Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If anyone goes in the next few months and can tell me if they do add the murphy beds in the studios, PLEASE post here! It could save me from packing an air mattress :( thanks so much!!!

page 378-380

FYI- Teena arrived in Las Vegas last night. I believe ground has been broken on the home she is building and will hopefully be completed in late spring. In the meantime she will be sharing an apartment with Jeanne and Lily.

Thank you so much for sharing your observations about the YC room conditions.

:goodvibes:

:welcome: to the thread, and thank you so much for sharing your review of the YC rooms. I'm sure we will be getting a lot of questions about the condition in advance of the refurbishment work.

Glad to hear that you will be a returning guest!

:thumbsup2

I think you have received some answers. Here's my input.

Yes, there are microwaves and toasters available in the Marketplace. You can also request a microwave from housekeeping and it will be provided based on availability.

I believe there are pats of butter available. Not sure if they are out in the open or for (with) purchase.

Definitely pieces of fruit and I think containers of cut-up fruit. There were packages of berries in the display case, obscenely priced IMO, during my trip in January.

When I get a chance, I'll post a couple of pictures. I had a bunch posted in the link on the Marketplace post on Page 1 but when I went to post them here, I saw they had disappeared. Need to fix that...

::yes::
Good to know Teena landed safely. Thanks for the update.

Hi everybody. Survived my first 24 hours as a Vegas resident. Had a horrible experience with movers on Thursday ... Will tell all about it once a resolution is reached, good or bad. I miss Florida terribly already but Lily and Jeanne make up for it. Lily is already asking when we are flying to Disney World ...just the 2 of us ...cause Mommy has to work.

Hi everybody. Survived my first 24 hours as a Vegas resident. Had a horrible experience with movers on Thursday ... Will tell all about it once a resolution is reached, good or bad.
I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the movers. :(

I miss Florida terribly already but Lily and Jeanne make up for it. Lily is already asking when we are flying to Disney World ...just the 2 of us ...cause Mommy has to work.
That sounds like a good plan to me. ;)

Hi everybody. Survived my first 24 hours as a Vegas resident. Had a horrible experience with movers on Thursday ... Will tell all about it once a resolution is reached, good or bad. I miss Florida terribly already but Lily and Jeanne make up for it. Lily is already asking when we are flying to Disney World ...just the 2 of us ...cause Mommy has to work.

A horrible move is something that will fade into the past soon enough. Talking about Disney with Lily will last forever! Glad to hear your are settling in with the girls.

Hi! I will be staying in a 1br at the BCV this summer. I am just wondering, do all 1brs come with a patio/balcony?
Also I have heard about the refurbishments going on there, are they very drastic, or just the usual referb that all the resorts go through?
TIA!

Hi again! We have a week planned at BC from August 23 - 30 - we are hoping to sell our home and buy a new one in the meantime so hopefully that will go well so that we can be at the BC to celebrate the end of the summer! Last July when we stayed at BC we were upgraded from CL GV to a 1 bedroom suite! This time booked just a SV room to save a few $$ as we'll be spending a pretty penny on our new home.... but I don't care - at least we will be at the BC!

Hi again! We have a week planned at BC from August 23 - 30 - we are hoping to sell our home and buy a new one in the meantime so hopefully that will go well so that we can be at the BC to celebrate the end of the summer! Last July when we stayed at BC we were upgraded from CL GV to a 1 bedroom suite! This time booked just a SV room to save a few $$ as we'll be spending a pretty penny on our new home.... but I don't care - at least we will be at the BC!
Oh, hi there! I saw you on the other thread.

The BCV refurbishment is a major refurb that does occur over time
There are 2 types commonly called soft good refurb and a major hard good refurb. The soft goods are things like painting and new curtains etc.
This hard goods refurb will include new floors, new bathroom tile, kitchen work etc.
so it is major but nothing as drastic as the recent work done at the Poly and scheduled for the WL

Hi! I will be staying in a 1br at the BCV this summer. I am just wondering, do all 1brs come with a patio/balcony?
Also I have heard about the refurbishments going on there, are they very drastic, or just the usual referb that all the resorts go through?
TIA!

So glad you made it to Vegas safely. Sorry to hear that your move was a nightmare. Lily is too adorable. Good luck with your new journey in life.

Happy to hear of your safe arrival. Hoping the moving situation is resolved soon. Aww....Disney trips
With Lily. :grouphug:

Yes, all of the 1 BR villas come with a balcony. So do all of the studios. Some of the master bedrooms in the villa have a balcony, some have just a window. :)

:wave:Sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience with movers. The last thing you need. But happy to hear you arrived, and already plotting with Lily!

Glad you arrived safely...sorry about the movers, hope everything gets straightened out soon.

I was hoping to have an update on the texting service...haven't heard anything from IPO. I would have heard from the GF IPO before this about texting. I'll find out when I arrive...in three days!!! Woohoo!!!

I will be going on a hunt for a Sunken Treasure...how have I missed them?? :confused3 Must have been spending too much time at Boardwalk Joe's. :rotfl2:

Last night, just for fun, I went on the Disney site and looked up hotel availability and prices for the week in October 2016 that would be the equivalent to the one I am planning for in 2017. Sticker shock! A 2 BR villa at the BC is listed as 920.57 excluding tax, and even more surprising was the VWL (which will be heavily into their construction) at 993.29! When we stayed in a 2BR at VWL in mid-August 2014, it was 720.00 per night and then with summer discount it was around 580.00 iirc.
I am going to have to do some serious saving over the next year and a half. I can't imagine what the prices will be in 2017. Yikes!
p.s. It showed no availability at all for BC and YC. I had wanted to compare the cost of doing 2 rooms v. the villa (it's usually cheaper to do the villa).

The BCV refurbishment is a major refurb that does occur over time
There are 2 types commonly called soft good refurb and a major hard good refurb. The soft goods are things like painting and new curtains etc.
This hard goods refurb will include new floors, new bathroom tile, kitchen work etc.
so it is major but nothing as drastic as the recent work done at the Poly and scheduled for the WL
Ok Great! Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it!

Yes, all of the 1 BR villas come with a balcony. So do all of the studios. Some of the master bedrooms in the villa have a balcony, some have just a window. :)
Oh ok that's so great to hear! So I guess that means I won't have to request for a balcony...just an upper floor if I desire...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter