Duffy Bear Leaving Soon?

I'm sad for this. Hugging Duffy was my favorite thing at EPCOT. I am glad I have a trip next month and will get a goodbye hug. I will probably go twice! Good news is I can now skip Epcot on my trips. I can just go to via Napoli for dinner and hit the gallery store.

This is Disney Bear... he came to life and went to the Magic Kingdom and was Mickey's friend for the day. Notice the mickey on the paws. This book was published in 2005 and I got my grandson a copy before his first trip in 2008. It was few years later when "Duffy" came, and then there was also an explanation of how popular he was in Japan. We took that book for him to sign in 2014 and the handler was so excited to see the book again. It was quite fun!
Sorry about the size... I'm new at this!!

81V4pAV0xfL.jpg
81UapZPZnGL.jpg

Duffy gets a bad rap because he was "created" to sell products. Well, so was every other cartoon character ever made.
Actually that isn't true. Mickey was created to entertain people in shorts before the main feature played in movie theaters. It wasn't until later that Mickey (and friends) got merchandized.

Reactions: Gru
Duffy gets a bad rap because he was "created" to sell products. Well, so was every other cartoon character ever made.

We have some of our best Disney memories involving Duffy so this gives me a big case of the sads. I don't see how they can't find a spot for him somewhere. He's also a great character meet in general. He always interacted really well, you never felt rushed, the pictures came out great from there.

That is such a nice spot of the park, I wonder what they will do with it.

No Buffy gets a bad rap because THAT'S all he is for. every other cartoon character has been developed into a full fledge identity. Buffy has a lousy backstory, not developed and only introduced to try and capture some of the build a bear market share.

greediness not creativity is why it was launched.

He has a small store at the front of the world showcase. It's easy to miss as the character is nowhere near as popular as the big Disney characters

I'm 47 yr old and don't even remember him being with Mickey Mouse. Could you tell me better where at in the World showcase? I'm going next month and would like to see him

Kenny the pirate hasn't spoken of this major change yet. So until he does I'll take Duffys leaving at rumor. But I can unfortunately see it happening especially since his merchandise has been moved from that store across from him, the Duffy statute in once upon a toy was moved to the fun finds location with a bunch of Duffy merchandise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter