Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can someone add me to the Be our Guest page? June 25-July 1 (BC). And just curious, I"m bringing dd and her bestie (both 15) and ds 12 (who is SUPER BUMMED his buddy can't come)----will anyone in our date range have a ds in the 11-12 range that may want to hang out at the pool or arcade?

So we have one DD who is now 19 but we have been visiting this particular resort since she was about 7. Only a few times did she have a friend along with us. She always met folks at the pool, especially the older she got. The best way to meet folks is to join the pool volleyball game that is always going on. As she got older, she would even make plans to visit parks for late hours etc with some of the kids she met at the pool.

9:00 or as soon as the park opens if it's EMH in the a.m. One of the best things about staying at BC. You can be one of the first in line at Les Halles! It's not a trip to WDW for me until I have a strawberry tart & a mimosa for breakfast from LH. Don't judge. They both have fruit in them therefore they qualify as breakfast! :laughing:

No judging from this girl. :love: One of my favorite parts about a Disney vacation is sitting on my balcony in the early morning drinking champagne with a strawberry or raspberries in it and having quiche florentine that I picked up the day before from Les Halles!

Hi, we will be at the Beach Club in August and on our last day we won't be leaving for our flight until 6 pm. I know that you can generally use the BC pool on checkout day, but will we be allowed to use the pool that long after checkout? TIA!

Also, in August, how hot and humid is it in the morning? If I run to France for a chocolate croissant will it be melted by the time I'm back at the hotel?

As has already been mentioned you can use the pool all day. Good news for you since you won't be arriving until August the new shower area should be completed by then, which is located just outside the pool area next to the arcade. The last I had heard it should be done sometime in April. Will post back when we are there in early April as to the current status.

Dee, btw, you can add us twice more to the BOG list. August 10-20 BCV studio with the fam and again Sept 27-Oct 2 for sisters 50th!

Not sure if this has been posted on the DIS newsline yet- click below for news article from the Orlando Sentinel

Ticket price increase tomorrow

There are also some other changes to expiration dates, online/phone ordering discounts, water park fun and more....

:eek:

Sigh, unfortunately we missed this. We were literally up until about 11:50 P.M. last night debating AP or not...and when we decided....a few min before midnight, they had shut the ticket buying page down. #FAIL

Ultimately, it's costing us $60 for waiting so long, which isn't the end of the world, but frustrating nonetheless. We had also been told by friends/family that APs were now good for 13 months, so buying one for this August would have covered our honeymooon too....but alas, I guess that deal ended last month. #DOUBLE FAIL

In better news, because of the snow....tomorrow will be day off #5 for me!

Wheee!

YC almost finished with 5th floor room refurbs and starting 4th floor. It looks like working their way down, floor by floor, with room carpet discontinued. 5th floor s/b done next week.

Do we have any more updated photos of the rooms? Are all bathtubs gone? It doesn't really bother me either way, but I'm just curious. I'm not crazy about the bedroom section of the new rooms, but actually really like the bathroom areas.

Sigh, unfortunately we missed this. We were literally up until about 11:50 P.M. last night debating AP or not...and when we decided....a few min before midnight, they had shut the ticket buying page down. #FAIL

Ultimately, it's costing us $60 for waiting so long, which isn't the end of the world, but frustrating nonetheless. We had also been told by friends/family that APs were now good for 13 months, so buying one for this August would have covered our honeymooon too....but alas, I guess that deal ended last month. #DOUBLE FAIL

Same boat here. I bought 9-day tickets for our marathon weekend trip last month instead of getting APs again because I didn't think we'd return to WDW for a while. I thought that for about four weeks and then decided to run the marathon again in 2018. This came as a surprise to no one. But I missed out on the opportunity to buy 13-month APs and cover both trips. Boo to me.

In better news, because of the snow....tomorrow will be day off #5 for me!

Wheee!

Do we have any more updated photos of the rooms? Are all bathtubs gone? It doesn't really bother me either way, but I'm just curious. I'm not crazy about the bedroom section of the new rooms, but actually really like the bathroom areas.

So sorry to hear that!

I went briefly to the Undercover Tourist page today- they sell their supply of tickets at the former prices until they sell out. I didn't notice if they had deals on annual passes. I am very tempted to purchase the buy 4 days, get 3 free hoppers for $419 (includes tax) for a future trip that is not currently in the planning stages.

I haven't seen any additional YC renovation pictures.

:goodvibes

We are headed "home" sooner than expected and could not be more excited! Just booked us YC CL for May 9-14. Doing the happy dance!

See you there! We'll be there the 6-13th. Hope we get some more room photos before too long. I'm so excited to stay in a newly renovated room! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear that!

I went briefly to the Undercover Tourist page today- they sell their supply of tickets at the former prices until they sell out. I didn't notice if they had deals on annual passes. I am very tempted to purchase the buy 4 days, get 3 free hoppers for $419 (includes tax) for a future trip that is not currently in the planning stages.

I haven't seen any additional YC renovation pictures.

I pulled the trigger. Remember, the mousesavers newsletter link will give you a whole extra dollar off per ticket! ;)

page 784

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered a million times, but my family is staying at YC CL this March and I have an SAB question. We're going with our 13 year old son and 2 year old twins, and wondering what the pool situation is like for my 13 year old to come and go as he pleases, as I'm sure he'll be back and forth to CL getting snacks. Last time I stayed at YC/BC was years ago pre-magic band era and they had wristbands to get in and out. Do they still do the same or do they just check the magic bands now?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As others have indicated, your son should have no problem coming and going from SAB with his Magic Band. The pool staff may or may not be handing out wrist bands depending on the day.

:fish:

I always hate to contradict Dee, but Y&B has their own bakery for special cakes. I have ordered cakes delivered to our YC CL room & also to Yachstsmen's Steakhouse. I believe it was thru private dining for both. Check the first page of the cake thread on the restaurant forum. The phone number to call for each resort is there. Also, Dee does a wonderful job with organizing all the current info on page one of this thread. If you haven't read that, start there then just come back & ask specific questions. No need to read the whole thread! :goodvibes

Edited to add this from the cake thread:

Yacht & Beach Club* 407-934-3105
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and buttercream frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be adhered over the frosting on a one-tier mini cake. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

Thanks for providing accurate information! No offense taken by me when corrected when I am mistaken!

I haven't paid much attention to cake options at the resort, although on my October trip I did get a cake from the Poly bakery for our group dinner at Kona.

The cake was incredibly delicious, although something was lost in translation in my request for decoration.

We were celebrating the arrival of our friend's first grandchild and this is what I requested:

Chocolate Cake
White Chocolate Mousse
Vanilla Buttercream

I asked them to write "Welcome Sloan, Congratulations Nanu" in Pink writing, but I guess they didn't exactly get the message.

Sorry about the weird perspective- I took the picture upside down from across the table.

:cake:

page 785

Anyone have a suggestion on what to request for a standard room at beach club?
We want to be on the lake side if possible.
Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread.

When is your trip?

I think you can actually request to be on the lake side of the resort with a standard view room- there are rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor that overlook the pebble rooftop that are in the SV category. See the map in the post #15,692 from horselover

FYI- this map may be found on Page 1, Post 8 as well.

If a full balcony is important to you may want to make that park of your request. "Lake side of resort, please. Full balcony if possible"

:thumbsup2

We are booked for the BC...may decide to switch to YC...We have never stayed at the BC, wanted to try something new but without being completely new LOL.
We want a large balcony, do you think we should move our ressies to YC?
We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary! With our 3 girls...I wanted to leave them at home HAHA

Please add us to the list Sept 16th-Sept 25th for BC(but may change it to the Yacht Club)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

You definitely have a better chance for a full balcony with the YC- 100% vs. 50% in standard (non-club) rooms.

We don't know where the resort will be as far as YC room renovations, but I am hoping a good portion of the rooms will be completed by the time of your trip.

::yes::

Dee, can you please add us to the BOG list. We will be staying at the YC (for the first time) from 8/23 thru 8/28 and then going to the GF for 3 nights. Can't wait to be back at Disney!!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Something to ponder about the Disney ticket price increase: "Also starting Sunday: Visitors buying tickets online or on their phones can save $20 on Magic Your Way bundles from three to 10 days. SeaWorld and Universal Orlando also charge less for online purchases." (from the Orlando Sentinel article)

If you buy online: If you buy today, the ticket price may be cheaper than it will be tomorrow, but there's no discount for making the purchase online. If you buy tomorrow you apparently will be get a $20 discount for buying online. Will the ticket price be increased by more than $20? Is this something that is being discussed everywhere and I shouldn't be bothering to mention it here?

I heard there was going to be a price increase so I bought a ticket on Thursday. I guess tomorrow I will learn if that was a good idea or not.

Anyway, note to Dee: I emailed you the most recent Beach Club Villas grocery order list. (To everyone else: we use this for reference when someone asks, "Does the Beach Club Marketplace sell [insert grocery item here], and if so, how much does it cost?")

Thanks for the additional ticket info.

And I did get your email. Thank you so much!!!

Any news regarding Yacht Club room renovations? I saw the pictures of the test rooms but I'm curious how the final version turned out because I might be staying at this resort this summer. In the past Disney has always been very giving in providing us with unique offer codes so I'm waiting to see if they send us one within the next few weeks so that I can finally make a reservation, if not then I'll just make a reservation without any discounts and then apply the regular public offer when it becomes available.

I have not seen any new info or definitive final design for the YC renovations.

:scratchin

Some YC guest rooms will have only showers, while others will have bathtubs. Look for the updated Fittings and Fairings to offer grilled freshly-made food, as well as seating. There could also be early morning opening.
OOOO this is great news!!! I really don't care either way about the shower vs tub situation (the kiddo ADORES the shower in the PVB Studios, so he'd be a happy camper if we got a shower room), but I'm thrilled about the restaurant update!

page 786

Sorry it is taking me so long to catch up and keep up here! Thanks to everyone jumping in with responses to questions!

:grouphug:

Not sure about quick service, but we are at Yacht Club now and a couple of cast members who noticed our resort mugs confirmed that refill will be coming soon to Fittings and Fairings. Given the size of what they are working on I'd say quick service is probable (we didn't ask, but will if we get a chance again)

:welcome: to the thread and thank you so much for your "on-the-scene" report!

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

:dogdance:

Captain's Grille is now bookable after mid-May! (For sure this time - I just checked it...)

Thanks so much for the info!!!

:thumbsup2

YC almost finished with 5th floor room refurbs and starting 4th floor. It looks like working their way down, floor by floor, with room carpet discontinued. 5th floor s/b done next week.

Awesome!!!

Thanks so much for the news.

::yes::

Any idea how long the 5th floor took? We will be there for 3 nights in very early March. What is the chances of getting a new room? We booked a Garden View Room. Wanted standard, but wasn't available with our pin code. Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I don't think the chances are great to get a renovated room in early March, but certainly add the requests to your room reservation through the Central Reservations Office:

"Renovated room, if possible"

I have read that the bus stop for the Beach Club is closed and a temporary location is in the BC villas parking lot, is this true and if so how much of an inconvenience is it.

When is your trip?

:woohoo:

As someone else mentioned, the bus stop is back in the regular location. I'll have to look at what I have for info on Page 1. I tend to keep things up there for historical purposes, with updates when things have changed, so if you got the info from there, I apologize.

:cool2:

As has already been mentioned you can use the pool all day. Good news for you since you won't be arriving until August the new shower area should be completed by then, which is located just outside the pool area next to the arcade. The last I had heard it should be done sometime in April. Will post back when we are there in early April as to the current status.

Dee, btw, you can add us twice more to the BOG list. August 10-20 BCV studio with the fam and again Sept 27-Oct 2 for sisters 50th!

Fantastic news!

:welcome: back and back!

:banana::banana::banana:

We are headed "home" sooner than expected and could not be more excited! Just booked us YC CL for May 9-14. Doing the happy dance!

I'll add you to the list!

:dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter