Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you! 4557 is a nice room and what a balcony! Wonder why YC only has 2 of these rooms...hopefully they have a full balcony, v.s. a Juliette.

Floor layouts could be different from YC to BC, but the BC has 4 deluxe rooms , I may be wrong but I wanna say there is one on each of the 4th , 3rd , 2nd and 1st , no idea what the other room numbers were but we have requested 4557 again this as it was tucked away i the corner but wasnt too far from the elevator to get up to the 5th floor

YC Nov 4-11 confirmed!!! I've had a reservation for a while but was never able to add a discount. Magically rooms became available for part of the trip (Nov 8-11) and I was able to snag that and guest services modified my original reservation. It wasn't a huge savings but I had pretty much given up on getting any discount so it made my day when it all worked out. The only issue is that I am not guaranteed to stay in the same room. Any tips on increasing the odds of not having to change rooms on the 8th?

YC Nov 4-11 confirmed!!! I've had a reservation for a while but was never able to add a discount. Magically rooms became available for part of the trip (Nov 8-11) and I was able to snag that and guest services modified my original reservation. It wasn't a huge savings but I had pretty much given up on getting any discount so it made my day when it all worked out. The only issue is that I am not guaranteed to stay in the same room. Any tips on increasing the odds of not having to change rooms on the 8th?
If the room category is the same, call back and ask them to notate your first reservation that you are continuing on under the other confirmation number, with a request to remain in the same room. Also, when you check in at the front desk, mention the second confirmation number, and ask if they can keep you in the same room.

Thank you very much, we are really excited already... OK I say we, my Mum and I are thrilled the guys are "uhhuh cool"!

Off topic for this forum but I had wondered about booking Narcoosee's for our first night on property in order to watch fireworks and then EWP but have read some very iffy reviews of Narcoosee's from all very reputable sources saying the service/food is not worth the price... Anybody have any input on this? I add to this by saying my Dad is hard to please with restaurants. We will definitely go to Jiko as I think that will be a hit. I had just thought fireworks and EWP would be a nice first night - may play it safe with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks...

I would do an Epcot restaurant with fireworks. We are just not impressed with Narcoossee's at all, I don't like the feel of the restaurant, it is louder than I prefer, and has a really odd set up especially if you are seated on the far sides, neither DH nor I liked our food and the service was pretty nonexistent.

I believe you can request an earlier housekeeping time. Don't pass up staying at the YC because of this. The YC was really beautiful and the rooms are so nice clean/modern. We loved staying there.

We tried requesting early housekeeping at the BWI. It didn't work once, LOL. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence on the YC, I think it just may get a try on our next trip.

We tried requesting early housekeeping at the BWI. It didn't work once, LOL. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence on the YC, I think it just may get a try on our next trip.
All but 1 day, our room was cleaned by 2 last week at the BC. It is possible. We didn't request early either.

Off topic for this forum but I had wondered about booking Narcoosee's for our first night on property in order to watch fireworks and then EWP but have read some very iffy reviews of Narcoosee's from all very reputable sources saying the service/food is not worth the price... Anybody have any input on this? I add to this by saying my Dad is hard to please with restaurants. We will definitely go to Jiko as I think that will be a hit. I had just thought fireworks and EWP would be a nice first night - may play it safe with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks...

You can't beat the ease, the quality and the variety of the Epcot restaurants when you're staying at YC/BC, but if you're looking for a restaurant at a hotel, last trip our surprise standout was Boatwrights at POR. We booked it not expecting much, but it was great. Good food, good service. A bit of a wait to be seated after our ADR time, but it was a holiday week (NYE to Marathon weekend) so everything was busy everywhere. We'll be booking it again, that's for sure.

Seriously, just my two cents - but my dad is hard to please with restaurants as well. The one and only trip to Narcoosee's that we made ended with him saying "We wasted two dining credits on that?" Obviously, different strokes for different folks, and it's highly possible we are in the minority for that time frame. If it were me? I'd go with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks.

We've dined at Narcoossee's twice and I think we are done with that restaurant. The place is very noisy and not very relaxing. The food is okay but not spectacular in my opinion. We ate at Citrico's this past July and my husband's filet was excellent. And Citrico's is more our style and we will go back there again. We ate there on July 3rd because we wanted to watch the MK special fireworks from the marina, right in front of Gasparilla's. It was a wonderful view and they pipe in the music. There are places to sit, too.

We also like Artist Point. It never seems crowded and the restaurant is lovely.

I would do an Epcot restaurant with fireworks. We are just not impressed with Narcoossee's at all, I don't like the feel of the restaurant, it is louder than I prefer, and has a really odd set up especially if you are seated on the far sides, neither DH nor I liked our food and the service was pretty nonexistent.

You can't beat the ease, the quality and the variety of the Epcot restaurants when you're staying at YC/BC, but if you're looking for a restaurant at a hotel, last trip our surprise standout was Boatwrights at POR. We booked it not expecting much, but it was great. Good food, good service. A bit of a wait to be seated after our ADR time, but it was a holiday week (NYE to Marathon weekend) so everything was busy everywhere. We'll be booking it again, that's for sure.

Wow. Thank you everyone, I would say that is a pretty consistent view that Narcoossee's is not for us!! Really appreciate your input and confirmation of what I was already thinking. It's such a shame though as it's a fab location. The fact that it is loud particularly puts me off, we don't mind louder QS or some TS restaurants but I think signatures should be a relaxed yet refined atmosphere! Thanks again everyone, you're all very friendly on this forum!! As an update I am looking at Tokyo Dining now, 3/4 of us love sushi and there seems to be great options for non-sushi lovers. Then a late-night dessert in France!

Recent Turn Down Reports Wanted- BC and YC

I have heard from a recent guest (not staying CL) who requested and received turndown service.

Recent guests- has anyone else requested/received turndown? Or not?

How about Club Level guests? Are you receiving turndown service? Automatically? By request? Not at all?

:thanks:

I have heard from a recent guest (not staying CL) who requested and received turndown service.

How about Club Level guests? Are you receiving turndown service? Automatically? By request? Not at all?

I was at BC the 15-23rd, standard club level. I didn't request turn down. I unexpectedly received it one night towards the end of my trip. Just had it that one night.

BUMP!!!

Has anyone done the "Day Cruise Around the World" recently introduced in June? I tried to do a search and came up empty. I only saw the IllumiNations cruise and the Albatross Treasure Cruise.

I saw this on the Disney site, but was interested in other reviews, details, or opinions:

Day Cruise Around the World
Steal away for a serene sailing on a deluxe pontoon boat.

Depart from Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht Club Resortand glide along Crescent Lake and the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot. It’s the perfect way to kick back, relax and rediscover the magic of your surroundings in a whole new way.

Our 25-foot pontoons hold up to 10 Guests. Each Specialty Cruise includes a captain, assorted snacks and soft drinks.

Private Dining
To enhance your special afternoon and transform this Specialty Cruise into a lunch sailing, contact Private Dining at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts by calling (407) 939-3160.

Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Pricing
Day Cruise Around the World can be enjoyed for $149.00, plus tax. Pricing is subject to change.

Private Dining is available at an additional charge.

Reservations
To reserve, please call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529.

Thanks for posting about this. I had not heard about it. I'm also interested in reviews from anyone who has done this.

I'm a little hesitant to add this to the list of amenities at the resort since it seems like really neat things keep getting introduced and then are abruptly discontinued (Park-to-Park Transport...)

Does Disney still offer the walking "Keys to the World Showcase" or "Behind the World Showcase" or whatever it was that culminated in a lunch in Morocco?

:goodvibes

Balcony Info for Page 1

It is huge, I would say at least 60 feet long and 30 feet wide (asked my husband measurements. lol). Yes, there are 4 room sliding doors that lead out to it and each has 2 chairs. When you walk out our door and sit on our 2 chairs , you cannot see the other 6 chairs because there is small wall that blocks the other chairs but if you move ahead to the railing, you can see all the chairs and sliding doors for all the rooms. If anyone was out and you went to the railing, yes, you could very easily see them. The times we went out today, we haven't seen anyone. It won't be private if other people are outside BUT it's a tradeoff because it's not a tiny little balcony like most of the rest here.

Thanks for this description.

I am going to enhance the info I have about balconies in the FAQ Post 13 and add what you have written.

Here is a picture of the shared balcony on one of the floors

insert picture

This is only the Yacht Club, right?

Does anyone know offhand which rooms on which floors share a balcony?

And speaking of balconies at the YC- Which rooms do not have a balcony?
5163 YC CL WV.
4163, 3163, 2163 also? Anything else?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Page 1000-1002

I am so loyal to the BCV that I have never even contemplated staying elsewhere. I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas once, and it never felt like "home." BCV does. I'm guessing there's a lot of us like that, yeah?

:welcome:

Yes, BC/YC/BCV = home to a lot of us, although it does not prevent us from staying at other places when the opportunity or need arises.

I see in a subsequent post that you have an upcoming stay in October.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We just got back from a 7 nite 3 resort split stay. 3 nites @ YC. We were so excited to have an updated room. It was gorgeous!! 2 queens and 1 daybed. Room 3194. Also I was very happy with the new market downstairs. It made things so much easier. The only negative I noticed was the person who checked is in was not the friendliest person nor was the lobby greeter compared to stays past. We love to stay @ the YC so the new rooms make it all the better :)))

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Thanks so much for letting us know about your trip!

I've actually been to Disney close to 26 times and have stayed at the BC 23 times (the other 3 times I was between 6 and 8 years old and we were at POFQ). I'm staying at the GF for 2 nights before my wedding at the Wedding Pavilion in April 2018 and it sounds silly, but I'm actually nervous about not being at the BC. I'm so used to being able to walk to Epcot and my fiancé LOVES the BC. I just hope we can enjoy ourselves at the GF without going stir crazy LOL (we like Epcot A LOT better than the MK). The only reason we are staying GF is because our wedding is at 9:30 AM.. then we are moving to the BC the rest of the week :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I'll add you to the list for April.

:love::love:

Officially booked at the Beach Club in spring of 2018 (for the first half of my trip)! This will be my first time on the other side compared to Yacht Club. Excited to return! I look forward to walking back and forth from Flower and Garden :flower1:

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list.

Where is the rest of your stay for that trip?

;) :rotfl2:

Hi there! Are you sure about December? The Disney Parks Blog states October. Has this been delayed? Thank you!

:welcome: to the thread!

I have recently learned that the Ale & Compass restaurant (formerly Captain's Grille) will probably be open in October.

::yes::

Last edited:

We requested it ahead of time, but not at checkout. DSS said there was a note made to our file. We got it once during our 8 day stay. Boooooo

Mini trip report: we checked out about a week ago. Currently recovering on Anna Maria Island before heading back to the dark side for three nights. The resort was gorgeous. The staff was amazing. Highlights: the club lounge (we cancelled the last half of our ADRs and just had dinner in the lounge), the parks were amazing as always, the beds were incredibly comfortable, we loved our room and the view. Overall had an amazing time. Low lights: one of our party did not fit on FOP which was a really terrible experience. No turndown except for one night. The toilet paper was awful, like a Best Western. LOL.

Overall the worst part was leaving though!

Page 1003-1004

Finally got our May trip confirmed. . .BCV May 12-19, 2018! Back to F&G we go. . .but first it is F&W. :love:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List in 2018.

:woohoo:

We have decided to go see family and spend time in Myrtle Beach in 2018, BUT are already planning out trip to Disney in 2019!!!! Guess our last trip this year got him hooked:yay::yay::yay:

I'll move your April listing and pencil you in for 2019- Let us know when you have something booked.

Just got back. I posted in parks and strategies but I post here for the BC related things.

Thanks so much for your review and information. Any chance you have a picture of the view from BCV 238?

:thumbsup2

I heard about these changes on the app, but I can't find them. I got the pop-up that my app had been updated. Do you have to be on property to see these things? I have a reservation at BC for next July.

So excited to stay at BC for the first time. This resort has been on our list for awhile. My girls are looking forward to swimming at SAB and my husband and I are looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter