Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! 5/14

So I haven't been to Beaches and cream yet, but I would drop it. I have actually found myself contemplating this as well and come to the conclusion that I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. Maybe that helps...! :bitelip:

Beaches and Cream may just have the BEST burger I've eaten on WDW property. If I recall, the fries were good too.

Granted, I haven't eaten a TON of burgers on property, but I know I would go back for it again.

My vote would be to keep B&C. We have always found it to be an affordable table service (good too...not mind blowing or anything...). More than that though for you I would recommend keeping it just because I don't like your other options! :) You already have several DTD meals planned so this is different. I'm all for new experiences!

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort to visit but I am in the camp that 50-60 is alot for just burgers/sandwiches......

Could you just eat the most delicious housemade chips :) and a sandwich at CBR and then just go over and visit that area?

I haven't been posting, but I have been reading. Can't believe the trip is so close now!

I don't have much to weigh in on as far as what you should do for lunch that day. I do love Wolfgang Puck Express as well as the food court at CBR, but Beaches and Cream does look quite good and it would be neat to try somewhere new. So, I'm just as confused as you are! :rotfl2:

Although I love B&C and have an ADR to it in 27 days - YAY! - and love the whole Epcot resorts area, exploring in the middle of the day will be HOT! There's really not any shade at all along the walkways around the lake or on the Boardwalk itself so you'd have no escape other than popping into the shops. All depends what you're up for but, the burgers IMHO are the best on property.

I'm really no help as I've never been to any of those places, but B&C sounds and looks cool, and I've heard very mixed reviews about WPE, though I know you've been there before. I'm sure whatever you decide will be great! I can't believe you leave in just over a week!

Oh, and Happy Late Mother's Day! I hope you had a wonderful day!

I was thinking the same thing about getting a reservation at Beaches and Cream because we have never been to the Beach Club and would like to see it. Instead we decided on eating at Cape May for the breakfast buffet. They also have a dinner buffet. Breakfast is until 11:00 and dinner starts at 5:00. You would get more food for the dining credit but the times they have the meals may not work for you :confused3 Ops just read you will be without the dining plan. The breakfast buffet is $26.62 for an adult , this was dated Jan.2014 if the price hasnt went up.
I have changed my dining plans so many times I'm not sure where we are going LOL.

So I haven't been to Beaches and cream yet, but I would drop it. I have actually found myself contemplating this as well and come to the conclusion that I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. Maybe that helps...! :bitelip:

Beaches and Cream may just have the BEST burger I've eaten on WDW property. If I recall, the fries were good too.

Granted, I haven't eaten a TON of burgers on property, but I know I would go back for it again.

My vote would be to keep B&C. We have always found it to be an affordable table service (good too...not mind blowing or anything...). More than that though for you I would recommend keeping it just because I don't like your other options! :) You already have several DTD meals planned so this is different. I'm all for new experiences!

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort to visit but I am in the camp that 50-60 is alot for just burgers/sandwiches......

Could you just eat the most delicious housemade chips :) and a sandwich at CBR and then just go over and visit that area?

I haven't been posting, but I have been reading. Can't believe the trip is so close now!

I don't have much to weigh in on as far as what you should do for lunch that day. I do love Wolfgang Puck Express as well as the food court at CBR, but Beaches and Cream does look quite good and it would be neat to try somewhere new. So, I'm just as confused as you are! :rotfl2:

Although I love B&C and have an ADR to it in 27 days - YAY! - and love the whole Epcot resorts area, exploring in the middle of the day will be HOT! There's really not any shade at all along the walkways around the lake or on the Boardwalk itself so you'd have no escape other than popping into the shops. All depends what you're up for but, the burgers IMHO are the best on property.

I loved B&C but for that time of day I think WPE's menu appeals more.

Thank ya'll for the input/opinions! Initially, I tried to change the Beaches & Cream to dinner but there was nothing open except for a 9 something and a 10:40 p.m. Way too late for dinner. Then, the Ohana ADR came open so I kept the B&C lunch ADR.

While I know that it would be fun to explore the Beach Club & possibly the Boardwalk, I can only imagine how hot it will be around 1:00/1:30 p.m. :scared:

Remember me talking about wanting to see AKL again? Drawback is getting there would require taking a bus to a park and transferring to an AKL bus. We will have our car with us but I hate driving at Disney. I really really do.

Another thought that I had was to take the bus to DTD and the boat over to POR. That would allow us to get in a little DTD time and see another resort.

Quite honestly though, John doesn't like all the rigamarow that comes with all of the transfers and he's not one that likes wandering around resorts. Just doesn't appeal to him much but he'll do it. We had already talked about the walk at Beaches & Cream and the Boardwalk and he didn't complain/say much so he's down with it.

Heck, I don't know what I am going to do!

I'm really no help as I've never been to any of those places, but B&C sounds and looks cool, and I've heard very mixed reviews about WPE, though I know you've been there before. I'm sure whatever you decide will be great! I can't believe you leave in just over a week!

Oh, and Happy Late Mother's Day! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Since we won't have park tickets in hand, I know that we'll be itching to get in some sort of "Disney" time. There's always Earl of Sandwich that we could try too.

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! We had a great day!

Is that one of the reservations you need to leave a credit card for? If not, could you just hang on to it and see how you feel that morning?

Following along.... Love your reports! I'm more of a reader than a writer. I haven't been on the boards for a long time. Had to cancel our 33rd anniversary trip for May3-10... I had to have an arthroscopy and unable to travel. Rescheduled for September and I'm going even if I have to rent a scooter... :sad1: Still on crutches and just started therapy...UGH!!! Just want to let all the people following your trip report about the great backsacs you made for my group for my trip last October with all newbies and Macie's pillow case dress was great...She's still wearing it! Can't wait for more!

Is that one of the reservations you need to leave a credit card for? If not, could you just hang on to it and see how you feel that morning?

I think that I am remembering correctly that it did require a credit card. As a matter of fact, I think that all table service that take ADRs do now. Ugh! What to do? What to do?

Following along.... Love your reports! I'm more of a reader than a writer. I haven't been on the boards for a long time. Had to cancel our 33rd anniversary trip for May3-10... I had to have an arthroscopy and unable to travel. Rescheduled for September and I'm going even if I have to rent a scooter... :sad1: Still on crutches and just started therapy...UGH!!! Just want to let all the people following your trip report about the great backsacs you made for my group for my trip last October with all newbies and Macie's pillow case dress was great...She's still wearing it! Can't wait for more!

HEY! Welcome! I am sorry that you had to cancel the trip due to surgery. Hopefully, you'll be good to go come September!

I think the OR's I would choose would be either go to DTD/Wolfgang Puck OR go to another resort and eat OR stay at the CBR and do nothing...not much help, am I? ;) Seriously, it will HOT, way too hot that I wouldn't want to walk around in the afternoon sun at the Beach Club/Boardwalk. I think that is a much nicer activity to do in the evening when the Boardwalk entertainment is out.

I would honestly probably go swimming at my resort and do nothing beyond moving from one hammock to another. I always like touring other resorts, but it is a hassle to use Disney transportation to do that. I am not a huge DTD fan, so unless there was a the Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley print I want there, I wouldn't bother going there either. Long story short, I think I would just enjoy the resort.

I think the OR's I would choose would be either go to DTD/Wolfgang Puck OR go to another resort and eat OR stay at the CBR and do nothing...not much help, am I? ;) Seriously, it will HOT, way too hot that I wouldn't want to walk around in the afternoon sun at the Beach Club/Boardwalk. I think that is a much nicer activity to do in the evening when the Boardwalk entertainment is out.

I would honestly probably go swimming at my resort and do nothing beyond moving from one hammock to another. I always like touring other resorts, but it is a hassle to use Disney transportation to do that. I am not a huge DTD fan, so unless there was a the Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley print I want there, I wouldn't bother going there either. Long story short, I think I would just enjoy the resort.

Gee what a help you are! :lmao: No seriously, you "get" what I'm saying. I just don't want to get caught in the middle of the day heat walking around the Boardwalk. At least at DTD, there'd be a lot of places that we could duck into to get away from the heat. Like you mentioned, the CBR has some lovely hammocks that are just calling our names.

I really thought I had posted on your PTR or, at least subscribed! and I was wondering why no updates showed up on my list. I just read through and no, I did NOT do either of those. So, here I am! Better late than never!

I can't believe all of the changes you've made! I'm stressed out just reading them. You actually made me happy that I'm not planning a WDW trip. Lol

One week from right now, we will be at a hotel by the airport, getting ready for our long flight to Aulani! I have started packing, but I'm not anywhere near done. I had to break down and book a character breakfast for DH's birthday just because I would feel wrong not to do one.

I think that I am remembering correctly that it did require a credit card. As a matter of fact, I think that all table service that take ADRs do now. Ugh! What to do? What to do?!

Well in that case, I'd probably cancel it and eat somewhere in Downtown Disney. I agree with the previous poster, the boardwalk seems like it would be more fun at night with the entertainment out. But take that with a grain of salt, I've never been to the boardwalk and I'm not a resort hopper (at least, I don't think I am, I've never had the opportunity to explore other resorts because of time constraints).

I really thought I had posted on your PTR or, at least subscribed! and I was wondering why no updates showed up on my list. I just read through and no, I did NOT do either of those. So, here I am! Better late than never!

I can't believe all of the changes you've made! I'm stressed out just reading them. You actually made me happy that I'm not planning a WDW trip. Lol

One week from right now, we will be at a hotel by the airport, getting ready for our long flight to Aulani! I have started packing, but I'm not anywhere near done. I had to break down and book a character breakfast for DH's birthday just because I would feel wrong not to do one.

Hey Lady! Good to see you here!

Well, I am sure that the sting of not having a WDW trip is made a whole lot easier since you've got the Aulani trip in less than a week! You lucky girl you!

Well in that case, I'd probably cancel it and eat somewhere in Downtown Disney. I agree with the previous poster, the boardwalk seems like it would be more fun at night with the entertainment out. But take that with a grain of salt, I've never been to the boardwalk and I'm not a resort hopper (at least, I don't think I am, I've never had the opportunity to explore other resorts because of time constraints).

I still haven't made up my mind what I should do. I know that we'll be itching to do something-anything so I may keep it. Or I may cancel it. :rotfl:

Thank ya'll for the comments/opinions/recommendations regarding our lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream. Still not sure if I'm going to keep the ADR or drop it and simply eat on the fly for lunch. We have the dinner reservation at Ohana at 6:30 p.m. that same evening so there will be no shortage of food for dinner. I don't know why I am so indecisive about our plans for this trip other than the fact that I want it to all feel "right". I'm working on my next update and should have it posted soon. Thanks again!

What started out as an empty “do nuttin’” day turns into a pooh puff filled day!

I’ve mentioned before that I like to work in a day or two of “do nuttin” days. Days where we sleep in, rest up, swim, etc. Sunday, June 1st, was supposed to be one of those days....come on....you knew that I was going to say that I changed up the plan. You knew it! (And the title kinda gave it away too ;)) Well, you are wrong! I didn’t change it up. John did so :p

No, seriously, one evening, I was writing down the latest set of plans (because, it had to be changed due to an ADR switch-up) and John was in the bedroom with me watching television. I showed him the plans and then, the conversation went something like this:

John: “We have just one breakfast planned?”

Me: “Yes, we aren’t big breakfast eaters. Remember? I have us eating breakfast at Whispering Canyon later on in the trip.”

John: “So, we are going to be in Disney ten whole days and only eat breakfast in our room that entire time?”

Me: “Don’t you remember sitting down with me at the computer and picking out what to order from Garden Grocer? You’re the one who said “Let’s get some breakfast stuff”.

John: “Oh yeah. But Sweetie Britches, I’m a growing boy and I like to eat a big breakfast every now and then. Can’t we eat at Crystal Palace or some other place good?”

Me: “Yeah right! Like I can get a breakfast at Crystal Palace at this late notice.”

John: “I have faith. You’re the Disney Planner. Your email even says it. Work your magic baby!”

And, he turned back around to watch Swamp People. :sad2:

With “Choot ‘em! Choot ‘em!” and Tyler the Dog barking in the background, I set to work on trying to get a breakfast ADR at The Crystal Palace. Experienced Disney planner my behind....this was going to be freakin’ impossible. Click, click, tap, tap....nothing. :surfweb: I almost wanted to turn around, stick my tongue out and say “See, I told you!” But, the other part of me wanted to accomplish what seemed like the impossible. :rolleyes:

I kept the dining reservation screen open and continued on with the other things that I was doing. Every once in a while, I would refresh the screen to see if anything popped up. Nothing! :mad: Nada! :eek: Zilch! :sad1: Whoa! :scared1: Wait a gosh darn flip flopping minute! Is that a time slot open? By gosh it is! My fingers flew over the keys like grease lightning and we had a breakfast ADR at The Crystal Palace! Yes! Yes! Yes! I am the ultimate Disney planner! The feeling I had must have been the same one that Rocky Balboa had when he reached the top of those stairs. Cue the Rocky music!

rocky_balboa_on_steps.jpg

Me: “I got it!”

John: “I knew that you would Sweetie Britches. I told you that I had faith. Did you just hear Bruce say that Tyler likes zebra cakes? Are you packing zebra cakes?”

Me: “No, I’m not packing zebra cakes. You’ll be dining on pooh puffs instead.”

John: “Cool! Do I like pooh puffs and where am I gettin’ them?”

Me: “The Crystal Palace you big goof.”

John: “Oh yeah.”

:sad2:

A day or so before I made the Crystal Palace ADR, the announcement was made that you could make FP+ for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Hum, wonder if I could get one for this day? Sure, enough, there was a time slot that would work well with our plans. Actually, we weren’t supposed to have any plans other than breakfast and dinner at Olivia’s. But, why pass up the opportunity to ride the mine train if we were going to be in the park anyway. :confused3

For that matter, why not just go ahead and make a couple more FP+. Who knows, we might want to stay for a while. If not, then we’ll just ride the mine train and leave. But, just in case we wanted to stay and play, I went ahead and changed our dinner ADR at Olivia’s for a later time to allow for the play time.

Now, our plans for the “do nuttin” day now look like this:

Breakfast at The Crystal Palace at 9:40 a.m.

Crystal-Palace-Sign.jpg

crystalpalace10puffedfrenchtoast.jpg

If we want to stay in the Magic Kingdom, I have FP+ made for:

Jungle Cruise: 10:40 to 11:40 a.m.

AAA103.jpg

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 11:55 a.m. to 12:55 p.m.

DatelineDisneyWorld02122014-_DSC2356.jpg

Haunted Mansion: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.

haunted_mansion_at_disneys_magic_kingdom.jpg

Lunch at wherever or possibly skip it

Dinner at Olivia’s at 8:30 p.m.

Olivia’s is a new restaurant for us and we are all excited to try it since a lot of my Dis friends give it good reviews. Plus, we get to see another resort which is always fun to me.

**Up next: Don’t forget to pick your behind up or you’ll be walking funny the rest of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter