Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Yeah...are you sure that was an employee?? This sounds sketchy. Why would an employee want to take pictures of/from your balcony??

An employee
So you actually saw the employee go out to your balcony and take pictures? He had a name tag & Disney ID? Did you ask why? That is not normal at all. They do daily rooms checks, but not photos from balconies. I would have questioned it.

Our water view room was overlooking other balconies and rooms, no water in sights
Were you facing the courtyard? The waterfall and pool are considered water view.

The food court is way too small and the food was just okay.
When did they build a food court?

Oh and around 3-4pm, every day of the week, when we were showering and getting ready for the evening, a man would knock to take a pictures of the balcony and said he would come back some other time! Our balcony is not that great dude!
Okay, this is weird!

When they said Food Court, I assume they mean Roaring Fork. And I'll give them that...the seating area seemed pretty small to me. Well, indoors, at least. Outdoor seating was good.

I'm also curious about room location. The WDW website says "water view" is - Views of Pool, Waterfall, Bay Lake or Copper Creek.

When they said Food Court, I assume they mean Roaring Fork. And I'll give them that...the seating area seemed pretty small to me. Well, indoors, at least. Outdoor seating was good.

I'm also curious about room location. The WDW website says "water view" is - Views of Pool, Waterfall, Bay Lake or Copper Creek.
We booked a water view room and were given room 3027. It overlooked the outdoor seating area outside of Roaring Fork. I think that the new water view category is the old courtyard view.

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5484.jpeg
    IMG_5484.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 68
Oh and around 3-4pm, every day of the week, when we were showering and getting ready for the evening, a man would knock to take a pictures of the balcony and said he would come back some other time! Our balcony is not that great dude!
I am hoping he was there to take a photo to make sure the room is in the right view category.

We booked a water view room and were given room 3027. It overlooked the outdoor seating area outside of Roaring Fork. I think that the new water view category is the old courtyard view.
Oh my! Can this actually be a water view? Did you keep the room? I may have asked for another. :)

Oh my! Can this actually be a water view? Did you keep the room? I may have asked for another. :)
We paid for a water view, and I knew it would really be a courtyard view. It turned out to be a great location, close to the elevator and very quiet. We've had rooms that overlooked the main pool in the past which were very noisy. We've also had rooms in the past that overlooked the upper courtyard that were noisy from people talking as they entered and exited the building. So, I was happy with this location. And it was a nice view from the balcony if you turned the chairs a little and looked to the left. :)

We paid for a water view, and I knew it would really be a courtyard view. It turned out to be a great location, close to the elevator and very quiet. We've had rooms that overlooked the main pool in the past which were very noisy. We've also had rooms in the past that overlooked the upper courtyard that were noisy from people talking as they entered and exited the building. So, I was happy with this location. And it was a nice view from the balcony if you turned the chairs a little and looked to the left. :)
I agree with all of this! Especially because you know the resort so well. Someone else may have been dissappointed! Just don't think this resort fits the "resort view or water view" generic mold. Liked the old courtyard view category.

We had a room very close to the lobby. The balcony looks directly into the courtyard.

If you look to the right, it's all building.
WL 221.jpg

But if you look left, you can see the pool and the lake.
WL222.jpg

I wish they had kept the original name Courtyard View for the rooms closer to the lobby, and only rename the rooms near the pool and lake as Water View.

I wish they had kept the original name Courtyard View for the rooms closer to the lobby, and only rename the rooms near the pool and lake as Water View.
I agree. The generic "one size fits all" categories that they are applying to the resorts just doesn't work. Wilderness Lodge should have kept the courtyard label. I'm sure that the staff get plenty of complaints about it.

We had a room very close to the lobby. The balcony looks directly into the courtyard.

If you look to the right, it's all building.
View attachment 836412

But if you look left, you can see the pool and the lake.
View attachment 836415

You’d be looking at the stream “flowing” from the lobby to the pool, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter