Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, we have been here for 5 days and I don't think I saw the same mousekeeper twice. We stayed at BC last year and didn't have any problems with housekeeping.

We've had the same problem at BWI for our last 3 or stays. Plenty of carts in the hall but not a housekeeper to be seen. They usually showed up at our room as we were getting ready for dinner so we just took towels & skipped the cleaning. This was the pattern every day over our 8 day stay.
Ugh, was hoping it was better at YC as we are thinking of staying here next trip.

I've been disapointed with the room discount availabilities with the general and then AP offers. They have like no rooms available! I keep checking and finally got one for the BC today! So, I upgraded from POFQ! Can you can put down for 10/29 - 11/2? Thanks! So much easier to stay there during F&W.

We've had the same problem at BWI for our last 3 or stays. Plenty of carts in the hall but not a housekeeper to be seen. They usually showed up at our room as we were getting ready for dinner so we just took towels & skipped the cleaning. This was the pattern every day over our 8 day stay.
Ugh, was hoping it was better at YC as we are thinking of staying here next trip.

I got my survey for my last week's Yacht Club stay this morning. I may have mentioned my housekeeping displeasure a few times.

I believe you can request an earlier housekeeping time. Don't pass up staying at the YC because of this. The YC was really beautiful and the rooms are so nice clean/modern. We loved staying there.

We just stayed at YC for 5 nights and are now in the GF for 4 nights. I must say that the bathrooms at the YC are 1000X better than the bathrooms at the GF. The GF bathrooms have shower curtains which I find unsanitary and the doors/molding around the doors are old/rusty at the bottom. We liked the rooms at the YC better than the GF. The location of the GF for MK, can't be beat and the resort itself is beautiful but we all loved SAB and the rooms better at the YC.

Good thing you are still within the 60 day window, because I think the fast passes to visit the donkey are going to be hotter than Flights of Passage.

This is, of course, subject to cancelling Eeyore's exclusivity clause.

Stay tuned!

:eeyore:

When! So glad I didn't get an ADR for Crystal Palace, only to find out Eeyore would be MIA in protest.

Lovely complementing tickers!

I would be delighted to add you onto the list again.

:goodvibes

Thank you very much, we are really excited already... OK I say we, my Mum and I are thrilled the guys are "uhhuh cool"!

Off topic for this forum but I had wondered about booking Narcoosee's for our first night on property in order to watch fireworks and then EWP but have read some very iffy reviews of Narcoosee's from all very reputable sources saying the service/food is not worth the price... Anybody have any input on this? I add to this by saying my Dad is hard to please with restaurants. We will definitely go to Jiko as I think that will be a hit. I had just thought fireworks and EWP would be a nice first night - may play it safe with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks...

Thank you very much, we are really excited already... OK I say we, my Mum and I are thrilled the guys are "uhhuh cool"!

Off topic for this forum but I had wondered about booking Narcoosee's for our first night on property in order to watch fireworks and then EWP but have read some very iffy reviews of Narcoosee's from all very reputable sources saying the service/food is not worth the price... Anybody have any input on this? I add to this by saying my Dad is hard to please with restaurants. We will definitely go to Jiko as I think that will be a hit. I had just thought fireworks and EWP would be a nice first night - may play it safe with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks...

Seriously, just my two cents - but my dad is hard to please with restaurants as well. The one and only trip to Narcoosee's that we made ended with him saying "We wasted two dining credits on that?" Obviously, different strokes for different folks, and it's highly possible we are in the minority for that time frame. If it were me? I'd go with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks.

I was doing online on my desktop computer, not tablet or phone, when it wouldn't let me make any requests. I didn't care because I didn't want to make any requests, but I thought it odd that it said that it already had my requests registered.

I found that the requests selections are finicky when using Chrome - but worked fine with Firefox. What browser were you using?

Seriously, just my two cents - but my dad is hard to please with restaurants as well. The one and only trip to Narcoosee's that we made ended with him saying "We wasted two dining credits on that?" Obviously, different strokes for different folks, and it's highly possible we are in the minority for that time frame. If it were me? I'd go with an Epcot restaurant for fireworks.

Oooh. Thanks for your input! Eeeek. I was definitely leaning to Epcot and I think you're right. Nothing around the Grand Floridian is getting great write ups at the moment. Citricos also iffy and I'd considered Artist Point at WL but it gets mixed too and got panned on the DIS best and worst recently. I also don't think we are Cali Grill people, we've reserved and cancelled that twice! Thanks again!

We've dined at Narcoossee's twice and I think we are done with that restaurant. The place is very noisy and not very relaxing. The food is okay but not spectacular in my opinion. We ate at Citrico's this past July and my husband's filet was excellent. And Citrico's is more our style and we will go back there again. We ate there on July 3rd because we wanted to watch the MK special fireworks from the marina, right in front of Gasparilla's. It was a wonderful view and they pipe in the music. There are places to sit, too.

We also like Artist Point. It never seems crowded and the restaurant is lovely.

The Disney Springs bus is no longer the horror that it used to be four years ago. I guess Disney got the message that people were avoiding DS because the bus rides were more than an hour long. They now have a DS bus that only shares with YC and BC. The ride is a more reasonable 20 minutes. They no longer include stops at BWI, S/D and Typhoon Lagoon. And the bus depot at DS is well laid out. All the buses drop off at the entrance to the bus depot and then proceed to their designated pick up zone.
Want to add that DS (at least to us) has definitely stepped their shopping/dining game. We go a lot so a day at DS is now included on most of our trips. Marketplace Co-op store is one of my favorite at all of WDW. Lots of retro and unique stuff at decent prices. Two restaurants we've enjoyed our last two trips (Boathouse-expensive and Blaze Pizza-very affordable) went great. But we do drive since we have a car and LOVE the new parking garages.

I have been stalking the Disney site every day at least twice a day waiting for a Gardenview to open up at YC. I already had the SVCL booked there, but with the reports of no turn down service (or by request only), not so friend CL CMs, and the closing of the lounge throughout the day- I just didn't want to be disappointed.

Well this morning at 5 when i looked- there it was Gardenview for my dates !! I am only 2 weeks out so i could not modify online and i had to wait until 6 am my time to call and get it changed. I changed it and the CM said that if the cost was less then i would have to pay a $50 change fee. Well, I knew about that and so i added the dining plan which made my total be $59 more than my previous CL reservation.

You guys don't know how happy this makes me. Even though I now will have to make a couple of more dining reservations. I consider that a plus because i now won't feel like i have to be in the lounge to partake of what is offered there.

I totally would have kept my reservation the same if this Garden view did not open up-i want to be close to EPCOT- But I am so happy it did. (maybe Disney released more rooms since the special offer ends tomorrow?) Anywhooo, See ya in 2 weeks!!

(btw Beach Club and Boardwalk now had availability this morning where as they had none before)

I changed it and the CM said that if the cost was less then i would have to pay a $50 change fee. Well, I knew about that and so i added the dining plan which made my total be $59 more than my previous CL reservation.
I am not familiar with this policy. Did you have a package or room only reservation to begin with at CL?

I originally had booked CL for our November trip but changed it when a Garden View opened up a few weeks back. I figured I would never be around to take advantage of most of the offerings.

Roger the donkey is a teenager.

The goat is just 4 months old, so even in Disney age and goat years, he still qualifies as a kid, so we don't have to pay the extra adult fee.

:lmao:

Haha! Kid...get it? I see what you did there, Dee. Very sneaky!

Seriously, though. I just logged on and it turns out I haven't been on here in TWO WEEKS! That's just unacceptable. I missed page 1000, post 20,000, Ninja Mom hiring out a donkey, and Dee making unintentional goat jokes.

This work stuff is for the birds! Oh well, I know some of you are sad to see summer slipping away, but this guy is counting down the minutes until Labor Day.

By the way, I just realized that my next FastPass day is Columbus Day, so it should be pretty easy to remember.

I am not familiar with this policy. Did you have a package or room only reservation to begin with at CL?

I originally had booked CL for our November trip but changed it when a Garden View opened up a few weeks back. I figured I would never be around to take advantage of most of the offerings.

I am only at 2 wks until i arrive. the change fee has been in effect at least since 2012 if you are less that 45 days out -i think or it may be 30

I booked a package. you can't add a dining plan for room only reservations.

i think the policy is different with a room only.

We've dined at Narcoossee's twice and I think we are done with that restaurant. The place is very noisy and not very relaxing. The food is okay but not spectacular in my opinion. We ate at Citrico's this past July and my husband's filet was excellent. And Citrico's is more our style and we will go back there again. We ate there on July 3rd because we wanted to watch the MK special fireworks from the marina, right in front of Gasparilla's. It was a wonderful view and they pipe in the music. There are places to sit, too.

We also like Artist Point. It never seems crowded and the restaurant is lovely.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't that impreseed with Narcoossee's. My DH likes it, but he's happy anywhere as long as he can get a fillet. I think the food is just ok, not spectacular & I am not a fan of the atmosphere. But then, DH & I don't drink & don't care for bars/ lounges. We always seem to be seated on the upper level, right across from the bar. Maybe if we were on the far end of the lower level, it wouldn't feel so much like a bar. I'm sure we'll eat there again someday, just not on my must do list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter