Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1804

Hi, can you change our reservation details on the Be Our Guest List? We were 6/30-7/11 after 3 nights at OKW. We are now June 30-7/13 at YC only. Celebrating our 26th anniversary! Thank you!

Will do!!!

:woohoo:

Transferred to YC today from CR. I LOVE our standard view room. It is a corner room so we have extra windows! It’s club level but booked as regular since club is not open. It’s room 5210.
View attachment 567072View attachment 567073

Sorry it has taken me so long to :welcome:you to posting on this thread!

Hope you had an absolutely magical trip!

Thank you so much for sharing the room pictures. I don't think I have the details on this room for the Yacht Club View thread. What was the bedding? Two Queens? Was there a daybed? Tub and shower or shower only?

Thank you!!!

:cool1:

Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list?
My family of 5 and DH's brother, SIL, our niece and my MIL are all staying at the BC late march 2022.

This is my family's 2nd trip (we stayed at BC Nov 2019) and everyone else's 1st! Hoping and praying our vacationing styles mesh! 😬 We are rope-droppers. Them...probably not so much! So it's up to me to figure out how we can all get our money's worth.

:welcome:

Will do!

As others have said, the best thing you can do is your own thing so that you all have the vacation you want at a pace that is comfortable for each group. Have a few set things to do together and plans to meet up at the parks. Will cell phones, it is easy to touch base throughout the day.

Disney is the perfect place for that kind of trip, since there are so many transportation options allowing people to bail out when they are ready.

:grouphug:

We were over at universal yesterday and will be for at least the morning today. I’ll report back if we end up using it! We went after 4 on arrival day with no wait and the weather isn’t looking great the next couple of days though so I’m not sure we’ll need it haha. Planned pool day Wednesday though :)

Thank you!

Page 1805-1806

What time is the BC main pool open until? And when are the quiet pools open until? Are the hot tubs always open?

When is your trip?

:cool2:

Hello, I just booked a stay at the YC (water view) for my dd and me June 17-24! Please add us to the Guest List. This will be our first time staying at the YC! We usually stay at the Poly, but wanted the ability to walk to two parks. I have been reading many posts here, thanks for all of the valuable info.

I'll add you to the list.

Thanks for the kind words- please let us know if you have any questions!

Same review says "Everyone here is extremely angry and unfriendly. "

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Ha! Ha!

Totally the opposite experience most of us have encountered here.

:sad2:

I prefer the BC quiet pool, but they are both very nice.

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

Thanks for your input.

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee, I posted just before the outage. We are going to be at BC from July 5-12

I think I got it before it went away (part of my reply post that disappeared).

I added you to the list.

:woohoo:

Page 1808

Can someone help me with a question? At the beach club do they still have tubes for you to use in the lazy river? Also, are they still selling noodles to use in the main part of the pool? We just booked a fast trip for 5/5-5/10 and I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy and bring down. Last question what kind activities do they do now by the pool? anymore tye dying or sand art? Thank you

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Which resort- BCV or YC?

I didn't see that anyone answered your question, and I haven't seen any pictures of SAB since it reopened. I am assuming that pool tubes are still available, because I haven't seen any complaints that they are not, but we all know about assuming...

Roger June 2017.jpg

Can anyone answer if pool noodles are still for sale at the BC Marketplace, and/or Market at Ale & Compass? Bonus points if you know the cost! (Was $5/noodle last time I was there in 2019)

:fish:

Been off the board for a while because was visiting yc 3/29-4/4 and it’s been rough getting back into groove since ;)
We had a great time! Standard room had a tree top view and shower only which we loved. Got ROR 2x and was obsessed with SAB. We returned to the hotel and pool each day 2:00-3:00, there were short lines except for 1 day which was longer than we wanted so we just headed over to the quiet pool for a bit. Everything was very organized and well kept. It was our first trip back to the world in 2 years and it felt amazing being back “home” we really missed it..

So glad to hear how much you enjoyed your trip!

:dogdance:

Hi! We had a Disneyland trip in Sept 2020 that was, of course, canceled. We rented points for VGC for that trip, so we now have a credit to spend. We decided a week or two ago to reschedule the trip, but we're moving it to Disney World! We put in for our DVC rental dates and are waiting to hear if we get it, but if all goes well we'll be at Beach Club Villas in January to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary 16 months late 😄

I'll pencil you in on the list for January.

Anyone know the current hours for Storm Along Bay?

As previously indicated, currently 10 am to 11 pm.

When is your trip?

Thank you so much for sharing the room pictures. I don't think I have the details on this room for the Yacht Club View thread. What was the bedding? Two Queens? Was there a daybed? Tub and shower or shower only?

5210 was 2 queens, tub/shower. The couch may have converted to bed? Do they do that at YC? I can’t definitively remember. The couch is in my pics if you can tell by looking at it.

Thank you for maintaining such an active, up-to-date thread!

Page 1809-1812

We're coming down mid-July and I admit this is one line I won't enjoy being on. On the bright side, hopefully chair hoarding won't be an issue any longer. I'm assuming that if you reserve a cabana you're guaranteed entrance? We were planning on getting a cabana anyway.....

Make sure you call to book the cabana as soon as you are able to- 60 days from your check-in day. Recent reports indicate that it is very difficult to book a cabana since there are only 4 available, only full-day rentals are allowed, and guests are looking for a guaranteed spot at the pool & pampering on their trips.

:beach:

They call them leisure pools now. They used to call them quiet pools until they decided to not enforce the etiquette rules.

I’m here now and what you don’t hear...anywhere...is laughter. It’s just not fun right now. I’m not going to argue with anyone, it’s just how things are. The newcomers who like the emptiness say it’s good for them, but those who live love WDW are having a rough time.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

These are definitely tough times for everyone right now. I haven't been back to WDW since the reopening, but there are a lot of (necessary) changes to the typical trips we are all used to.

I hope you were able to enjoy your time at the resort and at the parks.

::yes::

I’m sorry you’re feeling that way.

I went in February with my girlfriends and we had a wonderful time, with lots of laughs. Obviously, things are very different but it was so good for my soul to take a trip with my friends. I’m sorry you’re experience hasn’t been the same.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Thanks for your input.

We just got back and I have to say that the Beach Club/BCV continues to be a favorite of ours. Even with a room down a long hallway of doom, we quite enjoyed our stay and the location. I just wish they were running more buses. Seemed the BC/YC buses were little unicorns at times while we saw Boardwalk bus after bus arrive.

As to Stormalong Bay, this was one of the things we were most looking forward to trying out. I didn't manage to go during my last trip due to timing. This time we had a cabana one day (cabana #1). If it is possible for you to do so, I highly recommend the cabanas. It was so glorious to have that space. We spent 10:30-4:30 at the pool one day and cannot imagine we would have stayed nearly as long without the cabana.

The one other day we went to the pool was a VERY busy day. We did manage to get chairs right away but we had to wait on a few people ahead of in line to get seated before us. Unfortunately the chairs we were given were seated on the sun itself and I felt like a melty puddle o' goo. Thankfully, someone near us left shortly after we arrived and a CM let me swap places with them for the now vacant spot in the shade. Lesson learned: request a spot in the shade and wait even if we have to get one.

Now I also have a question. We had so much fun, I went to book a trip for next year and could get nothing mid-April in BCV. Do y'all know if they are limiting what can be booked for next year at this time? There actually seemed to be relatively little openings for some hotels all the way into April 2022.

Thank you for sharing the details of your experiences during your tip.

Glad you found the answer to your booking question. I'll pencil you in for next April.

Going bcv June 12 to the 20. Anyone know what the pool hours will be then for SAB and when is pool likely to hit capacity? Okay with going to pool in morning if we have to but if pool isn't opening till 10 that's park time wasted. Plus we really prefer afternoon, but not of we cannot get in. Could go night too depending on when it closes. Is hurricane Hannah's gonna serve hot food again?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have said, we really don't know what changes will be in place in June. Typically, the pool has opened at 9 am in the summer. You can check out Page 1, Post 2 to see the hours for SAB in previous years, but that doesn't mean it will be the same this year.

:fish:

Are the lines very long?

Just want to give you a :welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

Just saw an article showing horrific long lines to get in to stormalong bay. Is anyone there now that can say just how long the wait is at peak times? We are booked for 10 days in September, so hoping it’s better by then, but really planning a lot of pool time so need a good plan maybe.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

A few people have reported waits of around 10 minutes when there is a line. I don't know if anyone who has posted here has experienced longer waits. It will be interesting to hear how the mobile virtual line for the pool works out.

:goodvibes

Can you pay for a cabana reservation with a Disney rewards card?

I don't see why not, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have to pay for the cabanas up-front when you reserve? If so, and if you cancel, then I believe that the refund would go back onto the rewards card.

As always recommended, if you pay for anything like a room reservation, activity or dining that requires pre-payment by gift card or rewards card, keep the card until the vacation or event is over in case something needs to be refunded.

💸

Is the kiddie pool area under the Jib Slide currently open? I haven't seen any news one way or the other, or if there have been any capacity issues.

Guppy Bay Kiddie Pool and Slide

There's even a place for little pirates to slide and splash!

Water depth is approximately 2 1/2 to 3 feet throughout this section.

kiddieslidearea.jpg

kiddieslide1.jpg

kiddieslide.jpg

Page 1813-1814

Opinions needed on SAB in June. What would you consider Peak Hours? Mid-day as in noon-3? Later afternoon as in 3-6? Evenings when people are returning form the parks from 6-9? We usually take pool breaks every day, generally somewhere during the 3-6 or 6-9 timeframes. Never having dealt with capacity at pools, I may need to adjust some plans. The grands feel cheated if they cant have a daily Disney Pool Break, even if it is just for 30-45 minutes!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

Pay attention to what people are posting about the pool situation, especially closer to your trip. How old are the grands? There are 3 traditional "quiet/leisure" pools that should be available without crowding restrictions- sometimes kids don't care about all the bells and whistles and just want to swim!

We made some small changes to our trip for the BoG list for the next time it’s updated.

We are staying at the Yacht Club instead of Beach Club (I’ve gone back and forth on this several times now). But we ultimately decided to go from a BC garden view to a YC water view, partly because I prefer hard floors in hotel rooms.
And we adjusted the dates of our stay. We are staying at YC for the first part of our trip now:

01/26/21-02/02/2022

any suggestions for room requests? We like to not be too far from bus stops, food, etc. I was thinking somewhere closer to the BC side so we’re more in the middle? But I’ve never stayed here so my knowledge is limited.🥰

Got it!

Do you have a preference for floor (first floor, middle or high floor)? Do you need a daybed for an extra sleeping surface?

One possible request could be "Close to lobby elevator" which would put you in the middle of the action.

Does the cabana reservation allow you to skip the line to get in? It sounds glorious!

When is your trip?

I believe someone answered affirmatively in a subsequent post.

::yes::

Got it!

Do you have a preference for floor (first floor, middle or high floor)? Do you need a daybed for an extra sleeping surface?

One possible request could be "Close to lobby elevator" which would put you in the middle of the action.

We do usually prefer top floor to avoid hearing kiddos, or super excited adults, running around. :) I'm a super excited adult, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum while in the hotel! What will probably be my first request. And the "Close to lobby elevator" sounds like a good option too. DH hates having to walk far from the elevators to get to his room!

Thanks for the advice!

Could anyone that recently visited the BC/YC verify whether the BC courtyard construction (adjacent to the lobby) has been completed? I saw several photos and articles notifying of the construction, but I cannot find any follow-up stories.

May the Force be with you.

Hello all, trying to catch up on reviews that I've been lax about. We stayed at YC over Easter break, April 3-8. I booked a standard view room and was given a room on the 5th floor, which of course got me excited for a few minutes, but the lounge was indeed still all locked up, sadly. We had Room 5199 which we really liked. Contrary to our stay at the GF in November where we booked LV and got a mostly-tree view, our standard view room at the YC was very nice. Looking down was the roof, but looking straight ahead was the resort and also the top of Epcot ball. To the right was the pool and Epcot. Very nice view for Standard and we'd happily take this room again.

Full tub and shower, loose bottles of shampoo, etc., keurig, daybed, full balcony, adjoining room.

SAB had long lines each time we walked by during our stay. However, once inside, the pool was not crowded. One time we had a table and 2 lounge chairs. Another time we had 4 lounge chairs.

B&C takeout window is still closed, and a worker inside said the health dept shut them down after they had initially opened because some of the workers near the takeout window had to be too close at times. So with the window still closed, the later reservations were being taken up by people who only wanted ice cream, which had a ripple effect of hungry people heading to the YC Market to get some food later at night, which led to long waiting times and lots of unhappy people. We opted to head down to B&C at 10pm on a few nights and they were always able to seat us sometime after that. However, it's a gamble and certainly not a for-sure thing that a table will open up. Side note: they disabled the walk-up waiting list because they were too overwhelmed with people wanting ice cream. Not sure if it was just during our stay or if it's a more permanent thing.

Mug refill station CMs were told all guests had to have mugs in hand to get drinks in the paper cups. They said some guests were sharing receipts. I wish they would give out paper wristbands or something when guests buy the mugs. It was a bit inconvenient to carry the paper cups and mugs at the same time, but we made it work.

Not a lot of Easter decorations in lobby, but cute what they had. I took pics. They didn't have the candy scatter this year but did a scavenger hunt for all ages (we loved it!). A lot of this has probably already been discussed, so I'll just post some pics.

YC Standard View (Club Level) #5199
Daybed, full tub/shower, adjoining room

View straight ahead:
YC 5199 straight ahead.jpeg

View straight ahead zoomed in:
YC 5199 straight zoom.jpeg

View to the right zoomed in:
YC 5199 right.jpeg

Security note in room:
B2EA643C-269D-46A3-BC5D-AA94A03EF8E7.jpeg

Take-out window at Beaches & Cream:

BC takeout window.jpeg

Easter in lobby:
YC lobby.jpeg

F2B0A497-7113-4D4A-85FA-44E5E3E0EE84.jpeg

Easter morning scavenger hunt reward:

YC easter basket.jpeg

55AB9F5A-E12F-45F7-AD3D-1BECDA87369D.jpeg

Yacht Club first timer here! I booked a Garden View in October. I made my only request that the room be facing the gazebo. I’ve found, at other resorts, that if I only have one request, I usually get it. What are my chances of me having that request honored at Yacht Club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter