Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! 5/14

Your trip looks fabulous!!!!! I'm sad not to be going in May again this year, but I'll live vicariously!!

You're not on the dining plan, correct? The reason I ask, is that I'm thinking of your Kona Cafe dinner followed by the surprise dessert party. The dessert party is AWESOME and soooo much fun! It is also a lot of food. Make sure you don't eat too much at Kona Cafe! We've gotten into the habit of eating our big meal at lunch, so that we have lots of room for the desserts at the dessert party. But then, I'm a sampler and like to sample a lot of the desserts! :D

Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Sounds like AK is also DIS meet day! :cool1::cool1::cool1: I am so excited you are going to meet Kathy. She is so awesome! You will love her.

Your AK plans look great! You know I just love EE, but I like to ride it first thing in the morning because it gives me that adrenaline high! Sort of clears my head!

So excited for your that your trip is just around the corner. :cool1:

I am glad you got your ADRs worked out so well! I was terribly confused, but really if you understand, that's all that matters!

Hunter is so lucky to get to go again for his birthday (which is also my DHs!). Do you get out of school that early? We go until 6/6.

Your AK day looks pretty nice and a DISmeet to boot! :thumbsup2

Wow!! You sound like me with all the changes but I'm a resort changer and you're a restaurant changer!!! Lol!!!

Happy for you that you got Ohana.. As you know- we've only done the breakfast twice but hope to be able to do the dinner one day!!

That slide at BB looks terrifying.. I used to love thrills but now that I'm older and have children- I get scared more easily!! We hope to visit The waterparks as our children get older and can do more....

I've never done the golf either bc our trips ate always so go, go go!!

We love T-Rex too!! We've gone last three trips and do not have plans to go for our weekend trip/ only bc I don't want to fool with dinner ressies since its such a short trip ( unless I can get BOG lunch)

Won't be long now! :)

Okay, caught up. Liking your plans. Jealous that you are so close.

I have to admit I'm completely confused with all the ADR changes. My brother and I decided on park days and restaurants in one conversation and I made the reservations. I changed a time once and then once I figured out how to do it (I couldn't find the option on the app) I changed our Mama Melrose so that we had Fantasmic. That's all the changing I've done. Oh, wait, I think I had to add a person once. But we're sticking with what we have now. I think. Unless I can find an earlier TRex.

How in the world did you do it all in one swoop? I did that at first but then changed up a lot of things. Remember that you can call T-Rex directly and see if they have something earlier.

I've done both mini-golf places and we prefer Winter Summerland. It's been a while since we were there, but we always enjoy it. I love Blizzard Beach but I'm a water park person. We've done both that and Typhoon Lagoon several times. For some reason Typhoon Lagoon seems to have more to me, but it probably doesn't. As far as Summit Plummet, I didn't think I'd EVER ride it, but when my 7 year old insisted he was going I figured I'd better go too. It wasn't that bad, but your bathingsuit does end up coming out your nose if you're a girl.

Hunter is a water person and John and I are pretty middle of the road when it comes to them. However, we do enjoy ourselves at the Disney water parks. I heard some stories about the bathing suits at Summit Plummet.

You're going to all my favorite restaurants. We won't have time to get everything in this time because we're spending three days at Universal (just me and the boys, my brother is staying at Disney). I'm seriously thinking about letting the boys skip school on Friday so we can leave earlier and stay an extra night and have an extra sit-down meal. And by "seriously considering" I mean, when I get the money in August that I'm using to add dining and park-hopping I will be adding an extra night to our stay.

Looking forward to your next post! :dance3:

Yay for going to Universall too! I really thought that I might work it into our plans this year but we chose to do the water parks since it was cheaper than a day at Universal. I hope that you get to leave a day earlier! It's always nice to have extra time in Florida.

Wow, all your ADR switching made my head spin! Glad you got everything you wanted and have it all figured out!

Blizzard Beach looks awesome, but we never do the waterparks as we live in the "Waterpark Capitol of the World" aka Wisconsin, so we just can't justify the $$$ on something we do here all the time. I'd love that huge slide, though!

Winter Summerland looks fun! Maybe we'll try that this year!

And you AK day is awesome. I love the walking trails there. Your trip is so close!

I finally feel like the dinner reservations are "right".

I can certainly understand why you wouldn't spend the money on the water parks if you have so many near your hometown. We haven't had a water park here since we were in our late teens when someone drown and they closed the park down.

I am happy with our AK day plans especially since Kathy and I will finally get to meet!

Page 20? How in the world have I missed 19 pages? I am going to be trying to catch up for hours.........:surfweb: :lmao:.

Nah, I haven't really written a ton of stuff and I have links on the first page.

This thread is great! I am glad however it's not me planning all these ADR's. Hubs said if we want to extend our trip drop the Tbl service. So for an extra 3 days there I'll deal with counter service!! Plus we are going during the food and wine :)

Thank you and welcome!

Oh yeah, I'd eat counter service if it meant three more days too!

:banana: :banana: We are in AK on the 31st as well!!! :banana: :banana:

And our FP+ for Safari is 9:15 - 10:15 a.m.! :banana: :banana:

So if you hear some crazy woman hollering, "HEY LISA!!!" it may be me!

Your plans look great! I also miss FOTLK!!

I was just over on your trip report trying to catch up. Here lately, I've found myself reading but forgetting to post.

Yay! Sounds like we are going to get to see each other!

Love the AKL plans! I especially love that you planned some downtime for walking through the trails and seeing the animals, that's my favourite part of ak.
Great pics of the gorillas! Here's hoping your luck keeps up and you get to see some great animal sights like that again!
I haven't eaten at Planet Hollywood in a while, sounds good :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Your trip looks fabulous!!!!! I'm sad not to be going in May again this year, but I'll live vicariously!!

You're not on the dining plan, correct? The reason I ask, is that I'm thinking of your Kona Cafe dinner followed by the surprise dessert party. The dessert party is AWESOME and soooo much fun! It is also a lot of food. Make sure you don't eat too much at Kona Cafe! We've gotten into the habit of eating our big meal at lunch, so that we have lots of room for the desserts at the dessert party. But then, I'm a sampler and like to sample a lot of the desserts! :D

Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Awww, I hate that you aren't going in May. I forgot to look at your ticker to see if you have a trip planned.

We are actually on the dining plan but are paying out of pocket for a few meals. I made the early ADR at Kona in the hope that we'd have some time in between our meal and the dessert party. I know that we'll want to sample all of the dessert goodies.

I wonder if I could find an ADR that's a wee bit earlier.

Sounds like AK is also DIS meet day! :cool1::cool1::cool1: I am so excited you are going to meet Kathy. She is so awesome! You will love her.

Your AK plans look great! You know I just love EE, but I like to ride it first thing in the morning because it gives me that adrenaline high! Sort of clears my head!

So excited for your that your trip is just around the corner. :cool1:

It's going to be great to finally get to meet Kathy after all these years!

I thought of you when I was looking through my Expedition Everest pictures. I actually took more than I remembered. Don't know how I did it since I am usually hanging on like a spider monkey.

I am glad you got your ADRs worked out so well! I was terribly confused, but really if you understand, that's all that matters!

Hunter is so lucky to get to go again for his birthday (which is also my DHs!). Do you get out of school that early? We go until 6/6.

Your AK day looks pretty nice and a DISmeet to boot! :thumbsup2

I've got everything written down and I'll type it all out too.

We do get out earlier than you guys but we also start earlier. Hunter's last day is May 22nd. They started on August 14th.

Wow!! You sound like me with all the changes but I'm a resort changer and you're a restaurant changer!!! Lol!!!

This trip has been worse than any other. I think that's because FP+ has been thrown into the mix.

Happy for you that you got Ohana.. As you know- we've only done the breakfast twice but hope to be able to do the dinner one day!!

It's not Hunter's favorite place to eat but he does love the meat and bread there.

That slide at BB looks terrifying.. I used to love thrills but now that I'm older and have children- I get scared more easily!! We hope to visit The waterparks as our children get older and can do more....

The more I think about it, the more I think that I'm going to skip Summit Plummet. It looks so scary!

I've never done the golf either bc our trips ate always so go, go go!!

We love T-Rex too!! We've gone last three trips and do not have plans to go for our weekend trip/ only bc I don't want to fool with dinner ressies since its such a short trip ( unless I can get BOG lunch)

Won't be long now! :)

Still no lunch with lunch at Be Our Guest?

Love the AKL plans! I especially love that you planned some downtime for walking through the trails and seeing the animals, that's my favourite part of ak.
Great pics of the gorillas! Here's hoping your luck keeps up and you get to see some great animal sights like that again!
I haven't eaten at Planet Hollywood in a while, sounds good :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I absolutely love walking the trails at the Animal Kingdom! It totally makes my day.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the gorillas will be out and about again this trip. I could watch them all day.

We have 5:05 at Kona the night of the Dessert Party. If you move it up we might run into each other before the party. We are 5 o'clock dinner eaters but I'm trying to find a ressie open for a little earlier, I want to make sure I'm starving for the Dessert Party.

We have 5:05 at Kona the night of the Dessert Party. If you move it up we might run into each other before the party. We are 5 o'clock dinner eaters but I'm trying to find a ressie open for a little earlier, I want to make sure I'm starving for the Dessert Party.

I usually come home from work and start dinner immediately. Otherwise, I'd probably plop down and not want to get up. :p Florida time is an hour ahead of us so eating at 5:00 is really 4:00 our time. I may possibly see if I can move it up 30 minutes or so though.

I usually come home from work and start dinner immediately. Otherwise, I'd probably plop down and not want to get up. :p Florida time is an hour ahead of us so eating at 5:00 is really 4:00 our time. I may possibly see if I can move it up 30 minutes or so though.

I just looked at the Disney website and found a.....get this......5:05 p.m. at Kona! Looks like the chances of us running into each other just got better!

Still no lunch with lunch at Be Our Guest?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not yet but it is all good... If we don't get to do it, I am not going to stress it. We will be back in February or March anyways for longer and it won't be so rushed :)

I just looked at the Disney website and found a.....get this......5:05 p.m. at Kona! Looks like the chances of us running into each other just got better!

Oh cool! I keep forgetting about being in a different time zone. I think 5:05 will work just fine.

Still no lunch with lunch at Be Our Guest?

Nope, not yet but it is all good... If we don't get to do it, I am not going to stress it. We will be back in February or March anyways for longer and it won't be so rushed :)[/QUOTE]

I think that I wouldn't worry about lunch at Be Our Guest then. Save it for the next trip.

Oh cool! I keep forgetting about being in a different time zone. I think 5:05 will work just fine.

Scratch what I said earlier....made a change after Hunter called after school. He asked how many times we were going to the Polynesian this trip and I said two. (Ohana and Kona). He asked if we could "mix it up" and go to another monorail resort instead of Kona. We are now eating at Grand Floridian at 5:00 p.m. Still should see each other at the dessert party. :thumbsup2

With the Seven Dwarves Mine Train opening while you are there, were you able to get fast pass + for it? I have no idea if they are even available, just curious.

With the Seven Dwarves Mine Train opening while you are there, were you able to get fast pass + for it? I have no idea if they are even available, just curious.

I forgot to tell ya'll that I got FP+ for the mine train. Not one but two! One on opening day and one for later in the trip. I'm excited!

Wow looks like you have been busy with ADR's :rotfl: I have been doing the same checking and stalking :rotfl:
Let us know if Hunter makes the American Idol Experience ! That would be awesome, hope he does.

I forgot to tell ya'll that I got FP+ for the mine train. Not one but two! One on opening day and one for later in the trip. I'm excited!

Yea I got mine to for opening day and another day. We were in MK the last day Snow Whites Scary Adventure was opened and rode it, so I was excited that we would be there when this officially open. I'm a little worried about the crowds but I figure while everyone is running to SDMT and A&E we have low waits everywhere else that day.

I don't blame Hunter for wanting to mix things up. We ate Ohana's last trip and I was trying to make myself go eat at another resort to see something different but the bread at Kona's, the sushi, and the drink in the pineapple won me out. We've never been in the GF, and the CR we've only seen the inside from the monorail. I'm thinking if we have time after dinner we might have to go on a monorail tour before heading back to MK.

My daughter Abby went on Summit Plummet on our first trip. We watched her come down and went over to where she would get out and waited for about five minutes. (ok maybe not that long but she didn't pop right out) When she finally emerged I asked what took so long, hoping she hadn't gotten hurt, she said she had a wedgie, and she wasn't getting out of the flume until it was corrected. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter