunday: lunch out (daughter has a cheer competition all day, so not much of a choice here), supper turkey and wild rice soup
Monday: Tacos and refried beans
Tuesday: Chicken alfredo and salad
Wednesday: Baked fish and rice
Thursday: Ring bologna with mac n cheese
Friday: Kid's choice night
Saturday: Lunch leftovers, supper meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Needed groceries this week:
Lettuce
Tomato
Saltines
Milk x3
Bread x1

Making seafood gumbo this afternoon. It's anything but budget as it has a pound of crab and 3 pounds of shrimp in it, but it's snowing, and a hot bowl of gumbo sounds so good right now. :goodvibes

You know, I have 8oz of crab and a 2 lb frozen bag of shrimp and this sound great - can you post the recipe (and I'll figure out how to reduce it)? Might wanna put this in as a sub late next week or the next one:)...

Upcoming Week:

Monday- chicken tortilla soup (didn't get a chance to make soup so had breakfast for dinner)
Tuesday- chicken club salads (made the chicken tortilla soup- yum!)
Wednesday- homemade chicken fingers, salad (more chicken tortilla soup)
Thursday- pork chops (DH took a frozen dinner as he was on nights and I had leftovers)
Friday- Beef Stew (chicken club salads)
Saturday- salmon loaf, rice (had the pork chops with rice and veggies)
Sunday- roast beef (pasta in red sauce with Italian sausage)

Last edited:
Back to having to stick very VERY close to my $100 for 2 weeks budget as this is my final week of my temporary full time spot. Back to part time after Saturday so I will have one more check with 2 weeks at full time. I am having a lot of anxiety about it.

So here is my plan (L/O means leftovers):
Monday: Rotisserie chicken ($4.99 for a while chicken at Meijer), corn bread, and roasted brussel sprouts
Tuesday: Chicken and vegetable fried rice (vegetables will include broccoli, peas, zucchini, and mushrooms)
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Burgers and sweet potato fries
Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Panera's Broccoli Cheese Soup and rolls
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Sesame soy meatballs, rice, and broccoli
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Roasted potato breakfast bowls
Saturday: One pot zucchini mushroom pasta
Sunday: L/O (or start a new week depending on my work schedule)

I had a menu all written up but last night DH decided to get back on the low carb (Can I take a moment to express my undying love for carbs?) bandwagon. He went to the store, purchased and grilled up nearly 5 pounds of beef and sausage yesterday.

I'll be spending the day out of town so will have another go at menu planning when I get back.

Saturday: Broccoli/potato,sausage casserole; fruit salad, rolls
Sunday: Sticky chicken legs, rice, leftover rolls and fruit salad
Monday: Fettuccine Alfredo, salad, garlic bread
Tuesday: Veggie Lo Mein
Wednesday: Walking Tacos for kids, taco salad for me (hubby on work trip til Sunday)
Thursday: Ranch Chicken thighs, Mac and Cheese, Salad
Friday: Frozen Pizza
Saturday: Chicken Fajitas, chips and salsa
Sunday: Turkey Tenderloins, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, veggie

Well Sunday we ended up doing leftover chicken and dumplings for dinner

Tonight (off) We had our Mongolian beef for lunch as I went out to dinner with friends
Tomorrow (off) Ribs with zucchini fries and fruit salad
Wednesday (2-9:30) Chili with fruit salad
Thursday (9-5) Parmesan chicken with creamy lemon pasta
Friday (3-9:30) leftovers
Saturday (9-3) apple meatloaf with mashed potatoes and carrots
Sunday (11-6:30) spaghetti and meatballs

Home from Disney and so ready to get back to being frugal!

Mon-soup and sandwiches
Tues-pizza
Wed-chicken fingers and fries
Thurs-chicken tournadoes and noodles
Fri-chicken fajitas
Sat-ham dinner
Sun-roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli

You know, I have 8oz of crab and a 2 lb frozen bag of shrimp and this sound great - can you post the recipe (and I'll figure out how to reduce it)? Might wanna put this in as a sub late next week or the next one:)...

Sure! I made this recipe
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/216888/good-new-orleans-creole-gumbo/

with the following changes:
1. To avoid constant stirring, I mixed the bacon drippings and flour in a Dutch oven, stirred it, and put it in a 350 degree oven, uncovered. I took it out and stirred it every half our. It took an hour and a half (2 hours on a previous time). Longer, but much easier. (Thank you Alton Brown!!)
2. Didn't have file powder so I didn't use it. If I did have it, I'd only add it at the very end, as it supposedly turns bitter if cooked too long.
3. Instead of halfway through, I added the seafood about 5-10 minutes before it was done, with the heat turned off so the shrimp wouldn't get tough.
I did go ahead with the beef bouillon, though making shrimp stock with the shrimp shells would be more authentic, I think.
It was good--I'm no conneseur as I've never been to LA, but we liked it a lot. I made 2/3 recipe with about the same amount of seafood. I went heavier on the okra, adding some just plain at the start of the recipe as it falls apart and becomes a thickener (since I had no file).

We've done really well this week :)
Monday: crockpot meatballs. DH had pasta with it, the rest of us had subs
Tuesday: teriyaki chicken, mashed potatoes (I had leftover rice)
Wednesday: Kids had frozen pizza, DH had leftover beef stew from last week, I had another meatball sub
Thursday: DH is making pasta with kielbasa
Friday: DS16 has a track meet; I'll get sandwiches and go straight from work (it's on my way home and 45 min from home). DH and DS13 on their own
Saturday: Planning on using GC and a Groupon for takeout while the Patriots play
Sunday-Monday: no idea yet but I have Monday off so will probably do tacos one night and ?? the other

Next week...
Sun - Homemade Chicken Chili (got the ingredient today), Tostitos, Veg Tray (Sliced Cucumbers, Carrots, Peppers with Dip) - AKA Football food
Mon - Leftover Chicken Chili, Corny Cornbread, Sliced Strawberries
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Clementines
Wed - Split Meal for activities - Frozen Pizza with Fruit for kids - Leftovers for adults (and any kids who want them) with Caesar Salad
Thurs - Spaghetti Bolognese (Rest of Ground Beef pack with some Italian Sausage), 2nd Caesar Salad (using Green Leaf lettuce if I run out of Romaine - got both today), Fresh Pineapple for kids
Fri - Chicken Enchiladas (toppings - last of lettuce and sour cream), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - One meal out and other meal sandwiches, coleslaw, fruit - might do lunch out for this day, b/c kids are jonesing for the cheap sushi buffet here...

Changed the week a little - only had one day of chili (amazed how much the fam now eats), so did today's enchiladas Tuesday. Today, our Church is running pizza, popcorn, and a movie night for families, so we're gonna go for the free meal and Finding Dory (so I don't have to find a replacement meal today). Saturday, we are looking at poor weather, so we are gonna save our going out day for Monday. I'll be picking up something easy from the grocery store today to go along with fruit and microwavable mashed sweet potatoes for Saturday's meal (probably chicken tenders or rotisserie chicken)...I'll have my full next week plans after my store visit today:)...

SUPER budget eating needed this week. Luckily still have some meat in the freezer.

Sun- DH and DD8 visiting friends interstate so DD3 and I will have whatever is in the pantry.
Mon- spaghetti with tomato and olive sauce, add in some zucchini noodles
Tues- leftover butter chicken, rice and green beans
Wed- chickpea cutlets and veg
Thurs- meatloaf, mash and broccoli
Fri- homemade pizzas
Sat- out at a party, kids can have grilled cheese before we go.

Had leftovers one night last week so I have one carry over meal. DH and I are going out of town for a few days to celebrate our anniversary (already budgeted eating out for that) and DS will just have some simple meals for dinner. Not much to buy for this week so that's good. I only have to go to work Monday since I'm using up my time off before I lose it at the end of the month.

Sun- grilled chicken salad
Mon- sloppy joes with carrots
Tue- DS making frito pie
Wed- DS making his mac & cheez with bacon
Thu- DS will make chicken sandwiches
Fri- Hawaiian sliders with chips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter