Do I pack or do I wash????

Dis#1

Earning My Ears
I will be staying on-site for the first time in October. Our trip will last a total fo 10 days and I'm unsure if I should pack enough clothes (2 adults, 2 kids) for the entire stay or just plan on doing some wash midway through the trip.
What are facilities like at CB & which hassle is the lesser of 2 evils????

I've not done any laundry while at Disney, but reading posts from others who have, you have to do either early in the morning, or late at night otherwise the laundry facilities are pretty full. I've also read it's pretty expensive to do laundry somewhere around $2.00 a wash and dry. Some people have rented a car and gone off property somewhere to do laundry so that could be an option. I hope this helps...if anything this post has bumped you back up to the top.

Steven

We did a couple (maybe4 at the most) loads. One night towards the middle of our trip, later in the evening. Actually my hubby did the laundry while I went to E-night with our oldest daughter.:D

I still overpacked though. I'm really bad about that.

It was nice not having those really grubby sweaty clothes lying around.

We usually wash half way through the trip. And yes, depending on where you are staying, it could be crowded.

And that is correct $2.00 per wash and dry cycle. However, the drying usually takes at least 2 cycles.

Your half way point is important also. I would say a 10 day stay is usually from Friday to Sunday. So, their mid trip wash is Wednesday.

Also, if you are flying, the rules on luggage (amount and weight) would almost necessitate doing laundry.

Ed

we are going for 11 days starting on thanksgiving and i'm having the same dilema. I don't think anyone actually likes doing laundry and I can't imagine that it's a magical experience even at disney. Has anyone ever used the laundry service that the resort provides? I'm sure it's not cheap but i might be able to convince hubby that's it's worth the money to do that instead of sitting around doing laundry while on vacation.

Our trips have been 10 and 14 days and we did do laundry half way through. I brought the soap 'pucks', stain stick and some dryer sheets. It didn't take any time away from our vacation, I put a load in first thing in the morning and went for breakfast at the food court, came back and put the laundry in the dryer. (This was at Port Orleans) I only did 2 loads but it made a difference in how much I packed! It was also nice to not have tons of laundry when we got back home!

My husband wants to have the clothes washed before we come home but by a laudry service. Does anyone if WL offers this and how much it costs?

:)
Who in the world wants to do laundry on vacation?

We were there for ten days as well, and it felt like I was bringing an enormous amount of stuff.
But, when went went last it was hot, so I packed boys/mens swim trunks for everyone(including the girls-left me with hardly any underwear to worry about!)and tank tops. I bought a lot of it at the Goodwill store(on quarter day, love that!)
Then, if anything got dirty during the day (like smeared ice cream, etc) I just threw it away.
That's my solution to the laundry quandry!

I have done laundry at ASM, CR and SOG. SOG was the best, followed by CR and ASM. Getting your clothes dry at Disney is expensive and time consuming. Half of the dryers did not work properly, and one of their washers actually tore up 2 shirts. If at all possible, skip the laundry.
If you do go, choose mid afternoon when everyone else is in the parks.

If you can find a coin laundry you can normally drop your clothes off with the attendant and just come back and pick it up. (Even the next day.) I have even done this in London, England!

This is the best reason to stay in a DVC resort. A washer and dryer in your room (1 bedroom or larger).

Thanks for all of your input. We'll probably do a mid-week trip to the local laundry facilities at the resort.

I'd be interested in hearing more about laundry service at the resort if anyone has details.

Thanks!!!

I always do laundry mid-week. I bring laundry tablets, dryer sheets and a shout stick. I think the laundry facilities are usually by the pool. DH takes the kids to swim and I hang by the pool while I'm washing. It's usually pretty crowded no matter when I go and the dryers take forever! There's always one or two machines broken. Last time I went I swore that I would never do laundry while on vacation again. The valet laundry services are pretty expensive although I can't remember exactly how much I think it would definately be worth it. That's what I'm doing next time.

I always do laundry at least once while at WDW usually as late in the evening as I can, and for a very good reason! No one wants to "help" me. No one wants to go with me. It's time that's just for me! And the laundry rooms at POR (our favorite resort) are right near the quiet pools. What a shame...to have to sit uninterrupted at the pool with my book, magazine or needlework for whatever amount of time it takes. And the punishment for all of this "me time" is clean clothes!

Beth

When we stayed at CBR last year, I did laundry a few times in the afternoon when we took a break to go to the pool. It was convenient because the laundry room is right next to the quiet pool. I know some people don't want to do laundry when they're on vacation, but I don't want to pack 10 days worth of clothes, then have to wash them all when I get home! That's way too much laundry. Not to mention how many suitcases and how heavy they can get!

Now that we joined DVC, it's even better because the washer and dryer are in your room.

Sheri

I always do laundry midweek. We stay for 16 days and that is just to many clothes to pack. I just get up early and do the laundry at the halfway point. I pack a few small supplies to bring along.

After learning that the laundry facilities are so close to the pool area, I'm not dreading the thought as much. Because I'm travelling with two other friends & their families, perhaps we'll turn it into a "Girls night out", sit by the pool & leave the kids with their dads.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!!!!

My sister always goes with our family and laundry day isn't so bad. My girls have been old enough to go on their own for years...20 and 21 and so my sister, mother and I do laundry. Mom dosen't swim so sometimes she naps. We put it in take a swim and then go back and change to dryer. This year we have DGS going so Grandpa will have company on laundry day. He may choose to join us at the pool!

I bring enough clothes to last the entire vacation. It's my husband, our daughter and me and we go for 10 days when we go to WDW. Laundry is the one chore I absolutely hate doing the most at home so I have no desire to do it on vacation! :D

The good thing about doing laundry at the resort is you have a whole room of washers and dryers. It doesn't take that long. You can have 3 loads going at once. To speed up drying I take some of the heavier pieces out and just hang them up to drip dry in the room. If you are going in the winter sweatshirts and denim take forever to dry in the dryer. Save your quarters and let them hang to dry in the room, everything will dry much quicker since there is more room in the dryer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter