Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Unfortunately, we're going Easter week! :crazy2: Two of my sisters are teachers in different states, and this is the first year in probably six years that their spring breaks have aligned! Since we're only paying for ourselves (and not entire families), we're willing to go a little more "deluxe", but the suite option may be too much and not really solving our bedroom/bathroom thing unless we go really big! We're also strongly considering club level. I'd consider the villas, but no one seems to want to do them, but thanks for letting me know the two bedrooms are tough to book, since that's probably what we'd go for!

Not that I would discourage staying at BC/YC, because I could not, but it might be worthwhile to also check the teacher rates at Swan/Dolphin. There is no stormalong bay, but does have a nice pool area and the discounts can be awesome. That might make staying in that area and getting two rooms a little more affordable. Just an option - we've had wonderful vacations at each of the properties in Epcot's back yard and each has its advantages.

Not that I would discourage staying at BC/YC, because I could not, but it might be worthwhile to also check the teacher rates at Swan/Dolphin. There is no stormalong bay, but does have a nice pool area and the discounts can be awesome. That might make staying in that area and getting two rooms a little more affordable. Just an option - we've had wonderful vacations at each of the properties in Epcot's back yard and each has its advantages.
Agree about the Swan/Dolphin, just be sure when you do your comparison to factor in the daily service fee and self park fee if driving

We just returned from a trip staying at a MK resort but when we visited BC to eat at Beaches & Cream my 4 year old wanted in that Stormalong Bay Pool BAD! Our next trip is planned for last week of January/first of Feb. I am considering a split stay BC or YC with our standard MK area resort. Our kids are 1 and 4 so we spend most of our time at MK with typically a day each for the other parks. Does the pool stay open in any kind of weather? I know when we visited last January it was in the 40F some days and it warmed up to low 70's by the end of the week. If its cold I'm thinking we could just visit the boardwalk and let the kids play at the playground and we have never stayed at an Epcot resort so I'm sure we will try it, just wondering if the pool will be open for those of us northerners willing to get in even if it is only 60 degrees out. I am also assuming from reading through most of this forum that BC is preferred by families over YC. Is this correct?

Does anyone know if Disney offers military discounts on merchandise throughout the parks and resorts? We are traveling with friends in 3 weeks and she was wondering as she got 2 different answers when she called to find out - shocker I know!!
We are military and there are no merchandise discounts at the Disney Parks and Resorts. Oh boy how I wish there were though.

We just returned from a trip staying at a MK resort but when we visited BC to eat at Beaches & Cream my 4 year old wanted in that Stormalong Bay Pool BAD! Our next trip is planned for last week of January/first of Feb. I am considering a split stay BC or YC with our standard MK area resort. Our kids are 1 and 4 so we spend most of our time at MK with typically a day each for the other parks. Does the pool stay open in any kind of weather? I know when we visited last January it was in the 40F some days and it warmed up to low 70's by the end of the week. If its cold I'm thinking we could just visit the boardwalk and let the kids play at the playground and we have never stayed at an Epcot resort so I'm sure we will try it, just wondering if the pool will be open for those of us northerners willing to get in even if it is only 60 degrees out. I am also assuming from reading through most of this forum that BC is preferred by families over YC. Is this correct?

We have a 2 year old and have stayed at both. The YC has a much quieter lobby and you will more than likely get a full balcony. The BC the rooms are refurbed and the balcony size is up in the air. We actually like the YC a little more than the BC. The rooms seem bigger to me.

:welcome:

Let us know if you book.

Either resort is perfectly fine with families, but I think many of those with younger kids seem to enjoy the livelier lobby in the BC and the proximity to The Marketplace gift shop/quick service/mug refill area.

:cool1:

The pool only shuts down in EXTREMELY COLD :cold: temps and during thunder/lightning, of course.

Here is the info I have in the FAQ post:

My trip is in December (November/January/February). Will it be warm enough to swim in SAB?

That depends. Where are you from?

The weather and temperature in Florida can vary greatly in the winter months. One day you are bundled up in coat and wool hat. The next you are in shorts. You can have extreme conditions in the same week.

The pools at Disney are all heated. The problem is usually not when you are in the pool, but it is the air temperature when you get out. Make sure you have a towel close by.

There is certainly a chance that one or more days of your vacation will be warm enough for swimming. As Scar so eloquently sings in the Lion King "Be Prepared!"

Pack your swimsuit and hope for the best!

:fish:

Had a call today from a lovely Garden Grocer rep telling me that BCV now restricts their delivery to between 4:30-5:30. I had asked for a window of 8-12 noon. A Garden Grocer window now is 5-9 which is my bedtime :-). They offered to deliver the day before.
I asked why & she said she thought it had to do with Amazon Prime Now & the resort trying to manage vendor delivery Windows.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Disney offers military discounts on merchandise throughout the parks and resorts? We are traveling with friends in 3 weeks and she was wondering as she got 2 different answers when she called to find out - shocker I know!!

Hi Rosa :wave2:
After checking on the Shades of Green thread I would ask a bus driver just to make sure. You know how they are such great sources of information. You also could shoot an email to Guest Services. email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com They would have the best and most reliable answer.

~NM

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

:thanks:

Last edited:
It hasn't seemed that slow to me but I'm on a Mac/Safari and running (paying for) supposedly the fasted internet speed my ISP provides. (but you know how that goes, right?)

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

:thanks:

I have not noticed any slowness, Dee.

Is there anyone at BC now who can report on the bus stop situation? Is it necessary to use the shuttle to get to it or is it not really that far of a walk? We were looking forward to the bus monitor TV's, is there something like that set up? (I read somewhere about a CM with an ipad stationed there?) Is there seating? We're value folks most of the time, so we were hoping for the deluxe amenity of seating at the bus stops.

This is putting a damper on our upcoming trip and so I'm hoping someone can tell me that it's really not the big deal I'm making it out to be!

It's our last full day today, so we're kind of winging it, something we hardly ever do. Hadn't made any fastpasses but knew we needed to go to Epcot for our 3rd visit to get our food & wine AP glasses. Found a Soarin fast pass for 1:30. Thought we'd start in MK, got to bus stop just before 10. After waiting 15 minutes; seeing the bus still 20 minutes away & the crowd for the bus growing, we decided to just go right to Epcot. Great decision! We encountered one of those wonderful, surprise magical moments. The Tennessee State Marching band made it's way thru Epcot & performed near the waters of the world fountain. Probably 300 kids at least. They were wonderful!! Love coming upon these unexpected treasures! View attachment 195188

I was there at that time too and just wandered into it as well. I was on my way somewhere else and they were actually blocking my path, so I stopped and watched them.

Is there anyone at BC now who can report on the bus stop situation? Is it necessary to use the shuttle to get to it or is it not really that far of a walk? We were looking forward to the bus monitor TV's, is there something like that set up? (I read somewhere about a CM with an ipad stationed there?) Is there seating? We're value folks most of the time, so we were hoping for the deluxe amenity of seating at the bus stops.

This is putting a damper on our upcoming trip and so I'm hoping someone can tell me that it's really not the big deal I'm making it out to be!
Also curious about the bus stop situation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter