Easy way to earn points with your Disney Visa

hookedonears

Louisianan
One thing we've always done with our Disney Visa is to use it to pay for a portion of any new car we, or my parents may buy. Most dealerships will let you put at least $5000 towards the purchase price on a credit card. In addition to putting almost everything we buy on the card, we also put my parents beach house rental, country club dues, and any other large payment they may make during the year. Things like that help us add points in a hurry.

Last edited:
We're getting a new car at the end of the month. I hadn't thought about that....THANKS FOR THE GREAT IDEA!

I have asked on every car we have purchased and have always been told no. Would have loved those points!! We use ours for virtually everything we pay for that will take a card and don't carry a balance.

When we paid for our daughters undergraduate degree her university only charged a 15.00 service fee for using a credit card so I used to pay her tuition every semester with my disney card then withdraw the money from her Vanguard education account to payi it off.

We bought a car yesterday and the dealer we went to had a limit of $2500. I was a bit disappointed it was so low, but I suppose some is better than none.

I have asked on every car we have purchased and have always been told no. Would have loved those points!! We use ours for virtually everything we pay for that will take a card and don't carry a balance.

We have gone through the same thing and told No. After the dealer was squeezed down to a deal, they really don't want to take another hit by having to pay another couple of percent for the credit card charges.

My folks told me to use their card to buy our first car many years ago. the salesman said it was okay. but when it came time to pay the dealership backed out. we tried...

Using a credit card would only work if you were going to pay cash away, right? Because the interest rate in a credit card is much higher than regular financing.

That said, I do remember financing a cheap used car on a Discover Card. But that was 25 years ago.

We have never had a dealership let us pay any portion on a credit card. DH owns a small business and replaces 5-10 cars every other year and no luck.

One dealership let us pay $5,000 towards a new car but that was about 10 years ago. Different dealership that we bought from last year wouldn't let us charge any of it on credit card.

When I bought my car the dealership had a $2000/day limit on credit cards but they let me do 2 $2000 transactions over 2 days to equal the $4000 down payment I wanted to make.

Since my family of 5 doesn't have dental insurance.....we charge all sevices on the DV. All those cleanings add up! :-)

We also have most of our bills on auto pay through the DV such as IP, cell phones, ect.

The last two cars we purchased, the dealer only allowed $3,000 each purchase on a credit card.

We put three kids through college and were not allowed to use credit card for any of their tuition though those same schools do allow graduate courses to be paid with credit cards..We could have had a free disney trip for what we paid in tuition!!

We have always put our down payment (cars) on our Disney Visa. Various dealers - I believe the most they allowed was $2,500. We also charge our Homeowners, car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. We do pay it in full every month.

Interesting. THANKS or pointing that out!:cool1: Load our cards with most expenses then pay off in full immediately.:goodvibes

Last month we were allowed to put $5900 on two credit cards (they had a $3k max, but after some haggling they agreed to allow us to use two cards). Woohoo for extra money towards the package that needs to be paid off next week!

Alternative: I did this for the first couple of years and didn't really see the benefit since the reward percentage was lower than other cards. I/we then started with two new cards: one airline and once hotel. Now we pay our monthly bills on those cards which has a higher reward rate in addition to free flights and hotel stays. In just one year, we already have two flights that we can use anywhere including Disney as well as hotels. However, the hotel reward card also has different gift cards we can purchase. This plan has worked well for us. I just wish I could pay my mortgage on the card and rack up them points as well!

One thing we've always done with our Disney Visa is to use it to pay for a portion of any new car we, or my parents may buy. Most dealerships will let you put at least $5000 towards the purchase price on a credit card. In addition to putting almost everything we buy on the card, we also put my parents beach house rental, country club dues, and any other large payment they may make during the year. Things like that help us add points in a hurry.

I have the Southwest Visa and charge most of our monthly household expenses on it that I can pay with a credit card. I pay it off each month and rack up between 1500 and 2000 points a month on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter