Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just arrived!!! They said that the resort was 100% full last night so room should be ready between 3 and 5. I did put a room request on my original reservation and faxed a room request a couple of days ago but now that I'm here, I'm so happy I just don't care where our room is ... But I'll still let everyone know if it was granted.

Just arrived!!! They said that the resort was 100% full last night so room should be ready between 3 and 5. I did put a room request on my original reservation and faxed a room request a couple of days ago but now that I'm here, I'm so happy I just don't care where our room is ... But I'll still let everyone know if it was granted.

Well we asked for ground floor, near footbridge and close to river ... we were given an awesome room in bldg 85 facing the river, however it was third floor, so it didn't suit us ... anyway we are now in a Acadian house, ground floor much further away from the river but closer to the North Depot ... it is pouring rain right now but the forecast looks great for the rest of the week. In the end it really doesn't matter too much where your room is -- we are so happy to be here. Truly a magical place!

We just checked out today..... Yesterday Housekeeping didn't arrive till after 4 pm, prior to that I was getting worried that I went to ask for towels and was told resort was at 100% occupancy. Did not seem that congested to me, so the size definitely helps with the crowds

Did not seem that congested to me, so the size definitely helps with the crowds

Other than the food court and the checkin desks at busy times of day (and those buses back from the parks at closing time!) Riverside never feels crowded. I guess it's because the people all spread out in different directions and so it feels really peaceful however busy it really is.

Andre

While looking at a Port Orleans specific site I noted that it stated the River Roost Lounge accepts TIW.............can anyone tell me if that is still true? We're looking forward to Yee Haw Bob on the first night of our November trip.............

Doug :goofy:

While looking at a Port Orleans specific site I noted that it stated the River Roost Lounge accepts TIW.............can anyone tell me if that is still true?

Yes it does. Both indoor bars do, but not the pool bars.

Andre

In both 2009 and 2012, I stayed at All Star Sports. While it's a nice enough resort and I would stay there again, for this trip I've decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I was initially booked for Art of Animation in a standard room, but a variety of reasons had me second guessing that decision.

I'm running the 2017 Dark Side Challenge in April so I wanted a relaxing resort that I felt like I could leisurely explore for recovery between races and a change of pace. Plus, it turns out that my travel agent was able to get a group rate for the race weekend that makes Riverside cheaper than Art of Animation, so that's a no brainer.

I also seriously considered French Quarter, but Riverside looks more appealing to me for whatever reason plus I'd love to catch Yeehaw Bob on my first night since I've heard so much about his show for years now, but never checked it out.

In both 2009 and 2012, I stayed at All Star Sports. While it's a nice enough resort and I would stay there again, for this trip I've decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I was initially booked for Art of Animation in a standard room, but a variety of reasons had me second guessing that decision.

I'm running the 2017 Dark Side Challenge in April so I wanted a relaxing resort that I felt like I could leisurely explore for recovery between races and a change of pace. Plus, it turns out that my travel agent was able to get a group rate for the race weekend that makes Riverside cheaper than Art of Animation, so that's a no brainer.

I also seriously considered French Quarter, but Riverside looks more appealing to me for whatever reason plus I'd love to catch Yeehaw Bob on my first night since I've heard so much about his show for years now, but never checked it out.

It's a beautiful place to walk around and to relax. I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck with your training and your races as well!

Is it possible to walk over to POFQ for beignets (about how long is the walk)? Or should we plan on driving over?

Thanks! :love:

Booked another trip and another stay at POR. We may well never stay anywhere else
Tried FQ for my birthday last month and it was ok but like POR better.
Anyway, we decided to brave the crowds and do Thanksgiving at Disney.
DD's AP expires in December so we are trying to get in 1 more trip before her pass expires (won't be renewing hers)
That rules out going the week before Christmas since school gets out on the day her pass expires so we are trying Thanksgiving.
We'll arrive on 11/22 and she, DGD and I will stay till 11/28
DH will leave 11/26 so he can take my Dad to a football game (I gave up my ticket to my Dad)
All that to say, we have 2 rooms, my first time to try out getting rooms near(ish) each other or even getting really lucky and getting a connecting room.
We've always done a Villa on other trips with DD.
Anyway, since we are booking rack rate (no discounts on most of those dates anyway) I wondered what category stands the best chance of getting a connecting room? Are there more of them in a certain area? Or are they spread all over?
For instance, if there are no River View rooms with a connecting room next door then I shouldn't book River View. Or if 90% of the connecting rooms are Garden then we need to book Garden, that type of thing.

Anyway, since we are booking rack rate (no discounts on most of those dates anyway) I wondered what category stands the best chance of getting a connecting room? Are there more of them in a certain area? Or are they spread all over?

They are spread out pretty evenly to be honest, and about 50% of all rooms connect. Take a look at the floorplan layouts on my site for more of an idea of how it works.

Perhaps Preferred Location has proportionally slightly less connecting rooms than average, and Royal Room Pool View for some reason has very few so avoid that category. The last two columns in this table give you the exact breakdown anyway:

upload_2016-9-8_17-29-31.png

Andre

Booked another trip and another stay at POR. We may well never stay anywhere else
Tried FQ for my birthday last month and it was ok but like POR better.
Anyway, we decided to brave the crowds and do Thanksgiving at Disney.
DD's AP expires in December so we are trying to get in 1 more trip before her pass expires (won't be renewing hers)
That rules out going the week before Christmas since school gets out on the day her pass expires so we are trying Thanksgiving.
We'll arrive on 11/22 and she, DGD and I will stay till 11/28
DH will leave 11/26 so he can take my Dad to a football game (I gave up my ticket to my Dad)
All that to say, we have 2 rooms, my first time to try out getting rooms near(ish) each other or even getting really lucky and getting a connecting room.
We've always done a Villa on other trips with DD.
For instance, if there are no River View rooms with a connecting room next door then I shouldn't book River View. Or if 90% of the connecting rooms are Garden then we need to book Garden, that type of thing.

I'm not sure I'll stay anywhere else either! I love it so much, I think I'd miss it if I stayed somewhere else. I'll just have to go eat and shop at other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter