Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Okay, the more I read the more confused I become. Is the YACHT CLUB bus stop closed or is it the Beach Club one? I'm riding that the YC one has been refurbished already and then I see stuff about the convention center.....

Just back from YC on Saturday. The YC bus stop is open & operating normally. The bus we were on to Disney Springs went from YC to the BC to pick up guests there before heading to DS.

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

:thanks:

Yes indeed--slow as molasses in January and continously loading the page. It has caused my browser to freeze as well. Seems better today.

Dee - did you look on the Tech forum to see if others have had the same problems?

Great suggestion!!!

Yes, others are/were having the same exact problem.

Some posters have been suggesting it is a bad video advertisement that keeps loading. One possible fix is making sure you have an ad-blocker.

This was posted on the Tech board:

There's an ad at the bottom of the page that looks like this:
windows%20capture_zpsj1ptk5yd.png

See that black box of death in the middle?
It loads a new video ad every 15 seconds or so.
Every time it does, it takes anywhere from 0-60 seconds to load.
Every time it does, the DIS stops working, or works
v....e........r............r...............y......... s...........l..............o................w..........l...........y

(was that hard to read? Imagine it 100x worse and that's the DIS.)

I'm using MS Edge as a browser and have disabled Flash.

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

:thanks:
It's not keeping up with threads that I'm following and have a "watch" on. It started being temperamental about 3 weeks ago.

Checked into today at the YC. They did not have the greeter it front welcoming us by name but as soon as they asked our names they ran to get someone. Check in was super great and we were given the welcome drink upon arrival. Service has been outstanding and the new lounge is very nice. We received turn down early with nice Ghiradllis chocolates. We have a huge balcony that we share it is crazy big!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Checked into today at the YC. They did not have the greeter it front welcoming us by name but as soon as they asked our names they ran to get someone. Check in was super great and we were given the welcome drink upon arrival. Service has been outstanding and the new lounge is very nice. We received turn down early with nice Ghiradllis chocolates. We have a huge balcony that we share it is crazy big!!

Glad you are off to a great start.

SHUT UP!!! My grapefruit beer in the lounge?!? I AM PSYCHED!!! (I also want to try the longboard, too)

:banana::banana::banana:

View attachment 195971

View attachment 195972

View attachment 195973

View attachment 195974

Two questions for you since you are staying CL right now and they are,

Did you have to ask for the Strawberry Champage or was that the welcome drink?

Also,

What is the current beer selection during the evening? Still hoping Bud Light is in that mix

I'm so excited for my upcoming stay in January over Marathon Weekend!! Mostly excited for some serious time at Stormalong Bay!

Newbie question (I've never stayed here before) - on the maps, it looks like seating poolside is minimal ... is there an area y'all would recommend our group head to when the pool opens on Saturday morning for some post-race relaxation and hanging out? There are 12 of us staying at BC/BCV ...

I'm so excited for my upcoming stay in January over Marathon Weekend!! Mostly excited for some serious time at Stormalong Bay!

Newbie question (I've never stayed here before) - on the maps, it looks like seating poolside is minimal ... is there an area y'all would recommend our group head to when the pool opens on Saturday morning for some post-race relaxation and hanging out? There are 12 of us staying at BC/BCV ...

I've always found that there's quite a bit of seating. That being said, if you are there at open, basically right infront of beaches and cream is my fav spot. Just past the volleyball nets. It's pretty central, and I can still see my stuff from the hot tub lol

I've always found that there's quite a bit of seating. That being said, if you are there at open, basically right infront of beaches and cream is my fav spot. Just past the volleyball nets. It's pretty central, and I can still see my stuff from the hot tub lol

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Thank you!!

I do wish they had cabanas for rent, but I guess I'm just recently spoiled by Disneyland. :D

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Thank you!!

I do wish they had cabanas for rent, but I guess I'm just recently spoiled by Disneyland. :D

I'm a huge cabana advocate!!! I so wish they would add them, but it might feel cramped due to the layout Eagerly awaiting our 180 day window to book one for our days at the GF!

I'm a huge cabana advocate!!! I so wish they would add them, but it might feel cramped due to the layout Eagerly awaiting our 180 day window to book one for our days at the GF!

Oh, wow! GF has cabanas?! I may have to look into that for another race-cation weekend!

But I'm with you on cabanas - I'm surprised Disney hasn't done the ca$h-grab with more of them!

Oh, wow! GF has cabanas?! I may have to look into that for another race-cation weekend!

But I'm with you on cabanas - I'm surprised Disney hasn't done the ca$h-grab with more of them!

Gf and the poly have them. Others may, but I have no idea which ones. AKL should as they have the space

Just some quick questions since we always stay at either the BC or YC but this time we are only looking to stay one night and the cheapest rate is at the Beach Club Villas. And is it the same as the YC/BC that you can use the pool all day on day of check out

1. I would book this through disney with an ap discount if that matters, but are we allowed to use Storm A Long Bay?
2. Is the check in time 3 pm? Our light arrives at 9:30 am.
3. Is there a lobby within close walking distance to check in since I am getting an of site wheelchair and will have to meet the provider personally since he is not one of the preferred ones.
4. Do they give magic bands there? I am assuming if yes, we would all get one eve if its only one night.
5. Would 2 adults and 1 adult ds fit comfortably in the room, if its a tight squeeze I gues we could put up with it for one night. I think it just says standard room?

TIA for any info

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

As others have said, you all should be able to find seating of your choice when the pool opens. Especially in January.

:fish:

Just some quick questions since we always stay at either the BC or YC but this time we are only looking to stay one night and the cheapest rate is at the Beach Club Villas. And is it the same as the YC/BC that you can use the pool all day on day of check out

1. I would book this through disney with an ap discount if that matters, but are we allowed to use Storm A Long Bay?
2. Is the check in time 3 pm? Our light arrives at 9:30 am.
3. Is there a lobby within close walking distance to check in since I am getting an of site wheelchair and will have to meet the provider personally since he is not one of the preferred ones.
4. Do they give magic bands there? I am assuming if yes, we would all get one eve if its only one night.
5. Would 2 adults and 1 adult ds fit comfortably in the room, if its a tight squeeze I gues we could put up with it for one night. I think it just says standard room?

TIA for any info

:welcome: back!

When is your proposed trip?

The villas are not my strong point. I will try to answer but ask that others correct me if I am wrong.

1. YES!
2. 4 pm???
3. Help
4. Yes, I think so.
5. Help- is the occupancy of the studios 5 now? How comfortable for 3 adults?

:goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter