Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

If you are a member of Touring Plans you can actually see the view from the room that you may possibly want. They will send a fax for you 5 days before you arrive and you can add comments on a comment page. If you are that concerned about your room, you may want to join just for that service. Also, doing room requests at on-line check-in is much more detailed than it used to be on the WDW website.

By the way, we love Magnolia Terrace on the gazebo side. We were fortunate enough to have a room there once and absolutely loved the location. I really wanted to do a room request for the same type room that you wanted, but was overruled in favor of a Royal Guest room for our upcoming trip. We have requested Oak Manor, second floor, facing SW. I really hope you get your room request.
My goodness I've had TP the past 2 years and had no idea about this feature. Just looked it up and wow! Thanks for the info!

Have your families played Pokemon Go at POR? I was wondering if that would be a fun activity there the first evening before we enter the parks the next morning.
I would guess it has some Pokestops and pokemon to catch there on the grounds and along the river. Thanks!

Have your families played Pokemon Go at POR? I was wondering if that would be a fun activity there the first evening before we enter the parks the next morning.
I would guess it has some Pokestops and pokemon to catch there on the grounds and along the river. Thanks!
Not at POR, but we played all over WDW last weekend and the kids had a blast! Lots of new Pokemon not "native" to our area!!

Came home on 9/11/16 after a 10 day stay. It was AMAZING!! POR is just so beautiful, thanks to this thread I was well informed. I requested ground floor, close to pool. Got a text message about room being ready before I even got on the plane. I didn't get anything I requested, so I called and they could not have been nicer. I got building 85, first floor. We mostly used the East depot for busing and never had a problem ( stood only 2 times on the way to the parks, the way back was more crowded and stood a bit more). I did notice if the bus stopped at FQ on the return it always went to the West, north, east and then south. If it was a Riverside only bus it always stopped at the south depot first, then west, north,east.

I just booked December 14-23rd!!! I am so excited, the thought just crossed my mind last night and I booked today!! So I haven't told kids, and am going to try so hard to keep my mouth shut! My kids love por. Plan right now is to show up to school with some mickey balloons on the way to the airport! Now i need to go see if i can find any adr's lol

My wife says I can't keep a secret... When it comes to Disney, She's right.
10 minutes after booking the trip, I'd of told the kids. :mic: :wizard::wizard:

Hope you have better luck keeping the secret

well normally my kids know before. But we have a trip in March for cheer, and a 2 week bounce back in july. with the possibility of another trip in May for cheer. This was so spur of the moment. I want to make sure I can swing it before I get everybody excited! So that will help me keep my mouth shut! plus its a much shorter amount of time, than i normally have between booking and the actual trip lol!

I booked the bounce back during our stay 2 weeks ago. So excited for our first stay at POR next August!

I booked the bounce back during our stay 2 weeks ago. So excited for our first stay at POR next August!

You will absolutely love it. I think Andre says it best: Port Orleans is my second home-I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!!! We will be there for 5 nights starting on Saturday (our date with Bob) and cannot wait to get on the road to WDW.

Yes, there are lots of Pokemon Go things all around Port Orleans (and WDW generally). There's a Stop just by the fountain in the courtyard of Oak Manor, which was within range from our room so my daughter could visit it without leaving the room, which she loved!

LOL! I wonder how I would request that for our room! I think we were in Oak in a Royal Room last year, but probably not in range of the fountain, since we were on a side and near but not facing the river. I think our next trip is for a RR Garden view, again.

Did she catch any dratini or dragonair there or anywhere else at WDW? The areas along rivers and lakes are supposed to be the best places to catch them, so it seems like POR should be ideal for catching those rare 'mons.

Now that would be a fun room request: near a PokeStop. LOL My son would love that.

I think the room assignment manager would love to read that request (if indeed he hasn't seen one already). He's well aware of the popularity of the game, and I seem to recall he and his son have taken more than one Pokemon walk. :)

Did she catch any dratini or dragonair there or anywhere else at WDW

I know she got a ton of them while at Disney, but I don't know which ones. I'll ask her if she has any tips when she gets back from school later. Another member of our party caught Pikachu inside the POFQ restaurant, but we never found it again so Lucy didn't get it.

Andre

I'm changing our WL reservation to POR Royal Room Garden View, 12/16 thru 12/24. For room requests, I'd like to have a fourth floor AND a corner. Is that too limiting? If it is, is changing it to third or fourth floor corner much better? Should I make the request when I change the reservation?

Are the Royal Rooms much further to the main building and buses than the preferred rooms?

Thank you!

I'm changing our WL reservation to POR Royal Room Garden View, 12/16 thru 12/24. For room requests, I'd like to have a fourth floor AND a corner. Is that too limiting? If it is, is changing it to third or fourth floor corner much better? Should I make the request when I change the reservation?

Are the Royal Rooms much further to the main building and buses than the preferred rooms?

Thank you!

They only go up to 3 floors in the middle of each building and 2 stories on the wings. Check out the room views at touringplans.com or the room layouts at www.portorleans.org

The Royal Rooms are located in Oak Manor and Paterre Place buildings which are across the river from resort central. There is a bridge between the two buildings that will take you across. Not too far for us and we have stayed there several times.

I am posting a link with the room views: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-riverside

Just click on the building you want to see and get started.

Last edited:
They only go up to 3 floors in the middle of each building and 2 stories on the wings. Check out the room views at touringplans.com or the room layouts at www.portorleans.org

The Royal Rooms are located in Oak Manor and Paterre Place buildings which are across the river from resort central. There is a bridge between the two buildings that will take you across. Not too far for us and we have stayed there several times.

I am posting a link with the room views: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-riverside

Just click on the building you want to see and get started.
I was thinking "there isn't a 4th floor"
I didn't think the walk to the main building/bus stop was too far either.
We often went over to the East bus stop instead, since the South (main stop) is more crowded. It wasn't that far of a walk to the East stop either.

Are there luggage carts handy? Are they all near check in or are there any that stay with the individual buildings? With 3 kids it's easier to get everything in at once!

I checked in today on MDE and requested a king-sized bed, which is my most important request. But is there a way to note "close to transportation"? I didn't see it on MDE. I have a fax request set up via TP and think I might have noted in there, but I figure the more places I can list it, the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter