Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Natebenma,
There is also one room CL at the YC without a balcony, at all. I was given it in 2012 for a one night stay. It is a two queen room. It wasn't a big deal, because I wanted to relax at SAB. It was ready at noon when I checked in, I liked that.
It overlooks the gardens. I'm fairly sure it's Standard view, though. I don't think I would have paid for a view for a one night stay.
It was close to the elevators which was handy. :)

Here I go, asking for room numbers again...

The only room I was aware of without a full balcony at the Yacht Club is 5163, which is a club level room. I thought that it had a smaller balcony, but maybe it doesn't have one at all. Or, there is another room out there.

I have never definitively determined the view category but I am pretty sure it is not Garden View, since there are only 5 of those rooms and we have figured out which rooms those are (one overlooks back entrance courtyard and the other 4 have wedding gazebo views)

Anyone care to share info about rooms at the Yacht Club with no, or a smaller balcony?

:thumbsup2

page 375-377

:welcome: and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Sounds like an amazing celebration trip! Where are you staying at the Theme Park that Must Not Be Named? I have a couple (or 3) trip reports with stays at the Portofino and Hard Rock, including one split with Disney (the Hijinks report in my signature). Recent trip including Diagon Alley is the Freezing Florida one.

I hope I am quoting correctly :/

We are staying at the Cabana Bay - we have quite the collection of vintage cars, as well as vintage housewares, so my husband was pretty stoked about the CB! I would love to say at the Portofino - maybe next time?

Thanks for the congratulations!

Here I go, asking for room numbers again...

The only room I was aware of without a full balcony at the Yacht Club is 5163, which is a club level room. I thought that it had a smaller balcony, but maybe it doesn't have one at all. Or, there is another room out there.

I have never definitively determined the view category but I am pretty sure it is not Garden View, since there are only 5 of those rooms and we have figured out which rooms those are (one overlooks back entrance courtyard and the other 4 have wedding gazebo views)

Anyone care to share info about rooms at the Yacht Club with no, or a smaller balcony?

I promise I'll start keeping room numbers. But, this is what I remember, location wise. Up to 5th floor, CL. Off the elevators, turn R to the CM desks. Once at the desks, turn L. It's nearby, on the R hand side of the hall. It's a very rectangular room. Bath and beds on the L side, the window, TV and dresser on the R (as you walk into the room.)

page 375-377

I have read that there are less than favorable reviews on trip advisor (I think a lot of the Disney resorts get slammed there). FWIW, we haven't had people coming back to this thread after their vacations with horror stories. About the most we are hearing is some dings and scratches in the room. I know the biggest issues I experienced at the Beach Club prior to renovation were in the public spaces/hallways. Some fading in the carpeting and tears in upholstery in the hallway furniture.

If others with recent YC stays have experienced a lot of wear and tear in the YC rooms, please let us know.

I just returned from the YC, having stayed in a Garden View room on the 4th floor, overlooking the "renowned" wedding gazebo. As far as wear and tear in the room, the only less-than-perfect item I noticed was the wall covering, which was starting to come apart at the seams in two locations. Everything else in the room was in good condition, from plumbing, to furniture, to flooring, to window treatment.

There were minor issues...no notepad and pen were left in the room, there was no "Welcome" folder on the desk, and there were no disposable cups. The folder and pen/paper were replaced, after leaving a note for Mousekeeping. There were no disposable cups left, however.

I found the public area finishes to be in good condition, as well.

Based on my experience, there was nothing unacceptable, as far as the condition of my room. I would not have any concerns about a return visit, prior to any room refurb.

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking. :) YC fits our needs more, but I am willing to switch if the YC rooms are needing refurb badly. We stayed at the Poly right before a refurb and were fine, but I have read so many negatives about YC that it still makes me wonder.

I think I've posted this on another thread but We stayed at YC the week of Thanksgiving and we could not have been happier! Our last trip was Poly CL, so I was worried that not being CL and not being on the monorail coupled with the fact that YC is scheduled to start a refurb soon (I figured the rooms would be in all sorts of disrepair) it would be a bust. Yes, it's time for the rooms to be updated, but the two rooms we had were still very well maintained and clean. The boat to Epcot and HS was so fun for the kids and the bus service was better on this trip than any in recent memory. It was also nice to be picked up and dropped off before BC. We were much more likely to get a seat on the way to the parks. The resort staff was wonderful and my mom has decided that she doesn't want to stay anywhere else!

Thank you for easing my worries with recent reviews of YC. We have stayed at Boardwalk and love the area so definitely staying in an EPCOT resort. :)

:welcome: to the thread.

Yes. I think there is a link to this post, which is on the Yacht Club View Thread on the Resorts Community subforum, a page or two back.

Room 4176
Standard View
Over Yacht Club Front Entrance Portico
Extra Large (3 room? balcony)
At least one connecting door between two of the rooms.

Here's another:

View attachment 147822

:)

Thanks!!!!! That's huge!

I hope I am quoting correctly :/

We are staying at the Cabana Bay - we have quite the collection of vintage cars, as well as vintage housewares, so my husband was pretty stoked about the CB! I would love to say at the Portofino - maybe next time?

Thanks for the congratulations!
Portofino is amazing!!

I don't love the idea of sharing a balcony, but I have to admit that it has one of the best SV views at the YC, and at least you get lots of space out there.
I wasn't crazy about it when I walked out and saw the shared balcony, but it turned out fine. Nice view and beats looking out at pebble beach, lol. Besides I was the only one using it!

I hope this is OK to ask here...
Staying at BC in August 2016. Not on dining plan this go around. Will try and book a couple breakfast ADRs, but for the most part to keep some food cost down, wewill be eating breakfast we bring. I plan on bringing baked banana bread and pumpkin bread. Is there a place in the BC vicinity that we can go heat it up and grab some butter? More so, is there a place to grab a side of bacon or fruit also? I've never stayed in a resort before that had slim pickings for breakfast food options....always had a place that offered a decent QS type of breakfast also. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I hope this is OK to ask here...
Staying at BC in August 2016. Not on dining plan this go around. Will try and book a couple breakfast ADRs, but for the most part to keep some food cost down, wewill be eating breakfast we bring. I plan on bringing baked banana bread and pumpkin bread. Is there a place in the BC vicinity that we can go heat it up and grab some butter? More so, is there a place to grab a side of bacon or fruit also? I've never stayed in a resort before that had slim pickings for breakfast food options....always had a place that offered a decent QS type of breakfast also. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Don't underestimate the BC Marketplace for your breakfast needs. It can be a bit chaotic in the morning, but it does offer a decent QS breakfast. There is a microwave that you can use and you will be able to order side dishes.

We just stayed at BWI and one morning we walked over to the BC just to have breakfast from the Marketplace. I'd rather buy something at the Marketplace and eat in the Solarium over most of the QS locations I've seen.

YC std view room 4176_facing front entrance and bus stop.JPG Here are a few photos from a recent stay at the YC, in Standard View room #4176, which had the larger shared balcony. I believe that four rooms shared the balcony (far room hidden behind divider wall). The room had two queen beds and a chair with ottoman (no daybed).YC std view room 4176 shared balcony.JPG YC std view room 4176_located at far end of shared balcony.JPG

Last edited:
page 375-377

:welcome:

I am thrilled to be adding you to the list.

:woohoo:

I have read that there are less than favorable reviews on trip advisor (I think a lot of the Disney resorts get slammed there). FWIW, we haven't had people coming back to this thread after their vacations with horror stories. About the most we are hearing is some dings and scratches in the room. I know the biggest issues I experienced at the Beach Club prior to renovation were in the public spaces/hallways. Some fading in the carpeting and tears in upholstrey in the hallway furniture.

If others with recent YC stays have experienced a lot of wear and tear in the YC rooms, please let us know.

No worries! It was a pop quiz and I grade on a curve.

:teacher:

Please let us know when you are official!

::yes::

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

:welcome: and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like an amazing celebration trip! Where are you staying at the Theme Park that Must Not Be Named? I have a couple (or 3) trip reports with stays at the Portofino and Hard Rock, including one split with Disney (the Hijinks report in my signature). Recent trip including Diagon Alley is the Freezing Florida one.

Will do. Have a fantastic trip! Feel free to hang out here with the cool kids if you are so inclined.

Got it!

I'm glad you liked the embellishment on your BOG listing.

And if I haven't said anything yet, thank you to your DH for his service and to your family for your sacrifices.

:grouphug:

:welcome: to the thread. Hopefully one of our friends here from across the pond can help you out with info about where/when you can find the info for 2017.

::yes::
I quick clicked on his user name, it looks like he's from the UK. Hopefully :goodvibes he'll be able to sort it out. Maybe @Choppygirl will have tips to help him find the information on the UK site.

E-mailed Disney in the UK, they have replied that the 2017 packages have not yet been loaded into the system, which contradicts what an earlier poster has said.
Not a huge issue, but I thought the 2017 dates would be up by now.
I'll keep an eye on things.

E-mailed Disney in the UK, they have replied that the 2017 packages have not yet been loaded into the system, which contradicts what an earlier poster has said.
Not a huge issue, but I thought the 2017 dates would be up by now.
I'll keep an eye on things.
Good plan to keep an eye out. I will add that I have had personal experience with finding various things being loaded "early" into the Disney reservation system, and then taken down. It's quite possible that is what happened with the 2017 UK dates that another poster viewed.
Here's hoping the dates will be up soon and you can start planning. :goodvibes

First reports of BCV refurb bing started! From DVCnews.com
(I always prefer getting first-hand reports, so if anyone who is staying at the resort now, or soon could let me know what they are seeing I would appreciate it)

According to a Disney Vacation Club spokesperson, refurbishment work at Disney's Beach Club Villas is now under way. The project began late last week--the week of January 17, 2016.

While it will take time to update all 208 villas at the Beach Club, renovated units will be returned to service in the coming weeks as they are completed.

The entire resort-wide project is expected to last through late-summer 2016. (For the benefit of members already holding reservations for this year, the last day of summer is September 21, 2016.)

Most aspects of the villas are expected to be updated including floor and wall coverings, select furniture, fixtures and linens. Villa bathrooms will also be renovated with new soaker tubs, showers and tile.

Concept of BCV renovation:

BCV Refurb renderings.jpg

I am finally caught up!!! Thank you Jonas!:cheer2:
It has taken a long time, but it was important to me to read every single post.
So much has taken place in these 379 pages- joys and sorrows- but through it all the one constant is support. It has been amazing to witness and I hope to feel like a part of it now that I am not playing catch- up. (it would have felt very strange to "like" or respond to posts from months ago)
Anyhow, I want to thank everyone here for the extensive notes I have taken! Natebenma and other regulars: you are all so helpful and amazingly patient! (when you read 379 pages, you see a lot of the same questions asked over and over) You are all so kind and never make anyone feel bad, even when you are directing them to page one for the umpteenth time.
My trip is not official yet, too soon to book, but I love to plan. Thanks again for making this a fantastic thread!!

The Disney UK site has 2017 loaded with tickets and resorts, dining plans are apparently being released later :goodvibes Just checked again a couple of minutes ago and it's all there, no YC for my dates but plenty of BC availability. I've booked through another company for 2017 and my reservation is showing on MDE, even though it's a 2017 booking, makes it all seem so real when you can see your booking on MDE :cool1:

Can you please add my dates 25 April-3 May 2017 BC waterview?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter