Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

First reports of BCV refurb bing started! From DVCnews.com
(I always prefer getting first-hand reports, so if anyone who is staying at the resort now, or soon could let me know what they are seeing I would appreciate it)

According to a Disney Vacation Club spokesperson, refurbishment work at Disney's Beach Club Villas is now under way. The project began late last week--the week of January 17, 2016.

While it will take time to update all 208 villas at the Beach Club, renovated units will be returned to service in the coming weeks as they are completed.

The entire resort-wide project is expected to last through late-summer 2016. (For the benefit of members already holding reservations for this year, the last day of summer is September 21, 2016.)

Most aspects of the villas are expected to be updated including floor and wall coverings, select furniture, fixtures and linens. Villa bathrooms will also be renovated with new soaker tubs, showers and tile.

Concept of BCV renovation:

View attachment 147931
Any idea if they are going to be doing the renovation floor by floor? I believe that the BC was done with the top floors first. I am hoping that for our upcoming stay in June if we request a high floor, it will be renovated!!

Any idea if they are going to be doing the renovation floor by floor? I believe that the BC was done with the top floors first. I am hoping that for our upcoming stay in June if we request a high floor, it will be renovated!!

You can always request a renovated room. :thumbsup2

Any word if the rooms will be getting the murphy bed? That was why we booked WLV to begin with, now moved to BCV this would be exactly what we need.

I hope this is OK to ask here...
Staying at BC in August 2016. Not on dining plan this go around. Will try and book a couple breakfast ADRs, but for the most part to keep some food cost down, wewill be eating breakfast we bring. I plan on bringing baked banana bread and pumpkin bread. Is there a place in the BC vicinity that we can go heat it up and grab some butter? More so, is there a place to grab a side of bacon or fruit also? I've never stayed in a resort before that had slim pickings for breakfast food options....always had a place that offered a decent QS type of breakfast also. Any suggestions? Thanks!
The Marketplace as Janet says has toasters, microwave, and you can buy sides of bacon, and other breakfast items.

Don't underestimate the BC Marketplace for your breakfast needs. It can be a bit chaotic in the morning, but it does offer a decent QS breakfast. There is a microwave that you can use and you will be able to order side dishes.

We just stayed at BWI and one morning we walked over to the BC just to have breakfast from the Marketplace. I'd rather buy something at the Marketplace and eat in the Solarium over most of the QS locations I've seen.
Best breakfast potatoes ever!
On a side note did you notice our CAD went up this morning!

View attachment 147880 Here are a few photos from a recent stay at the YC, in Standard View room #4176, which had the larger shared balcony. I believe that four rooms shared the balcony (far room hidden behind divider wall). The room had two queen beds and a chair with ottoman (no daybed).View attachment 147877 View attachment 147879
We had that room too!

First reports of BCV refurb bing started! From DVCnews.com
(I always prefer getting first-hand reports, so if anyone who is staying at the resort now, or soon could let me know what they are seeing I would appreciate it)

According to a Disney Vacation Club spokesperson, refurbishment work at Disney's Beach Club Villas is now under way. The project began late last week--the week of January 17, 2016.

While it will take time to update all 208 villas at the Beach Club, renovated units will be returned to service in the coming weeks as they are completed.

The entire resort-wide project is expected to last through late-summer 2016. (For the benefit of members already holding reservations for this year, the last day of summer is September 21, 2016.)

Most aspects of the villas are expected to be updated including floor and wall coverings, select furniture, fixtures and linens. Villa bathrooms will also be renovated with new soaker tubs, showers and tile.

Concept of BCV renovation:

View attachment 147931
Long overdue!

@natebenma please could you add me to your list? :-)

22 May - 5 June BC - Dad's 65th birthday

Thank you so much
Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

sarahb74 2016 BC

January :hourglass

JanetMom Jan 2-9 (or longer if she discovers the secret closet) BWI (yes, wrong resort, but her heart is with BC)

HumblePie Jan 2016 BC (Big BD celebration)

Flamefamr Jan 1 BCV (Christmas Surprise!)
sunnygal041 Jan 7-10 BC (Marathon Weekend)
dpswift Jan 3-5 BC (after POFQ)
Lollipop's Mom Jan 4-12 YC
rteetz Jan 6-11 YC CL (Marathon Weekend)
MickeyT Jan 6-11 BCV **7th Annual Family Marathon Weekend**
PCFriar80 Jan 6-14 BCV (Disney Marathon)
maganda Jan 8-12 YC (4th Annual Marathon weekend)
johny3 Jan 13-?? BC
mickeymomtx Jan 13-17 BC CL with DH (after POFQ 1/9-13 with sister)
DoleWhipMom Jan 16-20 BC CL GV
ThreeKMom Jan 16-23 BC
pokanos Jan 19-27 BC
parith1114 Jan 22-25 BC? CL SV (girls trip)
kcpinwdw Jan 23-?? YC
btk2333 Jan 23-31 BCV
Crazyhorse Jan 25-29 YC CL (DH's 65th BD)
kimj88 Jan 27-Feb 1 BCV (after Poly stay 1/23-27)
NPRinLA Jan 30-Feb 6 YC CL (BD trip)
SingingMom end of Jan BC WV (first stay)

February :love:

amylevan Feb BC or YC
SwanVT2 Feb BCV (DD3's first trip)
swanprincess06 YC/ BC CL split (Princess Half, 10th Anniversary :love2:)
captaindavidhook Feb (maybe)
renes Feb YC GV
CampbellScot Feb YC
bethan92 Feb YC (then hopping unless they can stay at YC/BC) (Princess Half)
mieuxmew Feb BC (work conference, trip with mom)
eastendlights Feb/Mar BC CL LV
JulieODC Feb/Mar YC LV (split stay, Poly 1 night, YC 3 nights, WL 2 nights)
figmentedfollies Feb Moved to WL

ALMinVA Feb 1-6 YC
Maxie86 Feb 3-9 YC
MadisonMouse13 Feb 12-20 BC
jd99 Feb 13-?? YC (father-daughter trip)
mynameistaken Feb 14 YC
KerryCM Feb 17-24 BC (44th Anniversary :love:)
DIS-OH Feb 18-22 BC (Princess Half)
Wood Nymph Feb 20-24 BC
nascargirl Feb 22-24 BC (after Daytona 500)
Cluelyss Feb 26-28 YC (40th BD)
eeyoreland Feb 29-March 4 BC

March :shamrock:

JaimeK March YC (maybe)
canadiandisneymommy March BCV (maybe)
DSLRuser March 8 days YC
aggiedog March BCV 2BR

shellyb84 March 8-10 YC (then 3 nights CBR)
mydisneyobsession March 11-14 YC CL (before Poly 3/14-22)
MrToadfan March 12-19 YC CL
suse66 March 12-19 YC
TPTraveler March 19-26 Poly/BC Spring Break Split with sister & family

April :butterfly

doccoc2002 April YC (moved to Poly)
krist315 April BC
Conno April 2016 YC
adear11 April BC 9 days
Princess_K April BC
gorjus121 April YC WV (split with Marriott Harbor Lake)

summerw April 2-13 BC (hopefully) (split with AoA LM, 3/31-4/2)
TeacherDL April 3-6 BCV 1BR (split stay with Universal)
nancyjo1998 April 8-10 BC
Cait8383 April 8-11 YC
ALK$Disney April 9 (before cruise) BC
Kathy K April 10-16 BC
MaC410 April 11-21 YC Honeymoon :love:
MickeyT April 14-18 BCV (Star Wars Weekend Race)
momtwoboys April 15-22 BCV studio
gwynne April 16-22 YC CL
sarahann77 April 20-23 BC (with mom)
Sorrel April 21-May ?? (2 weeks) YC
disgirl42 April 29-May 6 YC
Best_Vacation_EVER! April 29-May 10 BC CL WV
csmolu April 30-May 8 YC CL SV
100acreHiker late April BC SV (3 nights)

May :daisy:

Nicnic May ??? BC
The Littles May
Tess May BCV
daughertyk May YC
Princess Mulan May YC
Christine9125 May YC Honeymoon :love:
Jon84 May Moved to Poly
Music City Mama Changed Dates, moved to BWI

CowgirlTN May 6-9 BCV 1BR
CJMickeyMouse May 6-10 YC GV (split with AKL)
katyj26 May 7-14 BC LV
jpalasky May 7-14 BC CL
Blondie Wolfe May 10-21 BC (Honeymoon) :love2:
Tess May 12-20 BCV
cel_Disney May 14-18 BCV (triple split-stay, Star Wars race weekend)
louey May 21-27 YC (Girls Trip)
princessemsmom May 22-24 (after POR May 15-22)
ZehnJahren May 24-27 YC (split with POR and maybe POP)
Supermom3 May 24-30 BC
sunnysideup3 May 24-30 YC
camnhan May 25-June 2 YC
39CINDERELLA May 26-June ?? BC
cantoine May 27-30 BC Premium Plan
MamaToDavis May 28-June 3 BC
Mizner Lounger May 29-June 4 YC CL Deluxe (nephew's 5th BD)
Hi Pluto May 30-June 5 BC/POR

June :cool2:

sydneysmom June
trimad22 June BC
jeremy1002 June BC
helenb June YC
ckmommy June 2 BCV studios
heidijanesmith June BC

TristiK June 5-12 YC GV
Jfsag123 June 6-12 BCV (followed by 6 nights BLT)
DawnMaree June 8-12 YC CL SV (after CR TPV)
msdroz June 9-15 YC CL
lhall7 June 16-23 BC SV
deez1966 June 17-28 BC (25th Anniversary, DD 18th BD, graduation) :love:
disny_luvr June 18-25 BC (Twins 10th BD)
kraeurb June 20-26 (after US/Poly, celebrating 8th grade grad and confirmation)
zeppy68 June 22-27 BC?
RWathen June 24-July 5 (DD 16th BD)

July :hippie:

Danex July
Fie08 July BC CL
ellie&mattysmom July, 6 nights BC or YC???

maxiesmom July 2-6 BC
ixmnrs July 3-10 YC (conference)
shellyb84 July 5-12 BC (after 3 nights Poly, DD 6th BD)
SMP88 July 5-13 BC Honeymoon :love:
Kansasdisneygal July 26-Aug 4 BC Honeymoon :love2:
rlahansler July 30-Aug 5 BCV 2BR (then Universal)

August :sunny:

gemini2727 Aug
LorrieAnn5 Aug BC
wizneather78 Aug BC
gomets Aug YC
ReluctantDisaholic Aug BC 3 nights (split with Poly/GF)
Sunshine11 Aug YC or BC?
tink228 maybe, Aug YC or BC?
chloelovesdisney Aug YC or BC?
Dariansue Aug BC

DisneyYahoo Aug 6-15 BCV
BuzzyBelle Aug 7-14 BCV
mommyrosa2 Aug 10-18 BC
wdwlver Aug 13-21 BCV
HubbDave Aug 14-21 BC
bookluvingbabe Aug 15-19 BC
MYD714 Aug 16-24 BC
HockeyMomR Aug 17-20 BC CL
Schwaa Aug 17-24 BC WV
ah10is Aug 19-23 YC (followed by Poly 8/23-27)
Nicholmom3 Aug 19-27 BC
clambert1273 Aug 19-27 BC
zokaluse Aug 19-29 BC (after RPR 8/14, then Dream Cruise 8/29 and FL beaches)
johnvideo Aug 21-27 BC
rchampagne Aug 21-27 BC
Pinkgirl Aug 21-Sept 2 2016 YC
Sarahb Aug 21-Sept 2 BC 2016 BC
KristenGoebel Aug 22-29 BC
jester Aug 22-30 BC CL
MarkE83 Aug 23-Sept 2 YC
mom_of_2 Aug 24-31 BC
gomets Aug 25-Sept 1 YC
momofmickey Aug 26-Sept 3 YC
AspenLL Aug 27-Sept 3 BC

Sept :teacher:

EmmaMagsMom Labor Day
toystoryduo Labor Day BC
todds34 Sept either YC CL or BC CL (DD's 21st BD surprise)

tinkerbella16 Sept 3-10 BC (3 rooms)
Rags Sept 4-11 BC
crazymomof4 Sept 9-19 BC (maybe)
tsme Sept 10-16 BC CL
focusondisney Sept 10-17 YC CL GV
courtneybeth Sept 17-20 BC
kimmy85 Sept 18-23 BCV
Disneydragonfly Sept 22-29 BC CL SV
mcurrence Sept 23 (then Fantasy cruise)
beck00 Sept 28-Oct 2 BC (adults only trip)
tinkerpea Sept-Oct 2016 BC

October :hmghost:

allymouse first week in Oct BCV (or BWV)

SpaceMtnGirl Oct 1-8 BC SV
vanwoo Oct 1-13 BC 1 BR Suite
natebenma Oct 16-21 YC CL (30th Anniversary :love:)
PCFriar80 Oct 20-28 BCV
Elevationist Oct 22-28 BC GV
Grandma G Oct 22-29
crazy4wdw Oc 22-29 BC
Hopefully Oct 22-29 BCV 1BR (Food & Wine)
Melanie415 Oct 23-28 BCV 1BR (after BLT)
Nicnic Oct 24-Nov 7 BC (F&W, maybe MVMCP)
DanaW Oct 28-Nov ?

November :squirrel:

Three Cats Nov 2016 2 weeks
Gilrond Nov 2-7 YC CL
Bellabully Nov 2-12 BC SV (BD trip, F&W, MVMCP)
ktmo Nov 4-8 BCV 1 BR
momabaarjo Nov 4-9 BC (Girls Running Trip)
Hadjii Nov 10-16 YC CL (DSis BD)
cocoabean1 Nov 13-21 BC CL GV (DH 60th BD)
Family Loves Disney Nov 18-26 BC GV
dansdad Nov 19-26 YC
JediBonas Nov 20-Dec 8 BC
Jon84 Nov 24-Dec 8 2016 BC
ClareH37 Nov 27-Dec 3 YC CL LV

December :santa:

JoeyAnyC Dec BCV 2BR

CynBeth Dec 2-11 YC
debvee Dec 4-10 BC GV
mustlovecats Dec 4-11 BC CL GV
KerryCM Dec 6-13 BC GV
FutureMrsF Dec 24-26 BC

louey YC Family Vacation

PCFriar80 Jan 4-12 BCV (Half Marathon)
busymommy2pink May 9-17
ChipnDaleRule July 2017 BC
CerysG mid Aug 2017 YC
Choppygirl Aug 2017 BC/YC
bluecastle Oct 2017 BCV (maybe)
jaceraden Nov 2017 BCV?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2016 Page 374

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

The Disney UK site has 2017 loaded with tickets and resorts, dining plans are apparently being released later :goodvibes Just checked again a couple of minutes ago and it's all there, no YC for my dates but plenty of BC availability. I've booked through another company for 2017 and my reservation is showing on MDE, even though it's a 2017 booking, makes it all seem so real when you can see your booking on MDE :cool1:

Can you please add my dates 25 April-3 May 2017 BC waterview?

Do your dates fall outside of what will be free dining?

Do your dates fall outside of what will be free dining?

Not going by previous years but you never know going forward, tbh free dining doesn't bother me as I'm intending to eat at a few non dining plan restaurants this time but I wanted to firm up on my flights more than anything.

Weird question for the YC/BC experts: DH and I will be there next week for an adults only anniversary trip (SQUEEEE!). Anyway, he's super into the guided fishing excursion, but at $270, that's almost 1/3 of our total spending money for the trip. Do you know if they will take another couple and us to split the cost? Like, if 2 couples who didn't know each other BOTH wanted to book at the same time, do you think they would offer to split the total for us?

Just having a really hard time justifying the cost, but it's like, the only thing my DH wants to do recreationally.

I have a question about the standard view rooms at the Beach Club which overlook the front of the hotel. Does anyone know if your hear a lot of noise from these rooms from the cars and buses as they arrive and depart the resort?

Last edited:
I have a question about the standard view rooms at the Beach Club which overlook the front of the hotel. Does anyone know if your hear a lot of noise from these rooms from the cars and buses as they arrive and depart the resort?
It depends how close your room is to the entrance door. We had a standard view room that overlooked the huge roof, about midway between the entrance door and the end of the resort closest to the YC, and we didn't hear any noise. The parking lot is set far back, and so is the bus stop. But some people can hear the Magical Express if their room is close to the driveway.

It depends how close your room is to the entrance door. We had a standard view room that overlooked the huge roof, about midway between the entrance door and the end of the resort closest to the YC, and we didn't hear any noise. The parking lot is set far back, and so is the bus stop. But some people can hear the Magical Express if their room is close to the driveway.

That was my experience. I could hear every time the ME pulled up to the BC. My room was directly over the portico. Sometimes, I could also hear people talking (or yelling) loudly in the front drive. But, then, again, with the thin walls at the BC/YC, sometimes you can hear people in the room next door; so, I guess you can't complain about outdoor chatter. During a recent YC visit, however, my room overlooked the front entry, but it seemed far more quiet. I was not bothered by any noises out front.

During last weekend's visit to the YC, there was a change in weather on my last day, for the better, as the temperature rose considerably from the frosty temps of prior days. I wanted to enjoy one last bit of warm fresh air, before heading down to the ME, so I opened the patio door in my room, before I finished packing. I ended up listening to a little one's serenade. He was standing on the next balcony over, singing Jingle Bells, which morphed into the theme from Star Wars. You just never know what you are going to hear at WDW. I am getting used to not having all the noises bother me so much, anymore. :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Got all of our dining booked yesterday and excited to say I was able to book everything we wanted, when we wanted!!! I have a few questions now though, since this will be our first time staying at BC.

1) Our flight is schedule to arrive from Kansas City at 9:10am. I scheduled lunch at Beaches & Cream at 12:30pm. That should be plenty of time, correct?

2) Booked a dinner at Shula's at the Dolphin. About how long does it take to walk to the Dolphin? Or would boat be faster?

3) Booked a pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:10am. What time can we expect busses to start running in the morning? What time should we plan to leave?

Thanks so much, you all are awesome!

Quick question: How far in advance do you usually heard from the itinerary planning services in Club Level?

Hearing from the IPO about an upcoming stay can be hit or miss. Once you have a confirmed reservation you are welcome to can contact the IPO by email or phone.
I usually email the IPO when I make my reservation. I include our last name and reservation # in the subject line.
Then I mention who's coming and any questions or request I have. You can also make room requests this way.
Contact information for the Yacht and Beach Club IPOs is included in post #12 of this thread.
Happy Planning! :goodvibes

Last edited:
1) Our flight is schedule to arrive from Kansas City at 9:10am. I scheduled lunch at Beaches & Cream at 12:30pm. That should be plenty of time, correct?
When our flight lands around 9:30am then we are usually at the Beach Club by around 11am. So you should be there in plenty of time. :)

2) Booked a dinner at Shula's at the Dolphin. About how long does it take to walk to the Dolphin? Or would boat be faster?
I would give yourself at least fifteen minutes to get to the Dolphin. It isn't very far at all. I don't think that the boat would be faster.

3) Booked a pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:10am. What time can we expect busses to start running in the morning? What time should we plan to leave?
The buses are supposed to start running around 6:30am. I would be at the bus stop no later than 7am just in case.

page 378-380

FYI- Teena arrived in Las Vegas last night. I believe ground has been broken on the home she is building and will hopefully be completed in late spring. In the meantime she will be sharing an apartment with Jeanne and Lily.

I just returned from the YC, having stayed in a Garden View room on the 4th floor, overlooking the "renowned" wedding gazebo. As far as wear and tear in the room, the only less-than-perfect item I noticed was the wall covering, which was starting to come apart at the seams in two locations. Everything else in the room was in good condition, from plumbing, to furniture, to flooring, to window treatment.

*snip*

Thank you so much for sharing your observations about the YC room conditions.

:goodvibes:

I think I've posted this on another thread but We stayed at YC the week of Thanksgiving and we could not have been happier! Our last trip was Poly CL, so I was worried that not being CL and not being on the monorail coupled with the fact that YC is scheduled to start a refurb soon (I figured the rooms would be in all sorts of disrepair) it would be a bust. Yes, it's time for the rooms to be updated, but the two rooms we had were still very well maintained and clean. The boat to Epcot and HS was so fun for the kids and the bus service was better on this trip than any in recent memory. It was also nice to be picked up and dropped off before BC. We were much more likely to get a seat on the way to the parks. The resort staff was wonderful and my mom has decided that she doesn't want to stay anywhere else!

:welcome: to the thread, and thank you so much for sharing your review of the YC rooms. I'm sure we will be getting a lot of questions about the condition in advance of the refurbishment work.

Glad to hear that you will be a returning guest!

:thumbsup2

I hope this is OK to ask here...
Staying at BC in August 2016. Not on dining plan this go around. Will try and book a couple breakfast ADRs, but for the most part to keep some food cost down, wewill be eating breakfast we bring. I plan on bringing baked banana bread and pumpkin bread. Is there a place in the BC vicinity that we can go heat it up and grab some butter? More so, is there a place to grab a side of bacon or fruit also? I've never stayed in a resort before that had slim pickings for breakfast food options....always had a place that offered a decent QS type of breakfast also. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think you have received some answers. Here's my input.

Yes, there are microwaves and toasters available in the Marketplace. You can also request a microwave from housekeeping and it will be provided based on availability.

I believe there are pats of butter available. Not sure if they are out in the open or for (with) purchase.

Definitely pieces of fruit and I think containers of cut-up fruit. There were packages of berries in the display case, obscenely priced IMO, during my trip in January.

When I get a chance, I'll post a couple of pictures. I had a bunch posted in the link on the Marketplace post on Page 1 but when I went to post them here, I saw they had disappeared. Need to fix that...

::yes::

Here are a few photos from a recent stay at the YC, in Standard View room #4176, which had the larger shared balcony. I believe that four rooms shared the balcony (far room hidden behind divider wall). The room had two queen beds and a chair with ottoman (no daybed).View attachment 147877

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter