Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Five days until ADR day! Sat down with my daughter and made some preliminary plans. Comments welcome!!!

1. Arrival day, so pool and unpack. Teppan Edo dinner with all five families. I was thinking no later than 7:30 pm because the other kids are younger and will be getting tired.
2. Magic Kingdom (gotta see the castle on the first full day!) Be Our Guest lunch, late Biergarten dinner (maybe 8?)
3. Animal Kingdom for the day, then Boma for dinner at 5, so we can go back for ROL and evening stuff. Yes, we could do Tusker or Tiffins, but Boma is a special request from the kids
4. Hollywood Studios, and Sci Fi lunch. QS dinner
5. No idea about daytime plans, Le Cellier for dinner, then evening Epcot extra magic hours
6. No idea about daytime plans, quick service dinner in Epcot, 8 pm Illuminations dessert party, monorail to Magic Kingdom for nighttime extra magic hours (hopefully until 1 am or later!)
7. Adult day for us - golf for whoever wants to go, adult only dinner at Flying Fish. Early dinner reservation at Beaches and Cream for the kids so they can make the Star Wars fireworks (I may have to join!!!)
8. ? Day, last night dinner at San Angel Inn (side trip to Cava!!). Another special request of kids.

I'm soooo excited. :)

Sounds like a great plan! I love that you set one day aside as an adult day and dinner. Special for the kids too who I'm sure will love dining alone at Beaches and Cream and heading over for some fireworks.

To Scott MC...you can do what we did. UT doesn't sell annual passes. However, yesterday we bought tickets at UT (they still had inventory with discounts and may still for a short while). We then plan to take these tickets, use one day, then upgrade to a DVC annual pass. They call this bridging. Basically when you go to upgrade (which you can do at guest services) they reset the value to either the current "pre-arrival" price or the gate price depending on the ticket purchased. This process allows you to lock in the savings on the tickets you already received which was $118 per ticket. There are a couple of threads in the planning forums that discuss this in detail. However, like everything else not all cast members are properly trained on the process so the recommendation is to know exactly how much more you would spend on the upgrade and if they don't quote you the right price politely ask to speak to another supervisor or try another day. This is VERY common and we have done it before. This allows you to realize the discounts on an annual pass, which typically you can't find.

In our example, we paid $418 for a 4 day, 3 free happier ticket, which equates to a 7 day ticket. The current pre-arrival price of a 7 day hopper is $516.53. Both are inclusive of tax. With the upgrade bridge, our ticket will first revalued to the current pre-arrival price and then you pay the difference to upgrade to the annual pass which is $595.34, or $78.81. Total out of pocket to you for the annual pass is $418 + $78.81=$496.81 or a savings of almost $100 (we won't realize the full savings of $118 because the annual passes don't have pre-arrival discounts). As I mentioned this very common and is not an attempt to pull the wool over Disney or cheat the system. When we are there in April we will go through this process. If we get a cast member who tries to charge us more than $78.81 to do the upgrade we will politely say no thank you and go to another guest services member later as we know that not all Disney cast members are equally trained. There are many anecdotes of people going to multiple cast members to make sure it is done properly. The key is knowing exactly how much the upgrade should cost before going in. And to save $100 a ticket I am willing to go through a little inconvenience to get it right. If you have any questions the thread "All about tickets at WDW" discusses this in detail or you can pm me and I would be glad to dsicuss it with you.
I know they do this for new APs; does this also work for renewals?

1. Arrival day, so pool and unpack. Teppan Edo dinner with all five families. I was thinking no later than 7:30 pm because the other kids are younger and will be getting tired.

I think this part might not be a good idea.

First of all, it sounds really late to me. I wouldn't even make it to a 7:30 pm dinner on arrival day, and I'm a grown up.

People may be exhausted from traveling. Kids may struggle with "I'm too excited to sleep" the night before and be wiped out on arrival day. And in my family, my nieces have never eaten dinner as late as 7:30 pm in their entire lives, and they're teens now.

Also, do all of you have Annual Passes? Because if not, you're talking about spending money to use a park admission day of your tickets solely to go into Epcot for dinner. I say this because you said you would be spending the day at the pool and unpacking. If you eat at one of the BoardWalk restaurants, or at a restaurant in the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Swan/Dolphin, you won't be wasting a day of park admission just for dinner.

I would ask the other families:
(a) How early are they going to have to get up on arrival day
(b) How long will they be traveling
(c) What time do the kids normally eat dinner
(d) Are they okay with using a day of park admission on their tickets for arrival day (unless you know everybody has Annual Passes).

New to this forum and I have kind of a random question. Does anyone know if the Beach Club gift shop has any Larry Dotson prints of the resort? It has become kind of tradition to purchase one at each resort we've stayed at. I cannot find anything online to suggest one way or the other if he has painted one for the Beach Club or if they have them on location.

First time staying at BCV coming up next month. (3/26-3/31). Can anyone tell me if there is seating at Hurricane Hanna's other than at the bar? If not, I guess it's bar seat or lounge chair?

New to this forum and I have kind of a random question. Does anyone know if the Beach Club gift shop has any Larry Dotson prints of the resort? It has become kind of tradition to purchase one at each resort we've stayed at. I cannot find anything online to suggest one way or the other if he has painted one for the Beach Club or if they have them on location.

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!

There are some sketches of the Beach Club, the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay in the Marketplace and Fittings & Fairings Gift Shops.

I'm not sure who the artist is.

I have this hanging on my bedroom wall.

WP_20170214_001.jpg

I almost purchased this on my last trip:

DSCF1026 - Copy.JPG

Here's another one and yes, you can read the signature as Dotson on this one:

P1170125 - Copy.JPG

These pictures are from 2011 from the Marketplace photo thread:

Beautiful paintings of the resort done by artist Alexandria Skordas are also available for purchase at the Marketplace. You can buy them framed or unframed.

Here are a couple of photos of examples of the pictures that purchased by jakeybakey:

BeachClubLighthousepicture.jpg

BeachClubpicture.jpg

I'll see if I have any others from my Marketplace photos.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
First time staying at BCV coming up next month. (3/26-3/31). Can anyone tell me if there is seating at Hurricane Hanna's other than at the bar? If not, I guess it's bar seat or lounge chair?

There are some tables just outside the fence before you enter SAB.

I almost purchased this on my last trip:
Yes!! That second one looks like a Larry Dotson. I have seven others hanging in my office from other resorts and want to add this one to my collection when we stay in late August. Thank you for the quick response and thank you for all the great info in this thread. It may take me until August to get all caught up.

Yes!! That second one looks like a Larry Dotson. I have seven others hanging in my office from other resorts and want to add this one to my collection when we stay in late August. Thank you for the quick response and thank you for all the great info in this thread. It may take me until August to get all caught up.

I just added another picture to my post of the Pirate (Jib) slide with the Beach Club in the background.

Are you staying at the Beach Club or Yacht Club? I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list- Page 1, Post 15

FYI- you can find a lot of information on the first page of the thread, so it is usually not necessarily to go through the whole thing. If you have a specific question you can use the search feature or just ask.

:goodvibes

page 788

I am so excited! We are a family of five and just booked a deluxe room at the BC. It is our first time staying there. It looks beautiful.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:woohoo:

There are some tables just outside the fence before you enter SAB.

Here are a couple of pictures:

HH.jpg

HHseating.jpg

Attachments

• HHseating2.jpg
    HHseating2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just received an email regarding my YC stay. I know that some people are wondering if the breakfast buffet will be available at Ariel's during the relocation. It will NOT.

"Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."

We're scheduled to arrive on June 3, and I just got the "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" email from Disney Destinations. I assume this means renovations will still definitely be underway when we're there. Not going to lie: kinda hoped it'd be done, but since the club level appears to be near completion, that's enough for me. :-)

PS I could NOT figure out why people were doing "Double Digit Dances," until I looked at the countdown on MDE and realized oooooohhhhhhhh...... :o:o:o

We're scheduled to arrive on June 3, and I just got the "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" email from Disney Destinations. I assume this means renovations will still definitely be underway when we're there. Not going to lie: kinda hoped it'd be done, but since the club level appears to be near completion, that's enough for me. :-)

PS I could NOT figure out why people were doing "Double Digit Dances," until I looked at the countdown on MDE and realized oooooohhhhhhhh...... :o:o:o

Me too! Our floor should be in good shape so the room renovations shouldn't bother us. The area around Capt. Grille won't be pretty but it's a small thing when it's all said and done.

Me too! Our floor should be in good shape so the room renovations shouldn't bother us. The area around Capt. Grille won't be pretty but it's a small thing when it's all said and done.
Absolutely. We had no plans to eat there, and even if we had, it's easy enough to change!

I think this part might not be a good idea.

First of all, it sounds really late to me. I wouldn't even make it to a 7:30 pm dinner on arrival day, and I'm a grown up.

People may be exhausted from traveling. Kids may struggle with "I'm too excited to sleep" the night before and be wiped out on arrival day. And in my family, my nieces have never eaten dinner as late as 7:30 pm in their entire lives, and they're teens now.

Also, do all of you have Annual Passes? Because if not, you're talking about spending money to use a park admission day of your tickets solely to go into Epcot for dinner. I say this because you said you would be spending the day at the pool and unpacking. If you eat at one of the BoardWalk restaurants, or at a restaurant in the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Swan/Dolphin, you won't be wasting a day of park admission just for dinner.

I would ask the other families:
(a) How early are they going to have to get up on arrival day
(b) How long will they be traveling
(c) What time do the kids normally eat dinner
(d) Are they okay with using a day of park admission on their tickets for arrival day (unless you know everybody has Annual Passes).

Thanks so much for your input! The extra day of park tickets only added about $8 per person so we aren't worrying about that part. Plus my kids may want to hit Epcot instead of the pool that afternoon. We have always done an Epcot dinner on our arrival day and haven't had a problem, but I think we had a 6:30 pm time previously. I will definitely move it earlier. I know it will be hard for the other kids to get out of the pool though! LOL. They are between the ages of 9 and 12. My two and the two from the family we always travel with will be 15 and 16 and they will go until they drop - last summer we all did Europe, and went to six cities in four countries over three weeks. Stamina is not our issue, but you are right that I have to make sure the other family is not overwhelmed.

Another piece of the puzzle that will make you think we are crazy is that we will be leaving at about 5 am, so at the airport at 3 am, and 7:30 pm is 9 pm our time. If the younger kids are too tired or overwhelmed, my family and the other family will go. :).

Thanks again.

We just received the email as well and our stay starts August 22, so maybe they are playing it safe, but I am assuming room and restaurant renovations may STILL be going on even then.

Side note, I am happy I'm going later since that should up my chances of a renovated room! And we did plan on eating at Captain's Grille, but I really see it as a bonus we get to eat at Ariel's. Not sure I would have that opportunity otherwise. Only one of our party of 5 would've wanted the buffet, so he'll live. LOL

Must have been email day - we received one also for our May trip. I think CL will be done so not really worried and I asked Signature Services to add a request for a bath tub room. Getting more and more excited!

I got the email too! My trip is Aug 27. I don't think it will matter too much, as long as the pool is open :) Sadly my kid no longer naps so daytime noise won't be a big issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter