Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone there now confirm whether there are refillable mugs with handles? TIA!

Just checked in. Room wasn't ready when we arrived at 11:30, so we jumped in pool till 1:30 when our room was ready. Requested building 14 or 18 ground floor and received our requests!!! Yeah! Going into Disney Springs tonight to eat supper at Wolfgang Puck Express - free dining! We've spent the last 8 days at Contemporary (4) and Beach Club (4) and have been paying OOP. Excited to be staring our 7 night PORS stay.

Can someone please give some advice.
We are holidaying at POR 13-21 February for our first WDW experience.
My husband & I are wanting to book a king room and we will also be booking a queen room for my sister, niece and nephew.
I saw we can book a priority room but I am not sure if we can get a king priority room, does anyone know if we can?
Also do you think it will be warm enough to swim in the pools when we come?

My husband & I are wanting to book a king room and we will also be booking a queen room for my sister, niece and nephew.
I saw we can book a priority room but I am not sure if we can get a king priority room, does anyone know if we can?
Also do you think it will be warm enough to swim in the pools when we come?

I think you are referring to 'Preferred' rooms, which guarantee you a room fairly close to the main buildings and transportation (specifically, in the Alligator Bayou section, buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27). You can't book a King Room to be guaranteed in that section (the king rooms are spread around all over the resort) however there are a number of king rooms that happen to be located within those four buildings which you would be perfectly at liberty to request.

As they normally attempt to keep groups together, I would suggest you book Preferred for your relatives and King Bed for yourself - and make sure the two reservations are linked on the booking system. If you want a connecting doorway, request CONNECTING rooms rather than just adjoining (which merely means somewhere nearby).

As for swimming, it's hard to say and the temperatures can vary a lot then - you might be lucky and find it peaks in the lower 80s, or equally it might be down in the 50s - and certainly it will be cooler over night. We've swum there in February when the air was in the 50s mid-afternoon, but we're Brits so almost anything seems warm to us in February! It depends a bit on what you are used to at home (Australia I'm assuming?). The pools are heated to 82° all year round, but do remember that the air isn't and you'll have to come out sometime. :) I wouldn't plan to swim at night after parks though.

Andre

We will be arriving at POR in 2 days, I've read before that you can fax in room requests, and also just ask when checking in. Whats the preferred way? I would like to make a try of it if its not too late.....

Depends where in Oak Manor, but around 900 yards or so.

Andre
Okay, great. It's closer than I thought! Another question, how often does POFQ not share buses with POR? We are going at the beg to mid Dec with little ones, and I was considering utilizing POFQ buses if the POR buses have long lines when returning from the parks.

Okay, great. It's closer than I thought! Another question, how often does POFQ not share buses with POR? We are going at the beg to mid Dec with little ones, and I was considering utilizing POFQ buses if the POR buses have long lines when returning from the parks.
Based on our last 2 trips to POFQ the buses to/from MK were not shared except for a very early AM bus we used to get to a pre-park openning ADR at CP. For Epcot and DHS buses at the end of the night were not shared. Mid-Day was mixed at Epot (weekend sometimes seperate, it was F & W).
BTW we walk up to POR several times a trip even when we stayed in Building 1. Get a copy of the resort maps. You can save steps using short cuts through the POFQ courtyards rather than sticking to the river path.

Last edited:
Great! I look forward to the new mugs. We bring can coozies with handles anyway if we hate them.
I don't mind them for cold drinks, but I prefer coffee in a mug (handle). We brought old mugs (considered reactivating them, but didn't bother) but we're using new mugs (no handles) for cold drinks and the handle mugs for coffee. Best of both worlds for us. Lots of people using cardboard carrying trays (provided by Disney).

I know I've seen opinions on buildings on here but am chatting with my TA so don't have a ton of time to search through comments. Staying in AB, doing most breakfasts, if not all, in room. Which building would you prefer to request (knowing it's not 100% going to happen) closer to main building, or closer to West Depot?

Family of 4 taking a RCCL cruise in October. Arriving MCO at 5:00 pm on a Saturday, Cruise ship leaves at 4:30 pm Sunday. Thinking about spending that first night at POR, no time for parks but kids could swim and enjoy the resort. We could use DME from MCO to POR, but what should we use to get to the ship and back to MCO a week later? Cost is a factor.
DCL will transfer you from resort to port and port to MCO. Cost is $35 pp each way. Depending on the size of your party, a private car may be cheaper.

Just booked out bounce back with free dining for POR for next June. Far enough out to grab a standard room before the discounts were all gone. I know I could always upgrade to a garden or better. My question - I really want to stay in AB, not the mansions. The walks aren't the issue, nor is the view so much, just want to be in that area. Think my odds are good we will end up in AB? or should I upgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter