Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So we are 7 days away from our Beach Club bash as of today and something is going on with my foot/heel and I can barely walk. I woke up in excruciating pain last night out of a sound sleep. I mean what's the odds of something like this happening a week before we leave?

Trying to stay positive by telling myself I have 6 days to make it better!! This crappy 2015 just keeps getting worse!!!!

Jay
Oh of course :( maybe plantar fascititis? I'm sure that's spelled wrong, if it's that it'll ease up with activity but oh it does hurt!! Podiatrist STAT! Feel better! My DH had his medical issue 2 weeks before our drive and I've broken ankles/feet right before our trip. Despite having to be pushed in a wheelchair it was a fabulous trip!

This thread moves so quickly! Just done 15 pages of catchup. Thanks to all those who updated. I'm enjoying seeing the small things being added well in advance. (Dole Whips at the pool!)

Oh of course :( maybe plantar fascititis? I'm sure that's spelled wrong, if it's that it'll ease up with activity but oh it does hurt!! Podiatrist STAT! Feel better! My DH had his medical issue 2 weeks before our drive and I've broken ankles/feet right before our trip. Despite having to be pushed in a wheelchair it was a fabulous trip!

My wife had that before our first ever WDW Trip, she took so much NSAIDS that she ended up basically poisoned, get it seen too rather than cover it up. Decent shoes with arch support are your friend. Amazing what a pair of Birkenstocks did!

So we are 7 days away from our Beach Club bash as of today and something is going on with my foot/heel and I can barely walk. I woke up in excruciating pain last night out of a sound sleep. I mean what's the odds of something like this happening a week before we leave?

Trying to stay positive by telling myself I have 6 days to make it better!! This crappy 2015 just keeps getting worse!!!!

Jay
Oh my; that's horrible! Perhaps you should get into an orthopedist who specializing in foot problems. In the meantime, go to CVS or Walmart and get a Dr.Scholls orthodics which slip into sneakers/shoes which are made for your foot. Those two stores I believe have the machine. I believe a pair is about $50...Been through foot problems with DH and one of our DS. Hopefully, it is not plantar fasciitis like my DS, but heel pain doesn't sound like it. Think plantar is more in the middle of the bottom of the foot. Rubbing a frozen bottle of water helped my DS to relieve the pain. GOOD LUCK!:wizard:

That's hard to answer for someone else. It's like choosing a flavor of Ice Cream for someone else. It all depends on what you like. We happen to prefer the highest floor and further away from the elevator, but yet my in-laws prefer the lower floor and close to the lobby.
Makes complete sense :) Thank you!

We like a lower floor because we like to use the stairs. They are so much quicker than the elevator. But I only request a full balcony when I do my requests. :)
We had a one night stay in June after leaving Vero Beach and were amazed at how fast the elevators were at BC. Maybe I will also only request the full balcony. Thank you!

Jay

Hope you feel better and continue to do so. Foot pain is not fun, especially the week before vacation.

Hi. I've just booked my first stay at the Beach Club, found this board and thread, and have learned so much! I just wanted to say hello and thank you for all of this wonderful information! My husband and I are really looking forward to just walking into EPCOT for the Food & Wine Festival. Our dates are 10/25-10/31. Please add us to the Be Our Guest list!

Jay

Agree with others- get it checked out, but inserts and anti-inflammatories (if your are able to take them) should help. As far as the odds- it seems like every vacation we have ever taken anywhere had someone getting sick or hurt within a week of leaving. Our last trip to visit family, Pop could not sleep in a bed after the first night. Turns out he had gotten another compression fracture in his spine. So it happens more frequently than you might think (although I am not sure of the actual odds). Hope you are feeling better soon and can have a wonderful vacation!

Agree with others- get it checked out, but inserts and anti-inflammatories (if your are able to take them) should help. As far as the odds- it seems like every vacation we have ever taken anywhere had someone getting sick or hurt within a week of leaving. Our last trip to visit family, Pop could not sleep in a bed after the first night. Turns out he had gotten another compression fracture in his spine. So it happens more frequently than you might think (although I am not sure of the actual odds). Hope you are feeling better soon and can have a wonderful vacation!

On a trip with my daughter (our last Mom-Daughter only trip - she was pregnant at that time with our first and so far, only, grandchild!!) we had a really wonderful time, but due to her "condition," we spent a lot of time resting - she was at that "I'm so tired" stage! We even ended up putting her in a wheel chair (a push one compliments of the resort - you just have to ask) so she could retain her energy. So, every trip is truly different - and that one, I will cherish forever!! And I'm SOOOO looking forward to bringing that little boy on his first Mickey-Trip when he's a bit older!!

We leave tomorrow and I did online check-in a couple of days ago. I requested a large balcony, near elevator. When I look up our reservation now, our standard booked room has been changed to this...

Room Type: Lagoon or Pool View. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds, 1 daybed​

I can't imagine are there are many accessible rooms (I thought I read there were 22) any ideas where this might be? We are excited at the prospect of getting a pool or lagoon view. Typically we get parking lot views.

Jay

Whatever the problem is I offer to fix it for half price. I take cash only and you can not have any allergies to Voodoo dolls. Oddly enough I have a number of immediate openings.

In all seriousness go right to the expert, meaning a podiatrist. Orthopedists are jacks of all trades, masters of none. If it's your Achilles tendon they can hook you up with some heel lift pads, if it's Plantar fasciitis they can tape you or, if necessary, inject you to provide relief. Men of a certain age with acute onset heal pain may be in danger of an Achilles tendon rupture so get thee to thy physician!

~NM, Voodoo doctor to the stars and a handful of Kardashians.

jakeybake, I hope that it eases up for you, and a solution can be found! See a professional, and take it easy, maybe pre-rest is the key ;)

We are on our drive down from GA tomorrow, less then 24 hours!! The kids are so excited, I am struggling as I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to my family...but am thankful for the visit and need to keep positive as they are coming up to visit us in the spring.

Hopefully will run into some friends from this board before we leave BCV on the 22nd!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter