DOUBLE stroller FEB17-21/MAR14-21/MAR30-APR8/ OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone,
the stroller was dropped off at Poly. I had to replace a screw in it, it wouldn't fold. And I was cut off from the outside world, except via texting, which was spotty.
major phone issues.

So, no need for alarm...all is well. I didn't spend all this time organizing this swap to be the one to mess it all up.
I will post more about our trip tomorrow and update dates..good night!!

well I'm back too. I got your email Doxxie but today. LOL I text'd and spoke/met up w/ Kristine on the 22nd and she got the stroller and it appeared to be working/looking well.

I did want to mention that it appears as if ppl have been piling stuff up on top of the stroller as it is very springy up there, as if it could fold upon itself but it is locked in place. Just looking a bit stressed. It's really easy to forget that the stroller isn't meant to take that kind of weight day in and day out on top.

Just something to keep in mind.

And my only updated on the missing accessories is well perplexing. :confused3
They were not 'lost' at OKW nor at AKV. Neither has any record of those pieces not being picked up or even being 'lost' there. They allowed me to search each bell services room. They went through every article in lost and found and contacted the main lost and found as well although they hold items for 90days before sending them over to long term L&F. I filed a formal MIA report with OKW as they were the last place I know had it. If they do turn up they will most likely be mailed to my house as I left my addy as a contact point.

I did want to mention that it appears as if ppl have been piling stuff up on top of the stroller as it is very springy up there, as if it could fold upon itself but it is locked in place. Just looking a bit stressed. It's really easy to forget that the stroller isn't meant to take that kind of weight day in and day out on top.
I know it is a different stroller but it was like that when we were there as well. I think it stems from people leaning on the stroller which we all tend to do probably even more so when walking miles around Disney!

I know it is a different stroller but it was like that when we were there as well. I think it stems from people leaning on the stroller which we all tend to do probably even more so when walking miles around Disney!

That might be it as well. ::yes:: It wasn't like that when we had the stroller so it is something that has occurred over the past month and change. It may be time to start watching stroller/baby sales to see about a replacement. The stroller can't hold up to non-stop mileage for too many months as it's getting years of use from just a couple months! LOL

That might be it as well. ::yes:: It wasn't like that when we had the stroller so it is something that has occurred over the past month and change. It may be time to start watching stroller/baby sales to see about a replacement. The stroller can't hold up to non-stop mileage for too many months as it's getting years of use from just a couple months! LOL

I know! Think about how much use this stroller gets, the poor thing never catches a break. :moped:

I definitely think it's from people leaning on it, like propping themselves on the handlebars. It's very easy to do and you have to make an effort not to do it. We use the first stroller near the end of its life and I noticed it when I sort of leaned over it and felt it give some. So I started looking at it and it was locked in place and wouldn't come out but it just gives a little bit when leaned on. So I just had to watch myself anytime I had the urge to do that.

My family will be at WDW and would be very appreciative to be able to use the stroller from March 9th through the 13th. We are staying at All Star Music.
Thanks,
Mary

My family will be at WDW and would be very appreciative to be able to use the stroller from March 9th through the 13th. We are staying at All Star Music.
Thanks,
Mary

Hi, I will add you to the swap! I just need you to PM me your contact info and then contact the people before and after you to arrange the handoff. Thanks!!

hey everyone we are still here in wdw. and I just wanted to say thanks to delmar. My laptop crashed 2 days before we left, so I was waiting for a new one to be fedexed to me here, and I had to relay that post through my sister on the phone. My phone could get me on the net but I could not post:crazy2: :crazy2: . Anyway I got the stroller the next day and I will second that the stroller is getting tired I noticed that the front wheel had some play in it on the first day so I took it to the MK stoller guy and he put washer in it and tightened the screw. less play now. I will also say do not use the stroller as a leaning post or a hanging line, there is alot of play in it. I know that between my two they only add up to 76 lbs and I have been a nut about "get in easy and be carefull."
That being said It has been great haveing the stroller, my kids were like night and day, I actually had to leave MK my first day because the kids were crying about being tired,:sad: thank god we were on the monorail, easy out.
we headed back out after getting the stroller and the kids have had a great time since. Well have to go, back out and stand on more lines.
The stoller does need tlc, but for the people comming up remember that at the parks, if you have any issues with your stoller you can go to the wheelchair rental area and they have a repair guy who will help. so If you think you have any problems take it before it gets worse and don't force the stroller, if you are nice to it it will be nice to you.

Thanks everyone.:wave2:

I am interested in signing up for April 19th to 27th. Please let me know what I need to do to sign up. Thanks!

I am interested in signing up for April 19th to 27th. Please let me know what I need to do to sign up. Thanks!

you could sign up to use it 4/20-4/27. The person before you has it thru the 19th. if you want to join, I just need you to PM me your name and contact info then contact the person before you to arrange the handoff of the stroller.
I see you are new, WELCOME to the DIS!! To PM you need to have 10 posts, so once you post 10 times, send me a PM, and I will add your name to the list on page 1 of this thread.

you could sign up to use it 4/20-4/27. The person before you has it thru the 19th. if you want to join, I just need you to PM me your name and contact info then contact the person before you to arrange the handoff of the stroller.
I see you are new, WELCOME to the DIS!! To PM you need to have 10 posts, so once you post 10 times, send me a PM, and I will add your name to the list on page 1 of this thread.

The 20th should be fine because I don't know how much we will get to do on Sunday since that is the day we will be getting there. I will try to get working on the 10 posts. This should be number 3 lol. Thanks for the welcome. My sister in law reads this forum all the time and when she saw this stroller swap was open for the week we would be there she told me to join and try to get in on the swap. This is my kids first trip and they are so excited :)I cant wait to see their faces when they see Cinderella's Castle for the first time.

We'll be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning!!! We need to get the kids up at 4am :scared: for our 7am flight. We can't wait :cool1: The weather doesn't look promising..wet and chilly, but hopefully we can make the best of it. It stinks the rain cover is missing, looks like we could have used it :sad:

Have a great trip everyone, I'll post when we get back :thumbsup2

ariel07 is in the world and has gotten the stroller heard from her today. We are home and already planning our nest trip in april of next year grand gathering family reunion, may have to start another swap for then. My girlsloved WDW and we even cut out epcot, they wanted to spend alot of time in the kingdom. I will say the HDDR I liked it but my kids were not so interested, probably would not do it again. They did love the spirit of aloha. We were on the delux dinning and left with so many meals left over and was able to get it down to 8 snacks. I think it was because we were upgraded to the concierge room at the poly and had food and drink around the clock it was nice but spent alot of money on the dining plan. Thanks so much for the use of the stroller will post a better report later, unfortately I got really sick and am still battling this.:wave2:

Hi. I am interested in the 2/17 date. Please contact me so that I could ask a few questions (info is in profile but they won't let me post it here bc I'm new)? I am new to this forum and want to make sure that I get everything straight before the trip. Thanks so much!

Trying to get enough posts to be able to use this darn forum :). We will be at *** 2/15-2/22 and would love the stroller. I have a 30 lb. 3yo and a 50 lb 7yo (my boys are tall and lanky!) - is this too much weight? I know that it is for 100 lbs., but I've been reading that it's been getting lots of use and definately don't want to be the one that does it in! This is such a nice idea to do for everyone, also - definately keeping with the Disney Way!

I am wanting to possibly participate in the swap if I could. We will be in WDW from June 6-13th. Would this be possible?

Trying to get enough posts to be able to use this darn forum :). We will be at *** 2/15-2/22 and would love the stroller. I have a 30 lb. 3yo and a 50 lb 7yo (my boys are tall and lanky!) - is this too much weight? I know that it is for 100 lbs., but I've been reading that it's been getting lots of use and definately don't want to be the one that does it in! This is such a nice idea to do for everyone, also - definately keeping with the Disney Way!

Hi sorry but the days free in february are from 17 to 21, if you want the stroller for those dates contact by a PM the administrator of this swap, have a magical vacation:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! Back from the world yesterday and we are exhausted! I'll post more later...just wanted to give a quick update. The stroller may be on its dying legs. The front wheel was very wobbly when I only had the baby in the stroller (18lbs), so I tried to have my 4 or 6 yr old in the stroller with the baby at all times. For some reason, the more weight the better. Even when I have the 6 and 4 yr olds in the stroller, it is still only 75-80lbs total, and it seemed to work best then. At one point the front wheel actually fell off! Luckily my DH is very handy (hvac tech), so he got some tools and parts (washer) from the bell services at our hotel and fixed it up. There was also a screw missing on the left side where the stroller closes, so he got another screw and fixed that as well. But I have no idea how much life is left. It was still giving us some trouble after he fixed it. That said, I'm so glad we had it! The baby lived in there and took lots of naps in it. My 4yr old rode in there a ton too, so it was great :thumbsup2 Thanks again to rainy-daze for setting this swap up.

I left the stroller at the Poly on the night of 2/5. They wouldn't let us leave it at bell services, they said we had to put it with the outside valet for long-term storage (for 2-days I have no idea why :confused3 ). Anyway, they gave us the claim ticket and I texted all the info to JenLittle this morning.

If the stroller is taken care of, it still has some life :) I actually miss the darn thing! But not getting it through doorways and gates :rotfl2:

Yikes....so if the stroller dies on one of the next people (I get it in 4 days).... do we bury it with full funeral services or just prop it next to a trash? What do we do? I'm not handy with this...doubt my DH can figure it out either.

Suggestions folks? I hate to leave people stranded with no stroller if it dies during our turn.

THis is a huge bummer.

On the plus side rainy~daze...looks like you won't have to get someone to take over the swap if it dies. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter