Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well, you learn something new every day.
We are in WDW for 10 nights, 11 days. I bought at 10 day park hopper, and just called to add day 11.
You can't add a day 11.

What? Yes, I know you can upgrade to an AP, but that's $300 more, and because we....JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE...(surprise!)....there's no way we'll be back before next August. What a bummer! Because we're ending our stay at BC, and our flight out of MCO isn't until 8:59 PM, we were really looking forward to lounging at the hotel until check-out, then leisurely touring the countries of Epcot until ME comes for us. We'd even made a rez we're looking forward to at Tokyo Dining.

Oh well...I guess it's going to be a DTD day. We snagged a lunch at The Boathouse to console ourselves.

CMC breakfast ADR for the morning we do Blizzard Beach. When we do water parks at home we always have a big breakfast before heading to the water park.
DH and I find water parks make us so much hungrier than normal, so CMC is exactly what we are doing before our planned half day at TL.

Maybe take a peak at the GF and have breakfast at GFC
So if you cancel CMC you could try 1900 Park Fare instead...swap one character buffet for another, plus resort exploration...

We are in WDW for 10 nights, 11 days. I bought at 10 day park hopper, and just called to add day 11.
You can't add a day 11.

What? Yes, I know you can upgrade to an AP, but that's $300 more, and because we....JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE...(surprise!)....there's no way we'll be back before next August. What a bummer! Because we're ending our stay at BC, and our flight out of MCO isn't until 8:59 PM, we were really looking forward to lounging at the hotel until check-out, then leisurely touring the countries of Epcot until ME comes for us. We'd even made a rez we're looking forward to at Tokyo Dining.

Oh well...I guess it's going to be a DTD day. We snagged a lunch at The Boathouse to console ourselves.

Maybe you could not do a park on arrival day? We sometimes just settle in at the resort and go out for dinner on our first day and then get a good night sleep and hit RD in the morning. From the BC beach you can watch Illuminations.

Only 23 more days until our Beach Club stay!! My granddaughters are very excited, my grandson is only 1 and doesn't understand yet!! My son and his family will be there for only part of our trip, but we will be celebrating my daughter-in-law being 1 year cancer free. keeping our fingers crossed it continues. Cannot wait to see Teena and enjoy some relaxing time at Storm a long Bay!!
great reason to celebrate!!!

You can't add a day 11.

Yeah, that's really annoying. You could pay for a waterpark (if you like them) for one day if that would interest you.

Scott - congratulations on the house!

We are there 11 nights/12 days with 10 day park hoppers. We added. Water park options and are doing one water park only day and one rest day

And finally, we got one of the fake pizza delivery ads under our door on Sunday night. We googled the name and it was a scam, not that we were planning on getting a pizza anyway. I turned it in to the front desk yesterday morning. Be on the lookout for sketchy stuff!

Thanks so much for posting about your stay, the refurb scoop and finally the above quote. I'm sure security will be on it.

:thanks::worship::worship::worship::thanks:

Blah, blah, SNIP! because we....JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE...(surprise!)....

Never fear Ninja Mom is here! I have an easy work around for this. You need to sell the house and live in Tarak's Airstream trailer with me. This way you can afford the annual pass AND we (Fancy pants too) can get IN ALL SORTS of TROUBLE!

Think of the havoc we will bestow upon the world with Tara towing us in her giant utility vehicle.

~NM

Yeah, that's really annoying. You could pay for a waterpark (if you like them) for one day if that would interest you.

Or mini-golf? I really want to do the mini-golf one of these days. It's not a bad walk from the BC/YC, and they're open late enough you could do it after dinner when it's not so hot?

Or mini-golf? I really want to do the mini-golf one of these days. It's not a bad walk from the BC/YC, and they're open late enough you could do it after dinner when it's not so hot?

I've always wanted to try the mini-golf, too. It's always been too hot for us (or too rainy), but someday!

OK, I'm sure you've been asked this over and over so I'll ask one more time :)

What would be a good room request for a Beach Club Garden View room? I'd like a large balcony, so I'll request that but would upper floor or near elevator be better?

What would be a good room request for a Beach Club Garden View room? I'd like a large balcony, so I'll request that but would upper floor or near elevator be better?

That's hard to answer for someone else. It's like choosing a flavor of Ice Cream for someone else. It all depends on what you like. We happen to prefer the highest floor and further away from the elevator, but yet my in-laws prefer the lower floor and close to the lobby.

We like a lower floor because we like to use the stairs. They are so much quicker than the elevator. But I only request a full balcony when I do my requests. :)

Our flight going home is now 5:45 pm so expecting MDE by 2:45 pm. We have an ADR at CMC at 1050 am.

What can we do in the mean time? We won't have enough time to do DTD and we won't want to do the pool since we won't like getting dressed in the facilities. I like having a room to change.

Any ideas?
Mini golf?

Edited: I saw a lot of others recommending this already. I hit REPLY before reading all the responses :)

Last edited:
I made a nuts dot com order. I found this place for rum balls and chocolate covered orange peels, since moving to Maryland where chocolate stores do not have a license to sell alcohol. I later found that caraway seeds by the pound was cheaper than the little jars sold in local grocery stores. I also get health nut items like cacao, almond flour, raw almonds, etc. We picked up nuts, dried fruit, trail mixes, gummy bears, chocolate covered pretzels, and of course some rum balls- to pack in checked luggage.

Rum balls = Rum cordials

So we are 7 days away from our Beach Club bash as of today and something is going on with my foot/heel and I can barely walk. I woke up in excruciating pain last night out of a sound sleep. I mean what's the odds of something like this happening a week before we leave?

Trying to stay positive by telling myself I have 6 days to make it better!! This crappy 2015 just keeps getting worse!!!!

Jay

So we are 7 days away from our Beach Club bash as of today and something is going on with my foot/heel and I can barely walk. I woke up in excruciating pain last night out of a sound sleep. I mean what's the odds of something like this happening a week before we leave?

Trying to stay positive by telling myself I have 6 days to make it better!! This crappy 2015 just keeps getting worse!!!!

Jay

Oh that stinks, hope you feel better quickly!
I feel your pain (figuratively, that is.) It seems like every vacation in the past couple of years I have gotten sick right before or during the trip. Holding my breath this year, 8 days to stay healthy...
Good luck with your foot!

Jay

Something always seems to happen to us right before our trips. Illness, stomach bug, someone gets hurt, etc. I'm not letting my kids leave the house for the next two weeks. lol Just kidding...kinda!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter