Do I pack or do I wash????

I did laundry for the first time in January, and it was easy. Of course, I have DVC, but don't usually have a one or two bedroom, we just get the studio. At DVC resorts, the laundry room is free, both washer and dryer, you just have to purchase soap and dryer sheets. I loved taking home clean clothes and packing less. It made it so much easier. I did it late at night, and we were just down the hall from the machines. At BCV, they are on the 3rd floor, not near the pool. We weren't far from the room. I will continue to pack less and wash more.

I guess I'm one of the few that refuse to do laundry on vacation!! We go for 10 days (2A 3C) and I just pack enough for the entire trip. I always pack extra as the kids seem to go through 2 outfits per day. I just feel that on vacation, I do not want to cook, clean, or do laundry. I would rather come home with four suitcases of dirty clothes to attend to.

I'm also an anti-laundry-on-vacation person! We are going for 7 days in November with my in-laws, and they insist on doing laundry. More power to them....but I'll skip this activity, thanks all the same! I prefer to do my laundry when I get home since I want to do and see all I can while at Disney...except the laundry rooms. ;)

We do laundry every trip it saves on depression when I get home :p I do as others and go late at night to the quiet pool or during our little ones nap while big kids are at pool does not take away anytime and it is nice not to return with dirty mickey clothes. A big tip split one washer into 2 or 3 dryers and it drys on one or two quarters otherwise it takes 6xs longer. I usually use 3 dryers and it takes only one quarter. It is never busy when I go- we have doen laundry at CBR and POR this time we are going to try it at the POLY not sure how that will go-do what makes you feel comfortable!

My last day check out is at 12 and my flight is at 6 so I will do laundry at the resort so i can relax at home.

Anyone seen the tag fairy lately??

I would love to get tagged again Pleasssssssse

DH, myself and DD1 are going to FL for 14 days. Only 10 of those days are at WDW, and they are the last 14 days. I might be able to coax the friends and relatives I am visiting the first 4 days to let us use their washer and dryer, but I'd only be washing clothes from the first 3 days, so I'll probably pass. What I plan on doing instead, is to skip the jeans and heavy clothes, and pack a lot of tshirts and lightweight capris. DD will only be 1, so her clothes are small enough to pack a lot of little outfits into one bag. It's the costumes and accessories I'm worried about (LOL). DH is on his own. We'll also be lugging the stroller and carseat for the first time, so I'm sure it'll be difficult. Instead of packing a ton of nightclothes, I'll try to sleep in my tshirts. I got the spacesaver travel bags and a value sized box of gallon ziplocs, so I'll be squishing in a lot of little, lightweight clothes. You'd be surprised how light those cheap spandex capris are. I bought them at my local flea market for 3/$10. And thankfully, even though my skinny teenage years are long past, my legs are still good enough that I won't see pictures of myself on the "I can't believe what they are wearing to the park" threads on this board! (Besides, at home, DH does the laundry...):Pinkbounc

I brought my laundry off site to a wash & fold service. Wasn't to far and we hd our car anyway. I called a few places from the phone book in the room & the prices rance from 70 cents a lb. to 1.50. So for around $20.00 you can have a weeks worth of laundry wash & folded for you. If you bring it in early they have it ready for you later that same day, if not, the next morn. early. It worked out wonderful for us. I'll do that from now on, whenever we have the car with us. I thought it was just great.

dg39,

I REALLY LIKE that idea. What exactly do you look under in the yellow pages? Laundry? Dry Cleaning?

I'll be staying at CB, how far off-site would I need to travel??

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

I looked up everything, desperately, trying NOT to do laundry. I'm pretty sure it was laundomat in the yellowpages. There are alot listed and being we're not to familiar with off site I called a few and got directions and prices to the ones closest to disney. The closer ones are more $(1.50 per lb) but the ones that are around 10-15 min. away are 70 cents per lb. 15 min. away isn't far at all. They washed and folded them perfectly. All I had to do was put them away. It was a PLEASURE and I'll be doing this from now on. After all if your staying away for a while, how much luggage do you really want to bring and do you really want to do laundry while your family is swimming or relaxing. Thats how I look at it. SHorts and t's are really lightweight so its not so much. I'll try and do a search on line for laundromats & see what comes up, then I'll post what I get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter