DOUBLE stroller FEB17-21/MAR14-21/MAR30-APR8/ OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really that bad? Should we consider purchasing a new stroller? It looks like it would cost $186 to send it straight to the resort. I would pay $25 toward the new stroller. Anybody else?

I had the stroller two weeks ago and I thought the same thing if this thing goes what do I do, I had a backup plan to go right to the nearest walmart buy a new one and give everyone the option to buy in or not, and I did not have a car with us, so I told DH he would be taking a taxi if anything happened to the stroller on our time,:rotfl2: It really is a great stroller, just not meant to do so many miles everyday..... FOR MONTHS at a time. With how many people use the stroller I would probably buy the next one up It would be worth it and not that much more, my kids loved this particular stoller so much I am thinking about bagging my current stroller and buying this one for home. Good luck to all upcoming swappers and thanks to rainy daze for organizing this.:thumbsup2 :wave2:

My DH said he doesn't think the stroller will make it through the month. We were fine with folding it up, but we only did that twice a day to get it in and out of the car. If other people are needing to fold it alot and to take it on and off buses, I'm not sure how it will hold up. As for the front tire, DH said it needs to be tightened at least every other day. In order to do this, 4 philip-head screws need to come out to remove the footplate and then you can tighten the bolt on it. He said it is a PIA :rotfl:

If I were going towards the middle/end of Feb. forward, I would suggest contributing towards a new stroller. It is soooo worth it and way cheaper than renting. The stroller is a great stroller, I just think the front wheel has a little bit of a design issue. :confused3 The stroller is so great for both kids to be able to see what is going on and the basket in the bottom is a really nice size. We fit all our winter coats and an umbrella stroller when we needed to. We have 3 kids so the baby and the 4yr old used the swap stroller and my oldest (6) used the umbrella stroller. It really worked out great. It was so nice to get to the hotel and have the stroller waiting for us :cool1: And not have to lug our normal double stroller through the airport and ME. :cheer2:

Thanks again everyone for the swap, it worked wonderfully!!! :)

I'm actually getting pretty worried about this since we leave on Tuesday. I'm wondering if I should bring a back up. I looked into another swap but time is very short for me. I don't want to bring a toolbox with me to have to fix and adjust a wheel every day. I know it is no one's fault. The stroller gets heavy duty use on a daily basis and it is tired. Just sucks that it is happening right now.

Upcoming swappers up for getting a new one shipped immediately? Everyone could chip in $10 or so? I don't know how this works with replacements. Rainy~daze???

2/7-2/10 JenLittle there now
2/10-2/16 TheresaG POP **
OPEN 2/17-2/21
2/22-3/8 Danny25 POP/AKL **
3/9-3/13 2mtsa2ro ASM
OPEN 3/14-3/21
3/22-3/29 Kellya6 POR **
OPEN 3/30-4/8
4/9-4/19 YoMickey
4/20-4/27 Sherbear17890 OKW
April28-May7th Delmar411
May7-14th SSR lanand3

sounds like it needs to be replaced. how much is everyone willing to contribute so we have a dollar amount we know to work with?
maybe a different brand/model is the way to go.

i haven't been on here much lately had 2 sick kids.

i saw this
http://www.amazon.com/InStep-Runner...=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1234112800&sr=8-16

and

http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Utility-S...e=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1234112863&sr=8-13

the BOB one seems like a good deal, but pricier. may hold up better though. Let me know what everyone thinks, or if you have other ideas. We need enough money to buy the stroller. I cannot put my own money out there in hopes of getting it back, since I do not even have trips planned in the near future. And I did put more out for the 1st than I had hoped too.
These 2 I have linked aren't the only choices. The faster we choose one, collect money --we can get it to the resorts.
LMK!!

I am willing to pitch in if I can be part of the swap. We will be there may 22-29. Just let me know.

I will chip in as well if we can get more swappers to extend our the dates through Aug. At that point the BOB would be toast as well IMO esp once the heat gets to it.

If the PP joins (dates are open) then we'd need another 11ppl to bring the costs down to about $18 each.

It would be $353.95 for the stroller, rain shield and parent tray divided out by 20 ppl is $17.70.

I also think it's best if we start a new thread for a new swap/new stroller with the remaining swappers already having their dates in place in the new swap since I know Rainy~daze is looking to hand off as the coordinator.

I'll contribute up to $25 for my week, March 8-14. My only request is that the stroller accomodates at least 50 pounds per child. I'll do some research too and post a link if I find anything great. I haven't looked all the way through the thread, but have the other strollers lasted around 3-4 months each? I guess with this much use, that's really not so bad. Even if we just stick with the cheaper stroller, it should get us through the rest of our trips.
Thanks,
Mary

Who is going to take over this swap if it continues? Like I stated in my pp I would love to do it and I can do the $25 also. Juste let me know. Thanks!!

Just a small update - I received a text from JenLittle saying that she got the stroller and the front wheel is still wobbly, but it is working. She said she will tighten it again before she swaps it off. :goodvibes

I sent out a PM to the swappers around me in hopes of getting them to visit the board and say if they are willing to contribute but I don't see any responses from them yet. Rainy~Daze, has anyone PM'd about paying? I'm sorry to be a pain, I'm just stressing about having a working stroller. :eek:
BTW, Did the swappers with ** already contribute for the current stroller?

I also wouldn't mind contributing to the new stroller if it will be available for my dates of June 6-13th. I'm new to the board but do have a verified paypal account that I can send my payment from. Please keep me in the loop as I'd really like to participate in the swap. Thank you!

I would totally be willing to contribute to a new stroller. We would be renting a double. I would cost $80 for the week. We would happily contribute $50 if a new stroller could be arranged for our dates (or before.) $50 would be a decent start on paying off a new one.

Thanks for your help. Let me know. I can send a check or Paypal.

I leave in the morning and will get the stroller from jenlittle tomorrow night. I'll let you all know how it goes. Let's hope for good things. It is the magic kingdom, ya know!

I will have to talk to my husband and make sure but I think I probably could contribute $25.00. My week is in April. Has there been a decision yet as to what stroller is being purchased?

So we're up to $175, right? Do you think we can do this by the end of February? Rainy~Daze, do you want the money via PayPal?
Thanks,
Mary

there is this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-InSTEP-AR8...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

what do you guys think? it is very similar to the current one, but seems to be a bit newer model.
it is $175, but since ebay it would have to be shipped to me, then I ship it to the resort. That means the person it goes to would have to be able to assemble it.
Let me know what everyone thinks.

We need 175 to get the stroller and shipping is around 30-32 to the resort.
Don't paypal money yet, because there were 2 people who said they might be willing to take this swap over.
If so, it should go to them, I don't want to take the money on a swap I wouldn't be running, not fair to anyone for me to be involved in that.
But if it means getting a new stroller out to everyone faster, I will do it.

I see that you have March 14-20 available. We will be in Disney March 13-18. I would be interested in using this stroller. We will be staying at CaribbeanBeach. Let me know how this works.

Thanks,

Lori

Awesome! That bar in front is removable, right? My kid's will be in a hurry to exit most times, I'm guessing! Do you think if you explained that it's being shipped to WDW for a vacation (NOT a swap, I'm sure that would void the warranty) that they would send it directly and save us the extra shipping fees? Explain that it would be extra shipping plus the airline would charge an extra $15 each way...blah blah blah...I think an individual would be willing to do that, I don't know about a business. For extra confirmation, they could snail mail you a form confirming that you really want it sent to the other address, so they know this isn't fraud or identity theft or anything fishy. Thanks again Rainy~Daze!
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter