Drinking around the world ... for a lightweight?

I skip the beers since there is nothing you can't get anywhere else. Like others have said - Tequila bar inside Mexico is great. Could do two of your 3 there. Then hit the sake bar in Japan - lots of choices and not high alcohol content, so you can try several.

I'm a small woman and have completed drinks around the world without issue. Just start on a full stomach, drink plenty of water as you go, have snacks every few pavilions, and TAKE YOUR TIME. If you start at 11 and go till IllumiNations at 9, that averages out to barely more than one drink an hour. Space out your drinks, take breaks, and share drinks if you need to. There's no shame in stopping partway through if it will prevent you from becoming a sloppy drunk! ;)

When are you going? If you are going durning the flower and garden festival I saw some cool stuff on the specialty menus that come out just for the festival. I am an extreme lightweight lol I seriously don't usually drink at all except on holidays I may have a glass of wine but that's really it. Anyways I also like the fruity stuff and wine is my fav I usually don't drink anything else. While I was browsing the specialty menus for the festival I noticed this 1 place is going to be serving sparking pineapple wine. Now again I don't really drink but that just sounds amazing so I might have to try that lol.
We are going the first two weeks of June :-)

I plan to be there most of the day and space the drinks out by a few hours and drink lots of water between, so I should be fine. We aren't big on wine or beer, usually we have mixed drinks.

Does anyone know what is in the Grey Goose Slushie and if there is a recipe floating around? I would love to try to make these at home! Got some GG in my freezer!

Nevermind! Did another search and found several answers on the forums.

Last edited:
DD(Then21) and I are going to do this next year. Like others have recommended, we're staring at 11 in Mexico with a CS lunch and our first drink. We will split drinks, spend about an hour in each country (drinking, snacking, checking things out) and then have dinner in UK, do the last country, and then watch Illuminations. Definitely splitting drinks and taking all day to do it.

I've have tried doing it solo, never made the whole world without having to stop. Everything is so good, I now get one and share it. Sharing lets you have a lot of different choices and not getting hammered before you finish the tour. I love Epcot during the food and wine festival

My must haves are: Frozen Margarita with Pomegranate floater in Mexico, Canto loopy in China, Grand Marnier Grey Goose Orange Slush in France, Strongbow and Leaping Leprechaun in England...I am somewhat of a lightweight myself so I generally split these drinks up over the course of many hours and definitely do not do all of them on the same day. Way too much sugar...but incredibly delicious!

First, start early and take your time. The less time you have the faster you drink and less likely to make it. The yummy sweet fruity drinks will be your downfall. Stick to beer or wine and you'll make it. If you must go the sweet route I would suggest sharing drinks or not getting in each country. Be sure to grab a pretzel or other bready snack to absorb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter